Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio
Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Baguio
Reviewed September 3, 2013

What a delightful little hotel! Our initial reason for picking it was its location, being right smack next to Victory Liner. To our surprise, there were a lot more reasons that made us happy for selecting this property. Check-in was a breeze. Our two rooms were excellent - clean and comfortable! The complimentary breakfast was a treat in itself - good selection, very tasty and right temperature - hot food, cool drinks. But the best feature of the hotel is its staff! Pleasant and courteous, quick and always with a smile. After years away from the Philippines and Baguio, this stay at Microtel set the tone for a memorable trip to Baguio and Ilocandia! I have since recommended this hotel to my friends, if and when they travel back to Baguio. Hopefully, the standards remain constant and consistent. And if this particular property is an indication of Microtel's level of service, comfort and value, we would not hesitate staying at any Microtel facility in the future!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
MicrotelBaguio, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us your excellent ratings on cleanliness,location,rooms,service,sleep quality and value.Your great appreciation of our facilities,food services, pleasant and courteous staff makes our efforts very rewarding.With such kind of inspirations coming from you,we promise to continue our commitment in providing excellent service!
We hope to welcome you again in Microtel Baguio.

Thank you again and my best personal regards.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hotel is not spacious but it is located adjacent to Victory Liner and it's convenient if you travel to the city of Pines by bus. The hot and cold water dispenser with coffee is available 24 hours, free of charge. The canteen's location is also unique. Clean and friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for recent positive review of MicrotelBaguio's cleanliness,good location,rooms and friendly staff...We truly look forward to having you again.
See you here in your next trip!

My warmest personal regards.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is a hard hotel to rate. I'ld like to give this hotel a higher rating but I wasn't able to sleep for two nights because of the bed quality. It's too soft for me. I go around Baguio with a heavy bag for work and I look forward to sleep soundly at night but that didn't happen.

The rooms are okay, decent and clean. I like the fact that there is a water dispenser outside so you don't have to call room service for water. You can have coffee all day in the lobby and there is an ice machine. This is actually rare in hotels and great idea. The wifi though is not free but 100 pesos a day isn't that much. ( I don't understand hotel charging wifi, this should be part of the package. There are some hotels that do this)

The service is the best! The staffs are very efficient and they go out of their way to give you what you need. The location is great just next to the Victory Liner station. The restaurant serves decent food. I would stay here again because of these reasons, I just hope they improve the bed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Jepoyng
MicrotelBaguio, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.First of all,I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused by our bed.I must admit some guests were commenting same as you observed while others also commending the type of bed we have,as this is good for the back-chiropractor approved matresses.
Validating your concern,I will surely act on this,We will replace those 'too soft beds".
As for the wifi,the internet card is dedicated for use in case you want to access in the guest rooms.The said amount is for our maintenance fee to our internet service provider.
To date,we'd like to inform you that we have already a free wi-fi zone in the hotel lobby.

Appreciating your honest observation.Looking forward to your patronage and we shall continue doing our best service to our valued clients.

Our best regards.Thank you very much.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I choose this hotel simply because its just an adjacent to Victory Liner Terminal which is so good. We arrived at noontime and the reception is so warm and helpful...The check in was so fast and smooth. The room is big and simple with flat screen tv, comfortable and clean bed and pillows, the bath is so great, complete with its own set of toiletries, bidet in cr and have individual tank for hot water...the buffet breakfast is sumptuous and good but dont expect a wide variety...the staff are great, they always have a smile on each guests. The unlimited coffee is soooo GREAT...available 24/7...Its near anywhere just a short walk to SM and Cathedral, a few minutes ride to the market and anywhere...Dont have to expect more because the staff including the guard hospitality is the truly the Baguio's Charm

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank silvertag2001

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review!
In behalf of my team,We wish to extend our heartfelt appreciation for the kind words you have given to my hardworking staff.
ITrue to our commitment of providing excellent service,We are confident that Microtel-Baguio will become more trusted by many travelers like You.

Hope to welcome you again to Baguio's charm-Microtel by Wyndam!

Warm regards.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My family and I stayed in Microtel. The location is good as it is near the destinations and it is connected to Victory Liner. So for commuters, you wouldn't have a problem with the location. You can easily get a cab from the hotel and would be able to bring you to places around baguio already. The people from the hotel are approachable. But it took us around 30 minutes or so to check in. I don't know why but it seems that the receptionists are new. She almost gave a different room to us. She mentioned a different name while giving the key to my husband. The toilet bowl was stained. Maybe because it was not used often. But other than that, the room was comfortable. The buffet breakfast was delicious. For the internet connection, I brought my broadband with me to be able to access the internet. Somehow, the signal was good but you won't be able to use it inside the hotel. One of the employees told us that their internet provider was blocking it. So we decided to purchase their wifi for 24 hours. It was cheap for 100 pesos but it does not connect you to their wifi. I had to make several calls to their front desk to help me access their wifi. Somehow, it automatically logs you out. This was kind of disappointing. Their room service is good. They attend to your needs immediately. Overall, I would rate it as 3.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank rbdiana
MicrotelBaguio, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us.We truly appreciate your good words and rating for us.However,there were lapses in our service that we should look into and make corrective measures...In reply to your comments;the Front desk staff that attended to you was our "on the job trainee",my apologies as this should not be the case,our Front Desk Supervisor was reprimanded regarding this..The stained toilet bowl was immediately replaced,and it was so unfortunate that the wi-fi connection had a technical problem during the time you intend to use your broadband.I called on our internet service provider to rectify.
Please accept our apology for those shortcomings.Kindly let me know should you consider to stay again at Microtel-Baguio.
Thank you again and our warmest regards.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Go to Baguio from Cubao, Manila by coach executive bus, we need to pay P715, included snack on the way about 5 hours. We will arrived at the station beside Microtel Inn ( 3* hotel ), comfort & quiet. In the cool weather ( around 9-16 degree Celcius ), very nice hotel for rest & relax.
Just step up from the last station as we arrived, not spend money, then the other day we can go surround Baguio City, the fruits & vegetables very fresh, there is SM & don't forget to buy Ur souvenirs inside The SM ( in Kultura store ).
U can go to the traditional restaurant SOLIBAO, where U can taste the delicious food from Baguio City. Then go to Cathedral & Pink Sisters, where U will see the different from other city in the Philippines....Enjoy Ur trip....

Room Tip: The nicest hotel without spend so much money from the bus station.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank mariamarsianad

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being part your nice journey in Baguio.
Looking forward to your next pleasant stay with us.

In behalf of the Management and staff..We extend our best regards!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I work for hotels, nine properties currently to be exact so I know a well-run hotel when I see one. Staff are very courteous and friendly; rooms and facilities are clean; location is excellent; included breakfast buffet is awesome; and rates are very affordable. Granted I got Wyndham employee discount for the rooms I had, their regular rates are still very competitive given the quality of the accommodation. No wonder this is the recipient of Baguio's 2012 Hotel of the Year award.

I am now based in Florida but this will be my default choice of hotel whenever I get to visit this place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
MicrotelBaguio, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

We were elated upon learning this wonderful review.5 star grade!,This is one of the best Trip Advisor reviews we've seen as it comes from a hotelier like you.
Rest assured,in behalf of my team,we will continue live up to our commiment in giving our excellent service to our beloved guests.

Looking forward to be of sevice to you and your family in the future.

Thank you so much and my best personal regards.