Microtel by Wyndham Baguio
Hotel Veniz(Baguio)
$58
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewste quierovictory linerice machinebus terminalfree coffeewater dispensersm mallsuite roombreakfast buffetsession roadwalking distancepleasant staystrategic locationthe security guardegg stationchoose this hotelhotel lobby
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I first chose this hotel for out Baguio trip since it seemed like a good anchor point to get to different places in the city -- far enough from the city proper not to get disturbed when you're sleeping but close enough to get to a lot of attractions on foot.

Check-in and check-out was a breeze probably because we arrived an hour after the start of check-in and we checked out 2 hours before the official check-out time.

- The lobby -
You can lounge around in the lobby and read the newspapers. Free coffee (Nescafe) is available with muscovado, white sugar, and creamer in the bowls. There's also an ice machine at the lobby level and water dispensers at each floor opposite the lift.

- The rooms -
We booked 2 single rooms for our trip. All single rooms are facing the street but there isn't really a enough traffic along the road to make this inconvenient. Only the double and suite rooms face the mountain, so if you want a room facing in that direction, book those and specifically state that you want the mountain view.

The window of the room doesn't open, but I'm guessing that this was done on purpose to control the temperature in the room. Not a big deal for us, just throwing this in an as FYI.

A glass pitcher and ice bucket are in the room as well which you can fill from their respective dispensers.

The rooms have a hot/cold shower and a toilet with a bidet. One of the things that I appreciated was that the bathroom is equipped with a hairdryer. Much needed if you don't want to end up with a cold. Aside from the usual available towels, the room comes with 2 toilet rolls, shampoo, and 2 small bars of soap. You can request for other stuff from the front desk free of charge (comb, slippers, razor, dental kit, shampoo, and shower cap) in case you forgot to bring these with you.

- Breakfast -
Breakfast is from 6:30am to 10:00am at Te Quiero. Pajamas are not allowed, so make sure to change before going. The usual breakfast buffet fare is usually composed of 3 kinds of salads, soup, 2 kinds of rice, 3 viands (fish, chicken, and a meat dish), cereal (chocolate and regular corn flakes) with fresh milk, assorted breads with butter, strawberry jam, and peanut butter, and fresh fruits. There's also an egg station where you can have eggs cooked while you wait.

- The staff -
The hotel's staff were very knowledgeable when we asked about how to get to the sights in Baguio. They even helped us sort out an issue with the number coding scheme (number coding scheme is implemented in the Baguio CBD, 7am to 7pm).

----------

Overall, a great hotel, great staff, and a great Baguio stay. Definitely recommended, especially if you're commuting via Victory Liner.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors, furthest away from the Victory Liner terminal are recommended if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank nekolove
MicrotelBaguio, General Manager at Microtel by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your glowing remarks of our hotel and staff. We are happy to be part of your memorable Baguio vacation. We look forward to serving you again and better.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We looked at a couple of other hotels at the 2800-3800 peso price range before settling for a 30-sqm double room in Microtel for 3300 pesos - inclusive of buffet breakfast for 2 (plus our 3 y.o. daughter).

Here are other things I'm raving about:
- No fuss about early check in...and we weren't just 2-3 hours early. Microtel allowed us to check-in at 5:30AM without extra charge and offered us buffet breakfast for the day. The two other hotels we looked at have early check-in too (free for walk-ins), but they won't let you into your room until 6AM.
- The double room is spacious. The more expensive hotel we looked at offered a 19-sqm double room at 3800 pesos, with one queen bed. At Microtel, we got 2 queen beds in a 30-sqm room.
- Buffet was very good considering the room rate. We had breakfast there for 3 consecutive days and the selection was different every day and pretty much complete - soup and salad, cereal, rice (steamed and fried), at least 3 viands, bread and spread station, egg station, fresh fruits, juices, coffee and tea.
- The beds are very comfortable and so were the six pillows that come with a double room.
- Service was superb and consistent. From the security guards to the receptionists and housekeepers, you will feel that they want you to enjoy your stay. The guard at the front was very quick to sense and offer what we need or would make things easier for us - he was quick to offer to take our pictures, hail us a cab, and when the cab driver didn't know the way to BenCab museum, immediately went to get us a map and highlighted the route we were supposed to take. Even after checkout, we endorsed our luggage to the receptionist since our bus ride wasn't until the afternoon. Apart from taking our luggage, the receptionist offered to refrigerate the strawberries we picked the day before and put them in a more presentable plastic bag.

Location may either be a pro or con depending on the guest. I liked that it is sort of a half-way point to destinations in our itinerary. It is just beside the new Victory Liner Bus Terminal so it is convenient and it is easy to get a cab no matter what the time of day or night. Yeah, there was a little bit of noise at night, bearable and almost negligible, I would say, especially if coming from a day of adventure around the city.

Things I'd improve on...
- Cable reception wasn't very good. It didn't bother us much because we hardly watched any TV, but would have made our viewing experience while relaxing our tired feet better.
- uhmmm...well, I guess I just had one thing to improve in mind.

Had a great time overall and would definitely stay there again on our next trip, hopefully soon.

Room Tip: We asked for the room on the third floor to avoid noise from the Lobby level.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Wanderlust_1931

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback. Your comments are duly noted. We will improve on our facilities and will definitely continue to offer you, our valued guests, quality service. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Checked-in here last weekend with my officemates and I enjoyed my stay so far. Ideally located just right at the back of Victory Liner Station and 10 minutes walk from SM Baguio.

I appreciate the staff who's very friendly, courteous, helpful, accommodating and efficient.

The compact rooms are functional, designed to fit a lot into a small space. The bed is comfortable and fluffy (haha). The comfort room is spacious. The ambiance outside the hotel is so cozy.

A good on-site restaurant called 'Te Quiero' has a daily breakfast buffet which I really loved. Overall, it was a pleasant experience. Will definitely recommend Microtel to everyone! :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank salingkatkat

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. Please do visit us again soon. Our friendly staff will always be happy to serve you.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

About 5-10 minutes walk to SM Baguio. There is also a 7-11 right around the corner. Breakfast was awesome! They had different choices everyday. Room wasn't bad. It was the right size for my husband and I. Make sure you shake off the sheets first before sleeping cause I woke up with bug bites all over my body. We didn't complain about it because my husband didn't get any bites, so we just assumed I got it from somewhere else. If you have a sensitive nose, you might want to reconsider staying here because the room smelled like fumes. I'm guessing because it is located right beside a bus station. My husband said he didn't smell it, but my husband also works with Diesel engines... He's used to that smell.. To sum it all up, it wasn't a bad stay, but we will probably try another hotel when we visit again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Our apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced with us. Rest assured that we will be more vigilant in keeping our facilities, service, and food the best they can be for our valued guests. Please do visit us again soon. Thank you.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

The general manager was very helpful and personally coordinated with us for our booking. Their beds are just so heavenly to sleep at, I almost ran out of time to go around Baguio since I was sleeping most times! Free coffee, great theme look and with kind and courteous staff. Food was also nice. Honestly, the only bummer was that the wi-fi area was only at the lobby and I had to pay for it and it was not cheap, but aside from that, me and my family had a great stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank audiowitch
MicrotelBaguio, General Manager at Microtel by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

It's our great pride to extend our utmost service..I'm glad to know you enjoyed our bed-chiropractor approved mattress and your stay with us was great.
Me and my staff are looking forward for your next visit.

Respectfully Yours.