“One of the Best in Baguio”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio
Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Baguio
“One of the Best in Baguio”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I are regular Baguio visitors and we always look forward to reserving at Microtel Baguio first. Online reservations are very helpful and checking in and out was always easy.
Rooms have enough space and they have very comfortable beds and pillows which helps you relax after a long drive or after exploring around Baguio.
Te Quiero the in house.restaurant serves good.tenderloin steak.for a reasonable.price! Always looking forward to the buffet breakfast, menu changes daily.
Bathroom needs improvement but I think.renovations are in.progress.
Staff is.always friendly.and helpful.
Parking spaces are.available..
In fact, we've booked our room this March for the Session.Road.in Bloom.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Arvin D
MicrotelBaguio, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review in Trip Advisor of your recent stay .We are glad that you had a positive experience with us.Your good words for my staff, our facilities and the food we served are very much appreciated..We noted as well your feedback regarding our bathroom,refurbishments are on going.We look forward to welcoming you again this March!

With my best personal regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Singapore
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are very large (2 queens size beds that can easily sleep 4) but hotel policy is that even though the room sleeps 4, each room can only take in 2 registered guests - there is a charge of 750pesos for each additional person staying in the room.

Location wise, it is centrally located. Very convenient to get around on foot. Other than location, nothing very much else to shout about really.

I probably would stay again if I were to return to Bagiuo...but only if it's for a 1 or 2 night stay.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
MicrotelBaguio, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post in Trip Advisor of your recent stay in Microtel Baguio.
We shall be looking forward to welcome you and your friends again on your next trip.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Comfort & accessibility is what Microtel stands for. A budget hotel located in the center of the city, with connection to Victory Liner bus terminal is what makes it a property in demand.

A special mention to their Chef who prepared a pure veg cuisine for starving me.

We so liked the hotel that we did suggest it to our friends who made sure they stay there on their Baguio trip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at Microtel Baguio.We are happy to know you like our hotel in terms of comfort,value,location and our services.,Our Chef will be glad knowing such good words from you.
We shall be looking forward to welcoming you and your friends on your next visit.

Makati, Philippines
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed at Wyndham Microtel during the holidays (December 28 to January 1) and it was a pleasant experience.

Here are the Pros:
- Excellent Customer Service.
We arrived really early (around 6am) and since it was the peak season, our room wasn't available. Check-in time was 2:00PM. We decided to go exploring and to our surprise, the front desk staff went out of her way to text us at 11:00AM to inform us our room was ready and that we can check in early.

Also, I forgot to indicate that I wanted a non-smoking room because of my asthma and allergies. They went out of our way to check me into a non-smoking room even if they were fully booked.

Lastly, after we checked out, we deliberately left some canned soda and a bottle of beer in the fridge. While having breakfast, we were surprised to see one of the staff rushing towards us carrying a plastic bag with the items we left. Apparently, they were looking for us even if we had already checked out just because they wanted to return the items.

- Location. Lots of good restaurants nearby and it is right beside the Victory Liner station. I was worried at first because some people informed me that it was going to be noisy since it was beside the bus station. Nope...it wasn't noisy at all.

- Housekeeping. Every day, our room was cleaned and toiletries and towels were replenished or replaced. It didn't matter if we left in the morning or in the afternoon.

- Bed. I know some people in this thread can't tell the difference but as I have spinal problems, the chiropractic beds were perfect. I didn't have back pains my entire stay; and for someone with my condition, this is rare.

- Fireworks display. We were going to go to the Manor to celebrate New Year's Eve but we got too lazy. No worries because Wyndham hired a band to play outside the hotel and held their own fireworks display. It was unexpected and it was a great surprise for their guests.

- Te Quiero. This is their in-house restaurant and it is surprisingly good. The free breakfast is perfectly adequate.

Cons:
- If it weren't for the great customer service, I would have ranked this hotel average because I felt our room and most importantly, the bathroom of our room, needs to be refurbished. We took the suite room (even if we were only two people) and I was disappointed to see cracks on the bathtub. The tiles of the bathroom also needs to be fixed up a bit because they looked old.

-There was also a stain on the headboard of our bed.

- No free wifi in the room. I understand that they make money out of this but the rates of the room aren't cheap (my suite room cost over 5,000php a night). A lot of the hotels around the area (that are much cheaper) offer free wifi to their guests. I wish they would do the same.

Still, overall, I would recommend Wyndham and may stay there in my next visit.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank croces
MicrotelBaguio, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay.We truly appreciate your excellent ratings you gave us on location,sleep quality,cleanliness and service,and for the above average grade of the overall.
The Pros you have mentioned are validations that we remain constant and committed to provide excellent service to our beloved customers and featuring our staff as pleasant,courteous,quick and being attentive to all guest's needs.Commending our TeQuiero Restaurant is music to our ears!
On the other side,your comments about our room/bathroom should should be addressed with much priority..Our maintenance and housekeeping people now scheduling a general inspection of all rooms for corrective measures-specially on wall cracks,tile repairs.Rest assured I will monitor this.
Wifi/internet access is given free in the hotel lobby but for the guest rooms,a minimal fee is imposed to sustain our internet provider service fee..How ever,we could be flexible sometimes.Had i known your concern earlier,I can do something about it.

Thank you again for making us proud to be considered and recommend Microtel-Baguio by Wyndham for your future visit..Please email me when you are about to do your reservations.

Happy New Year and my best personal regards.
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Efficient service, great beds, friendly staff. I like it that they provide water, coffee, and ice cubes for the guests. Breakfast buffet was alright. Location was perfect, very near good restaurants, Session Road, and the parks (walking distance from some usual tourist spots). Not so much view from the rooms though.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
MicrotelBaguio, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for appreciating our services and the hotel.Your nice review will give more inspiration to each and every employee of Microtel-Baguio.I am very sure your kind remarks will entice other future guest[s] to consider us to become their second home while in Baguio!.Experience as well our great beds!

Looking forward to your next stay.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed November 17, 2013

It was a breeze to personally reserved a room at this hotel one day before my trip to Baguio. At around 9:30 AM the following day while driving, I received a text from a staff asking for my ETA. The check-in time is at 2:00PM but they let me checked-in at 11:00AM with no hassle. The staffs are courteous and the room is impeccably clean. Bathroom is clean and towels are smelling fresh. At 2:00PM, whileI touring, I feel no hunger due to the sumptuous free breakfast at the "Te Quiero" restaurant. Though FREE, there was no skimping on the quality and quantity of their foods. I already texted my friends to stay at MICROTEL by Wyndham whenever they are in Baguio City. A great place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Direk M
MicrotelBaguio, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful rating on us!.Your appreciation with our way of service,our facilities,our courteous staff,our restaurant,our rooms making us so inspired and proud to continue our goal for excellent servicing.I am so happy to know that i have a happy guest now spreading the news that MICROTEL BAGUIO is a Great Place!

Thank you again,Looking forward to welcome you and your friends.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The hotel has a direct access to/from the victory liner station on the second floor. The room is clean, although I must say the bathroom grout needs to be re-grouted. The breakfast buffet is delicious and the variety is plentiful. The WIFI has a very weak signal, you are unable to access wifi from your rooms.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank pinaylady65
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review..We shall immediately address your observation about the bathroom grouting.And your concern regarding the wifi,we've already providing free wifi zone in our lobby while for the guest room an internet card with minimal charge is available at the front desk to access to the internet.

We will be happy to accomodate you again in your future stay.Thank you again and best regards.

Truly yours.