“Lousy Mongolian Buffet”

Veniz Grill
Ranked #150 of 325 Restaurants in Baguio
Cuisines: Asian, Mongolian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pasig, Philippines
“Lousy Mongolian Buffet”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I had lunch with my family at Veniz Grill located at the corner of Harrison Street and Abanao Street in Baguio City. Before choosing to try this place, I read some promising reviews comparing it to the more popular O Mai Khan also located in Baguio City. The review I read stated that it was much better than O Mai Khan so I decided to try it out with my family. Looking for the place is also very difficult since you have to navigate through one of the hotel's other food vendors, namely Betty's Kitchen. It started out promising enough, we checked the spread and noticed that they had a wider array of vegetables and meat choices as compared to O Mai Khan, they even had a service soup station which was a plus. I noticed that the place was not full so I really thought that the service was going to be good. Big mistake. Before filling up my first bowl, I asked the server there if there was an extra charge for the egg since at O Mai Khan, they charged extra ten pesos per egg, the server said it was included in the buffet price and I felt that one got better value here at Veniz Grill, so I added an egg to the bowl. They had a cheat sheet so that it would be easier for guests to mix the sauces so I followed that. The first bowl came out very dry and bland. I thought to myself that I better amp up on the flavors that I wanted for the next bowl. I also ordered pork barbeque for my daughter and even that one they flubbed. They brought a different order to our table and sine the nanny doesn't know any better, they ate it. When the actual order came to the table that was the only time the restaurant staff found out they served the order for a different table. It is inexcusable. The wait staff were just standing around and the manager was clueless. The second bowl came afer twenty minutes of waiting. It was too slow, I was wondering if the place was full, when would the dishes come out? After an hour? To top it all off, they charged 10 pesos for each egg that we got and had the gall to charge me 3% service charge. I waned to leave the place right away after making my payment. This place is an absolute disgrace to the restaurant and hospitality industry.

• Visited April 2013