“Commuters Haven!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio
Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Baguio
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I couldn't remember anymore on how many times we stayed here in Microtel Baguio, it's always been a first choice for 'street-wise' commuters like us. The bus terminal is strategically connected to the hotel so travelling in and out of Baguio has never been an issue. 'Sari-Sari' retail stores are just within the vicinity of the hotel, so just incase you missed to bring your choice of soap or just craving for local junk foods. Although the necesitares are already provided by the hotel in your room :) Everything in Baguio is just within reach from the hotel, you may choose to walk or take a 5 minute jeepney ride to the city center where you can indulgence in the dynamic characteristic of Baguio.

Internally, the staffs are truly awesome and charming! The rooms are equipped with the things that fits your need while travelling. The idea is straight forward, no fuzz no huzz. The rooms are well maintained and food is always great at Te Quero Tapas and Bar-which I also reviewed. Overall the hotel is a great deal for all types of travellers; including those who are travelling on a budget since the hotel offers reasonable prices for a quality service that everyone deserves.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank MyGillian
MicrotelBaguio, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Thank you so much for your recent posting.Your 5 star -excellent ratings for MICROTEL BAGUIO is appreciated.It is wonderful to know that you like what our hotel is all about...A great feeling for me recognizing our awesome/charming hotel staff which is one of our best features!
We are all inspired receiving such accolades.Hoping to have you again and again!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Thank Ma. Christina M

Reviewed April 5, 2014

It’s been years since I travelled to Baguio so I wanted a stress-free travel which for me means an accessible hotel from the bus station. Since I was travelling solo and arriving early in the morning, I didn’t want the hassle of looking for a taxi although I read from the net that its relatively easy to get one. However, I just didn’t want to risk it as I just have trust issues with taxi drivers (hehe). Since Microtel is beside the bus station, I booked an overnight stay for a deluxe room or whatever was their cheapest room. I got it for around Php 2,900 which was basically the same rate the other hotels were offering.

I took the Deluxe Victory Bus and arrived at the station around 5am. As soon as you get off, take the stairs for the 2nd floor where the ticket booth is located. There’s a door to the walkway that connects the station to the hotel. The Security Guard will be there to open the door for you. You will pass by their café and then a door will lead you to the lobby. Very, very convenient. I thought I would be waiting until 2pm to check-in but they apparently had a room available so I was inside my room by 5:30 am.

Room was smaller than what I was expecting but bathroom was bigger than regular. Everything was clean. The towels were not luxurious looking but it was pure white in color and not those tired looking white either. Everything looks functional and convenient. They did not have the usual coffee making corner or a refrigerator for that matter. However, you can get instant coffee in the lobby (near the elevator) anytime. They also have an ice-filling machine at the lobby so you can fill up the ice bucket provided in the room from the lobby and enjoy your ice cold beer or soda. It had a window seat that is big enough for you to sit on to gaze at the window. However, since my window looks over a street, it was pretty useless for me. But if you get the rooms on the 4th floor (I was on the 3rd), then I guess you get a better view. The ice machine and coffee are all on the lobby but they placed it near the elevator so if your room is near the elevator, it’s a relatively short walk to get coffee or ice. Water dispenser is also near the elevator of every floor of the building.

Its not a luxury hotel but the major point of this hotel is that it is near the bus station. It’s like you stayed in those first class lounge in the airport. My travel time back to Manila was 2:30 am so I just checked out a little past 1pm and walked to the bus station in less than a minute and boarded the Deluxe Bus. Very convenient.

Would I recommend this to anyone? YES. But not if you are expecting on having a “staycation” in the hotel as it doesn’t have pool or other entertainment places. But if you want a hassle free bus station to hotel stay, this is it.

One thing I also like about this hotel is that they have an alcogel or hand sanitizer dispenser in all floors. Nice!

Two “bad” things about this hotel is the weak wifi signal in the hotel. I hope they will improve on it. I didn’t mind much as I got free wifi from other establishments I went to. Just wish that they have better wifi. Another is the limited channels on TV. They have cable. Its just that the cable channels were bleh. Might not be the hotel’s fault though.

Room Tip: I like the rooms near the elevator as everything inside the hotel becomes accessible.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Jen18_10

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review.We truly appreciate your detailed comments and positive impression about our location,room and its amenities,coffee/tea making facility,reasonable pricing of rooms and especially our pleasant and well trained staff.Your kind words will instill in our minds to continuously work better for our guests.
The internet and cable television channels are being improved already.
We hope to welcome you again and thanking you in advance for recommending MICROTEL ,great for business travelers!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

The last two times I've been in Baguio I have stayed here.
Its great location, close to the Jeepneys to the city, close to the Taxi's, close to SM! and most of all, the bus to and from Manila are next to it.
It's a very convenient place to stay in! Especially for me because I have my relatives behind MIcrotel. The view from the restaurant are deep green Pine Trees. It's really nice.
The service is okay. Being in the Philippines, service is usually OTT. I'm not sure if they were just shy or what not, but they need to be more accommodating. The rooms are good, shower is spacious, but hate the fact that they still use plastic shower curtains, I freak out whenever it touches me. The toilet is a bit far from the toilet, so if you're short and don't have long enough arms, it will require you to get up from your seat to reach the toilet paper. OR you could just take the toilet paper out of the roll. They do clean the room daily which is good, providing new toothbrush and soaps!
Aircon is not too great, but its not so bad.
If I come back, we'll definitely be coming back to stay here for the convenience. Its not like we stay in the rooms all day!

AJ

Room Tip: Choose a room with Marcoville View if you want to have the Pine trees. Go for a high level bed room...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AJnAlex C
MicrotelBaguio, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

We are glad you found our service OK and being satisfied with our room and location.The rating and feedback such as yours helps us in our effort to continuously improve our facilities and services and we do appreciate your comments on some things for our improvements.We'll look into it..What we are happy indeed is you still considering us on your future visit.Looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We arrived in Baguio from Sagada via bus. We took a cab to Microtel and we were pleased to know that it was right next to the Victory Liner bus. WE bought our bus tickets first then checked in the hotel. We did not have any reservation but we were pleased they had an available room. Room size and amenities were alright for the price. It was also walking distance to SM mall where we easily grabbed something to eat. Lots of taxi around as well. They were ok to keep our bags after checking out since we still went around the city before our midnight bus trip back to Manila.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent posting.We truly appreciate your excellent ratings you gave us.
We would be happy to assist you in the future,please email us for early reservations.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

The hotel is located on the upper part of the main street of Baguio - Session Road - right next to the Victory Bus Terminal and within walking distance of SM Mall and all its restaurants. The reception staff is friendly, helpful and efficient. My room was rather small, but was very clean and had everything I needed, except free internet access. You have to go the reception area to use the internet access. The breakfast buffet is OK, the socalled Tapas Restaurant has very few simillarities with a real tapas place, and the tapas I tasted - from the very limited choice - all tasted the same. But overall the hotel is good value for the Money.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us.We are delighted to know that you had an enjoyable experience and appreciated our way of service,good location,our restaurant's buffet breakfast,friendly and efficient staff..Your overall rating for us makes our operations efforts very rewarding.
We do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

One of the best places to stay in Baguio. It's within the city and near the mall. It's got friendly staff,nice breakfast esp. the danggit. The place is quiet and the weather obviously is great. I'm looking forward to stay here next time and bring my family and friends.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your positive comments and it is most encouraging to learn that you were satisfied with our hotel and its services.Your kind words for our staff will be passed on to them.
We look forward welcoming you,your family and friends here at a relaxing place called MICROTEL.