“Very nice and cozy from the Trinidad,Houston TX”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio
Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Baguio
Houston, Texas
“Very nice and cozy from the Trinidad,Houston TX”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Excellent hotel ,service was great and breakfast is included ,food was also good and delicious.
Rooms have enough space and beds are comfortable.Thanks to Mango tours for booking us to
this hotel,a good walking distance to SM and Baguio Cathedral.We'll definitely come back.

Room Tip: The room we have is overlooking the Victory liner and it was fine.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
MicrotelBaguio, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review .We truly appreciate your excellent ratings you gave us..
We hope to welcome you again on your next trip here in Baguio.

With my best personal regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Arrived in Baguio around 9am of January 30 and was graciously accomodated and allowed to check-in at no extra cost. We were able to rest a while and freshen up from our 3am bus ride from Manila before we headed out to town.

This was our third time to stay in Microtel Baguio and we will definitely come back again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
MicrotelBaguio, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for posting a review of your most recent stay.Appreciated your perfect score for Microtel Baguio!
We will be delighted and always look forward to welcoming you back.

Truly yours.
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stayed here for three days and were severely disappointed by the property. Over 100 a night for a "suite". The rooms have seen better days and seemed to be put together with second-hand Ikea clearance items.

The hotel charges 100 pesos to use the internet in your room for a day and when we requested another pillow, they wanted to charge 100 pesos per day for an additional pillow! The cheapness of the corporate policy is definitely a sure-fire way to ensure I never come back again. When they charge such high room rates and then they try to make more money on stuff that simply makes a guest more comfortable. They even charge additional for two more people staying a four person room. I would expect this kind of pricing behavior at half or a third of the rate but this was simply absurd.

Why Wyndham would attach their brand to this shyster operation, I have no idea. They will never get our business again at this brand.

Breakfast was very good.

The staff were capable & cordial but the corporate policies were insulting at best and penny-pinching corporate silliness at worst.

Stay here at your own financial risk.

Room Tip: Stay away...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
MicrotelBaguio, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
First and foremost,we thank you for your positive feedback on our hotel service.It makes us want to work better and harder knowing our efforts are being recognized and appreciated.
We are also pleased that you found our food to your liking.We would also like to offer our sincerest apologies for any disappointment our hotel may have caused you.And while it is to our regret that you felt our facilities and policies unsatisfactory,we will take it as a positive input to help us improve on our shortcomings.We like to think that we are giving our guests the value for their money by offering them,not the luxury one expects from our high-end counterpart,but the comport and practicality of a home away from home.If,at this end,you think we have failed,we apologize.
We hope you can change your mind about visiting us again in the future.The next time you do,please do not hesitate to keep in touch with me.Your opinion is of much value to us as we work forward becoming more deserving of our Wyndham brand.

Sincerely yours.
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I are regular Baguio visitors and we always look forward to reserving at Microtel Baguio first. Online reservations are very helpful and checking in and out was always easy.
Rooms have enough space and they have very comfortable beds and pillows which helps you relax after a long drive or after exploring around Baguio.
Te Quiero the in house.restaurant serves good.tenderloin steak.for a reasonable.price! Always looking forward to the buffet breakfast, menu changes daily.
Bathroom needs improvement but I think.renovations are in.progress.
Staff is.always friendly.and helpful.
Parking spaces are.available..
In fact, we've booked our room this March for the Session.Road.in Bloom.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Arvin D
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review in Trip Advisor of your recent stay .We are glad that you had a positive experience with us.Your good words for my staff, our facilities and the food we served are very much appreciated..We noted as well your feedback regarding our bathroom,refurbishments are on going.We look forward to welcoming you again this March!

With my best personal regards.
Singapore
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are very large (2 queens size beds that can easily sleep 4) but hotel policy is that even though the room sleeps 4, each room can only take in 2 registered guests - there is a charge of 750pesos for each additional person staying in the room.

Location wise, it is centrally located. Very convenient to get around on foot. Other than location, nothing very much else to shout about really.

