I booked two rooms over the weekend, April 13-14, 2003.
This is my second time to stay at this hotel. Although my expectations were satisfactorily met, I felt the hotel can do more to elevate the experience from mere satisfactory to excellent.
On the plus side, the hotel is noted for its reasonable price, its utilitarian and minimalist charm, and its sumptuous breakfast. The eat-all-you-can breakfast is its true selling point. However, be ready to squeeze in a crowd of hungry diners as they allow "ousiders" to dine in their restaurant. And how they come in multitudes especially during weekends.
If the hotel were to seriously improve itself and provide the best value for money, these issues should very well be addressed by the management:
1. Installation of exhaust fan in the bathroom (it can get stinky in the room which is ruinous of the pleasant experience)
2. Wi-fi connection in every room.
3. Free toothbrush and tooth paste.
4. Prompt action over simple requests (it took me 2-3 follow-ups before they acted on my request for slippers and hot water)
All things considered, my hotel experience was slightly better than okay. But how I wish I could lavish it more with praises. Perhaps on my next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Citylight Hotel is a reflection of Baguio's metropolitan and environmental resplendence, a fresh, modern hotel that features a clean, minimalist, geometric architectural design with a chic Zen interior perfect for setting the mood to ultimate relaxation. Located at the heart of the city, just a few steps from the Baguio Cathedral and session Road, Citylight Hotel offers one hundred rooms providing comfort to traveling guests, Citylight Hotel boasts of 2 elegant ballrooms, 2 corporate functions halls, and several business rooms. Guest will be pleased with free wi-fi access while enjoying the luscious cakes at the coffee shop. The Hotel also offers mouth-watering pasta and western delicacies in its restaurant. And the bar is the perfect place to cap your busy day with its hip music. So book your Baguio trip at Citylight Hotel today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Citylight Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.