“Potentially the best hotel in its class”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Citylight Hotel

Citylight Hotel
Ranked #34 of 48 Hotels in Baguio
“Potentially the best hotel in its class”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I booked two rooms over the weekend, April 13-14, 2003.

This is my second time to stay at this hotel. Although my expectations were satisfactorily met, I felt the hotel can do more to elevate the experience from mere satisfactory to excellent.

On the plus side, the hotel is noted for its reasonable price, its utilitarian and minimalist charm, and its sumptuous breakfast. The eat-all-you-can breakfast is its true selling point. However, be ready to squeeze in a crowd of hungry diners as they allow "ousiders" to dine in their restaurant. And how they come in multitudes especially during weekends.

If the hotel were to seriously improve itself and provide the best value for money, these issues should very well be addressed by the management:

1. Installation of exhaust fan in the bathroom (it can get stinky in the room which is ruinous of the pleasant experience)
2. Wi-fi connection in every room.
3. Free toothbrush and tooth paste.
4. Prompt action over simple requests (it took me 2-3 follow-ups before they acted on my request for slippers and hot water)

All things considered, my hotel experience was slightly better than okay. But how I wish I could lavish it more with praises. Perhaps on my next visit.

Room Tip: Choose higher floors with windows and view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Korean first
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We arrived in the Hotel at about 5:30 in the morning. Although our check in time would be at 2:00 p.m., the friendly and accommodating staff secured our luggage so we could be free to roam the city.
For a budget hotel, the rooms were tidy, staff friendly and beds were very comfortable. for an extra person to share the room without another bed, you are charged Php 350 per head, which was quite reasonable.

Their breakfast buffet at Php 195/ head is well recommended,

In short , we had a good time in the city and in the hotel we stayed and would definitely return and recommend these to friends.

Room Tip: For a family of eight, we took two deluxe room with two double beds. We did not request additional...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Good location and clean rooms..most value for your money. This is the beat hotel.and will come back here soon.just please make the wifi in rooms stronger..love the facts that they have free tea and coffee

• Stayed April 2012
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

The last months we have been going up to Baguio every time we would visit our daughter we would stay at this hotel. It is very near session road and just seconds away from the Baguio Cathedral. Price is good and location is great. Just be ready to be awaken every morning to the church bells ringing. Music to my ears. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Please disregard the rating of fitness center. The hotel has no fitness center and I accidentally ti...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PH_mama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Last February 15, I went on a trip to Baguio for the first time. Together with my friends, we looked for a place to stay. Since Hotel Supreme was fully-booked that time, we considered other hotels.

6 of my friends chose to stay at a cheap transient house since it was budget-friendly. I was gonna go for it too if it had HOT AND COLD SHOWER. Sadly, the transient did not offer that. I then said I will find another place for myself and my partner.

We went to City Light only to eat at their buffet offering. The facade and the lobby looked great so I asked if there were any rooms available. The receptionist gave us a deluxe or superior room (I forget what it is) for 2.6k. It was already reasonable since it includes a free breakfast already.

1st Downside - since we checked in at aroud 7am, they were not considerate enough to waive the early check-in fee which was 1.3k.

2nd Downside - We did not have the free breakfast that day even though we paid an early check-in fee.

Although the bellboys were nice and accommodating, the receptionist was far from friendly.

The bellboys were nice enough to insist on carrying my luggage and set the room up. One even declined the tip i was giving. :)

Room was great, although do not go for east-side ones. OUTSIDE THE WINDOW IS THEIR BASEMENT PARKING LOT. Yes, the s/d rooms are located on the basement. There is very very poor cellular reception and ZERO 3G signal. Wi-Fi is also not available. I immediately requested for a room transfer after finding all these things out. Sadly, we were only transferred on the second day of our stay.

Generally, it was an okay experience. But surely, there are better hotels out in Baguio.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank nikkosargos
Baguio, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel has the best location if your staying in baguio, its conviently located in the heart of the city. The hotel is newly renovated so it is very clean. Rooms were very clean however the rooms were poorly designed especially the bathrooms. Beds were a bit hard maybe because they were new. Some of the rooms were a bit chilly and had poor lighting. Breakfast was excluded when you check in. And the buffet in their restaurant was a bit pricey.. Buffet had limited choices and the food was so so. The hotel however has a bar which is a plus. Overall i suggest you include this in your list when choosing a place to stay in baguio.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
calgary
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

WARNING! In bold letters not recommended at all. What a dissapointment! I usually never write a review but in this case it was a must! Beds were so uncomfortable and the people here are so unbelievably RUDE! Say hi to one person to ask a question and they would just look the other way. it is obvious when the workers here talk behind your back since they stare you down with such rude looks and even point at you. Im not fond of hotels that discriminate. Sucks for them cause we are pretty good tippers when it comes to nice people. While showering ( in Luke warm, not hot water) the water kept going on and off. Barely any water was coming out of our sink as well. And the restaurant was absolutely the worst! They make u pay first at the door. The buffet was 550 a person. The food was cold, not well taken care of and all the hot dishes were just brown like they just drenched everything with soy sauce. We couldn't eat a thing. And drinks were paid separate. Not worth 550 a person at all. We didn't bother eating breakfast. The street food is way better. Oh. Watch for stupid hidden costs. If there's still food on your plate they make u pay extra. Theres also i sign saying if you stain the towels u also have to pay for it. We decided to leave a day early. I'd rather be around people who don't discriminate.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank misshellc

Travelers are raving about these Baguio hotels