“first time!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 25, 2014

it was good friday, and knowing how many people goes to baguio during the holy week, i knew that it would be impossible to get a table at amare. but to my surprise, there was a vacant table at 12pm for 5 persons.
the mint iced tea was their best seller and the pizzas (margarita and fromage).
i will definitely go back to this place, love the pizza!

2  Thank MiguelOrtigas

Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

I have tried quite a few, and this is one of the best italian-style pizzas in the Philippines. The pasta and skewers are great too, and prices are very reasonable - I highly recommend the food here!

2  Thank NiMaHe
Reviewed April 6, 2014

My Pastor and his family brought me to Amare for dinner this evening.... I never thought that there's this truly great italian resto in town... The food was delicious, the staff are so friendly, the place is also nice and as a music student, i can say that they do have a good taste when it comes not only to food bu also music... I highly recommend this restaurant to all creatures in town who loves Italian cuisine. I surely will go back there.

3  Thank Jeannard Jay T
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Thought amare was closed for business. Thanks to tripadvisor got their new address.
Bigger place, bigger "Pugon", food tastes even better esp the pizza. Of course i ordered my fave mint iced tea perfect for summer! My daughter enjoyed making her own pizza! Thanks to the owner Chef Edmark. She likes the woodfire spareribs too and the dessert affogato. My son loves their bolognese spaghetti.
And before going back to manila i ordered my fave pizza "Foie Gras Pizza" (a must try pizza, its super really good!) for pasalubong. The owner told me that soon they will introduce new pizza to their menu. Im really excited to try that...but not so sure when we're going back to baguio. Sigh.. Hope amare will have their branch here in manila!

1  Thank CVS14
Reviewed March 16, 2014

The tomato-based pasta & pizza are as Italian food should be = NOT SWEET. Only Pinoys love sweet tomato sauce :P Great overall review from a group of 5 aged 11 to 49 - special pizza and pasta fruti di mare. The pizza is filling though thin crust. The carbonara's bacon bits was quite generous but was expecting it to be a little creamier - maybe on the second visit will try to request it (if ordered) and will prod more on how foods are prepared. This was the first visit so we wanted to see what they had and didn't make much request.

The ribs sizes were OK but found the choice cut to be a little fatty. We like fat but not that much. Unfortunately no pictures to show you, sorry. Mixed review on taste: my nephew said OK, a couple of us said needed a bit more salt. Table salt & pepper were provided so no worries.

Next time, must try desserts - affogato & gelato only on the menu, currently.

Expected it to be pricey (thanks to TripAdvisor) so not at all disappointed with that.

The brick oven is cool but the ventilation could use improvement. 1 or 2 powerful suction exhaust (fan & pipe) would certainly help dissipate the smoke away from patrons. I can appreciate that the ceiling fan set-up right now is relieving the "oven-duty staff" from heat and smoke but it was also fanning the smoke to the patrons.

Its location on the ground floor is ok for senior citizens & PWD so that's a plus. Won't hesitate to bring our elderlies next time.

2  Thank ika-siyam