“Microtel”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio
Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Baguio
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Comfort & accessibility is what Microtel stands for. A budget hotel located in the center of the city, with connection to Victory Liner bus terminal is what makes it a property in demand.

A special mention to their Chef who prepared a pure veg cuisine for starving me.

We so liked the hotel that we did suggest it to our friends who made sure they stay there on their Baguio trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
MicrotelBaguio, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at Microtel Baguio.We are happy to know you like our hotel in terms of comfort,value,location and our services.,Our Chef will be glad knowing such good words from you.
We shall be looking forward to welcoming you and your friends on your next visit.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed at Wyndham Microtel during the holidays (December 28 to January 1) and it was a pleasant experience.

Here are the Pros:
- Excellent Customer Service.
We arrived really early (around 6am) and since it was the peak season, our room wasn't available. Check-in time was 2:00PM. We decided to go exploring and to our surprise, the front desk staff went out of her way to text us at 11:00AM to inform us our room was ready and that we can check in early.

Also, I forgot to indicate that I wanted a non-smoking room because of my asthma and allergies. They went out of our way to check me into a non-smoking room even if they were fully booked.

Lastly, after we checked out, we deliberately left some canned soda and a bottle of beer in the fridge. While having breakfast, we were surprised to see one of the staff rushing towards us carrying a plastic bag with the items we left. Apparently, they were looking for us even if we had already checked out just because they wanted to return the items.

- Location. Lots of good restaurants nearby and it is right beside the Victory Liner station. I was worried at first because some people informed me that it was going to be noisy since it was beside the bus station. Nope...it wasn't noisy at all.

- Housekeeping. Every day, our room was cleaned and toiletries and towels were replenished or replaced. It didn't matter if we left in the morning or in the afternoon.

- Bed. I know some people in this thread can't tell the difference but as I have spinal problems, the chiropractic beds were perfect. I didn't have back pains my entire stay; and for someone with my condition, this is rare.

- Fireworks display. We were going to go to the Manor to celebrate New Year's Eve but we got too lazy. No worries because Wyndham hired a band to play outside the hotel and held their own fireworks display. It was unexpected and it was a great surprise for their guests.

- Te Quiero. This is their in-house restaurant and it is surprisingly good. The free breakfast is perfectly adequate.

Cons:
- If it weren't for the great customer service, I would have ranked this hotel average because I felt our room and most importantly, the bathroom of our room, needs to be refurbished. We took the suite room (even if we were only two people) and I was disappointed to see cracks on the bathtub. The tiles of the bathroom also needs to be fixed up a bit because they looked old.

-There was also a stain on the headboard of our bed.

- No free wifi in the room. I understand that they make money out of this but the rates of the room aren't cheap (my suite room cost over 5,000php a night). A lot of the hotels around the area (that are much cheaper) offer free wifi to their guests. I wish they would do the same.

Still, overall, I would recommend Wyndham and may stay there in my next visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank croces
MicrotelBaguio, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay.We truly appreciate your excellent ratings you gave us on location,sleep quality,cleanliness and service,and for the above average grade of the overall.
The Pros you have mentioned are validations that we remain constant and committed to provide excellent service to our beloved customers and featuring our staff as pleasant,courteous,quick and being attentive to all guest's needs.Commending our TeQuiero Restaurant is music to our ears!
On the other side,your comments about our room/bathroom should should be addressed with much priority..Our maintenance and housekeeping people now scheduling a general inspection of all rooms for corrective measures-specially on wall cracks,tile repairs.Rest assured I will monitor this.
Wifi/internet access is given free in the hotel lobby but for the guest rooms,a minimal fee is imposed to sustain our internet provider service fee..How ever,we could be flexible sometimes.Had i known your concern earlier,I can do something about it.

Thank you again for making us proud to be considered and recommend Microtel-Baguio by Wyndham for your future visit..Please email me when you are about to do your reservations.