I probably would stay again if I were to return to Bagiuo...but only if it's for a 1 or 2 night stay.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
MicrotelBaguio, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post in Trip Advisor of your recent stay in Microtel Baguio.
We shall be looking forward to welcome you and your friends again on your next trip.

My best personal regards.
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Comfort & accessibility is what Microtel stands for. A budget hotel located in the center of the city, with connection to Victory Liner bus terminal is what makes it a property in demand.

A special mention to their Chef who prepared a pure veg cuisine for starving me.

We so liked the hotel that we did suggest it to our friends who made sure they stay there on their Baguio trip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at Microtel Baguio.We are happy to know you like our hotel in terms of comfort,value,location and our services.,Our Chef will be glad knowing such good words from you.
We shall be looking forward to welcoming you and your friends on your next visit.

My best personal regards.
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed at Wyndham Microtel during the holidays (December 28 to January 1) and it was a pleasant experience.

Here are the Pros:
- Excellent Customer Service.
We arrived really early (around 6am) and since it was the peak season, our room wasn't available. Check-in time was 2:00PM. We decided to go exploring and to our surprise, the front desk staff went out of her way to text us at 11:00AM to inform us our room was ready and that we can check in early.

Also, I forgot to indicate that I wanted a non-smoking room because of my asthma and allergies. They went out of our way to check me into a non-smoking room even if they were fully booked.

Lastly, after we checked out, we deliberately left some canned soda and a bottle of beer in the fridge. While having breakfast, we were surprised to see one of the staff rushing towards us carrying a plastic bag with the items we left. Apparently, they were looking for us even if we had already checked out just because they wanted to return the items.

- Location. Lots of good restaurants nearby and it is right beside the Victory Liner station. I was worried at first because some people informed me that it was going to be noisy since it was beside the bus station. Nope...it wasn't noisy at all.

- Housekeeping. Every day, our room was cleaned and toiletries and towels were replenished or replaced. It didn't matter if we left in the morning or in the afternoon.

- Bed. I know some people in this thread can't tell the difference but as I have spinal problems, the chiropractic beds were perfect. I didn't have back pains my entire stay; and for someone with my condition, this is rare.

- Fireworks display. We were going to go to the Manor to celebrate New Year's Eve but we got too lazy. No worries because Wyndham hired a band to play outside the hotel and held their own fireworks display. It was unexpected and it was a great surprise for their guests.

- Te Quiero. This is their in-house restaurant and it is surprisingly good. The free breakfast is perfectly adequate.

Cons:
- If it weren't for the great customer service, I would have ranked this hotel average because I felt our room and most importantly, the bathroom of our room, needs to be refurbished. We took the suite room (even if we were only two people) and I was disappointed to see cracks on the bathtub. The tiles of the bathroom also needs to be fixed up a bit because they looked old.

-There was also a stain on the headboard of our bed.

- No free wifi in the room. I understand that they make money out of this but the rates of the room aren't cheap (my suite room cost over 5,000php a night). A lot of the hotels around the area (that are much cheaper) offer free wifi to their guests. I wish they would do the same.

Still, overall, I would recommend Wyndham and may stay there in my next visit.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank croces
MicrotelBaguio, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay.We truly appreciate your excellent ratings you gave us on location,sleep quality,cleanliness and service,and for the above average grade of the overall.
The Pros you have mentioned are validations that we remain constant and committed to provide excellent service to our beloved customers and featuring our staff as pleasant,courteous,quick and being attentive to all guest's needs.Commending our TeQuiero Restaurant is music to our ears!
On the other side,your comments about our room/bathroom should should be addressed with much priority..Our maintenance and housekeeping people now scheduling a general inspection of all rooms for corrective measures-specially on wall cracks,tile repairs.Rest assured I will monitor this.
Wifi/internet access is given free in the hotel lobby but for the guest rooms,a minimal fee is imposed to sustain our internet provider service fee..How ever,we could be flexible sometimes.Had i known your concern earlier,I can do something about it.

Thank you again for making us proud to be considered and recommend Microtel-Baguio by Wyndham for your future visit..Please email me when you are about to do your reservations.

Happy New Year and my best personal regards.