“Still Great Place to Visit” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Filipino, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Virginia
“Still Great Place to Visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

I remember coming to this place regularly over 30 years ago whenever we visited the summer capital every summer break. Had a chance to visit it again after many years of absence.

Place is still good as I remembered it. The dishes we ordered were all good -- palabok, fried chicken, beef & broccoli and the ho-to-tay soup. We also had their yummy ensaymada. I was hoping to get a slice of their egg pie but they no longer have this available except if ordered ahead of time. Service was good as well. We had a late lunch at 3:00pm and there was still a lot of customers, and noted as well that there were many customers picking up their cake orders. Next time I visit, I will need to keep some room for dessert.

• Visited January 2014

Hue
“Eggshells in cakes”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Whenever I am in Baguio, I buy cakes from Tea House - snow cake, streamline, chona's delight. I just noticed that the quality of their cakes are declining. For the past 3 years, I have eggshells in the cakes that I've eaten from Tea House, and just last month, their snow cake is so, so sweet, it's bordering to inedible anymore. The cake is also dry and papery, unlike way way back before that it's moist.

I guess this happens to bakeshops that have their customers grow in numbers, but it looks like they just don't care also - coz they know that many will still buy from them and will just brush-off these small cake issues.

Also, they don't give the right amount of discount to senior citizens!

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Hope_RememberTrip
Baguio, Philippines
“Quick Lunch, Yummy Cakes at a Baguio Classic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

The Tea House at Session Road has been a classic with the locals. If you're looking for a quick, filling, affordable lunch - try their Chinese dishes (their Sweet & Sour fish, and Mixed Seafood & Vegetables are good).And don't forget dessert - I recommend their strawberry cake.

Visited September 2013
Makati, Philippines
“So Sweet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I love this place. It was recommended by a friend. There’s a lot of flavors, but I appreciate most their blueberry cheese cake and the strawberry cake. It’s like an ice cream cake. Their location is accessible to anyone. The cake is somehow expensive but it’s worth it.

• Visited February 2013
Taguig City, Philippines
“Tea House Restaurant and Bakeshop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Its a place where you can dine and eat, you can also buy delicious desserts from the store what we bought are strawberry cake and blue berry cheesecake. They have a quick service when buying these deserts, there was 10 of us and we didn't wait to long to pay.

• Visited February 2013