Happy New Year and my best personal regards.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Efficient service, great beds, friendly staff. I like it that they provide water, coffee, and ice cubes for the guests. Breakfast buffet was alright. Location was perfect, very near good restaurants, Session Road, and the parks (walking distance from some usual tourist spots). Not so much view from the rooms though.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
MicrotelBaguio, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for appreciating our services and the hotel.Your nice review will give more inspiration to each and every employee of Microtel-Baguio.I am very sure your kind remarks will entice other future guest[s] to consider us to become their second home while in Baguio!.Experience as well our great beds!

Looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

It was a breeze to personally reserved a room at this hotel one day before my trip to Baguio. At around 9:30 AM the following day while driving, I received a text from a staff asking for my ETA. The check-in time is at 2:00PM but they let me checked-in at 11:00AM with no hassle. The staffs are courteous and the room is impeccably clean. Bathroom is clean and towels are smelling fresh. At 2:00PM, whileI touring, I feel no hunger due to the sumptuous free breakfast at the "Te Quiero" restaurant. Though FREE, there was no skimping on the quality and quantity of their foods. I already texted my friends to stay at MICROTEL by Wyndham whenever they are in Baguio City. A great place.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Direk M
MicrotelBaguio, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful rating on us!.Your appreciation with our way of service,our facilities,our courteous staff,our restaurant,our rooms making us so inspired and proud to continue our goal for excellent servicing.I am so happy to know that i have a happy guest now spreading the news that MICROTEL BAGUIO is a Great Place!

Thank you again,Looking forward to welcome you and your friends.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

The hotel has a direct access to/from the victory liner station on the second floor. The room is clean, although I must say the bathroom grout needs to be re-grouted. The breakfast buffet is delicious and the variety is plentiful. The WIFI has a very weak signal, you are unable to access wifi from your rooms.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank pinaylady65

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review..We shall immediately address your observation about the bathroom grouting.And your concern regarding the wifi,we've already providing free wifi zone in our lobby while for the guest room an internet card with minimal charge is available at the front desk to access to the internet.

We will be happy to accomodate you again in your future stay.Thank you again and best regards.

Truly yours.

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Microtel Baguio from October 26-28, 2013 for my birthday celebration. It was my third time to stay there practically due to its location. The hotel is beside Victory Liner bus terminal. A pathway leading to the hotel can be used from there. I booked a double room for the duration of our stay. It has 2 big beds and can accommodate 2 adults and 2 kids below 12 years old. An extra person will be charged 750ph per night but has to share bed with his/her companions. Free buffet breakfast for 2 is included with the room rate. A water dispenser is provided in the hallway and the ice dispenser in the lobby. Unlimited coffee in the lobby can be availed of. You will be charged 100ph for 24 hour used if you want to have access to wifi connection. Staff were courteous and helpful during our entire stay. I even received a text message from one of the staff prior to our stay for confirmation of our booking. Guard on duty was so alert and would even call for a cab when needed. Breakfast is served from 6 to 10 am. A variety of food was served during our stay. However, you'll have to wait for awhile if the restaurant is fully occupied. You can reserve a table and just wait for a call in your room or stay in the lobby for a while. The room is spacious enough for us and cleanliness is maintained in the entire hotel. They put a new LCD tv in the room to replace the old one but it is still placed on top of the cabinet. But we had a good tv viewing from our beds. You can leave your bags in the hotel if you want to take the night trip so you'll still have time to go around Baguio. We had a great stay in Microtel Baguio. Keep it up Microtel Baguio!

• Stayed: October 2013
MicrotelBaguio, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

An affirmation of a happy guest posted for us here at Microtel Baguio!.We truly appreciated as it coming from a regular guest of the hotel.True to our commitments,we shall live up to the fullest satisfaction of one and every guest that will stay with us.We'll carry on and keeping our best hospitality,facilities and services.Thank you very much.

Please email us on your next visit.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

very affordable,clean,no frills,great service,nice room great bed ,quiet and cozy ,free breakfast was yummy ! bathrooms are have everything you need hot and cold bathtub etc. staffs are very friendly and accommodating. we'll definitely go back to microtel :)

Room Tip: rooms facing forest