“TRIP TO BAGUIO W/ FAM”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio
Ranked #1 of 50 Hotels in Baguio
Reviewed December 9, 2011

My first stay in hotel with family. I'm glad we have nice experience here.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank pazi75
microtelbaguio, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent comment in TripAdvisor with regards to your stay with us in Baguio City last May. It is nice to know that you a positive experience staying in Microtel. We do hope to see you again in your future visits.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

I checked in at Microtel Baguio last July for a night's stay. The hotel is just a few meters away from the Victory Liner Terminal and is at the quiet side of the city but not far from downtown. I was glad that they allowed early check in ( 7:00 AM). Check in was no hassle and their staff were courteous and helpful all the way. The room was classy though a bit outdated and needs changing. Bed was comfy and I did had a nice sleep. The bathroom was clean and bright with more than sufficient amenities. I love their breakfast though I'd suggest more food choices. Their all day flowing coffee and drinking water is definitely a plus!
I'd also suggest that they put up a small shop inside were I can buy snacks and souveneirs. I look forward to stay at Microtel Baguio again. Highly recommended and worth the price.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vinox
microtelbaguio, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment in TripAdvisor with regards to your stay in Microtel Baguio. It is nice to know that you had a very pleasant stay with us in Baguio City. We are happy to inform you that our new restaurant, Te Quiero Tapas Bar and Restaurant was recently opened. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

I stayed here last June 2011 and it is my first time to go to Baguio alone. Rode the Victory Liner deluxe bus and walked my way to Microtel. The staff were friendly and responsive. I arrived very early in the morning and they arranged everything for me. I was able to check-in early with no additional cost/s. The room is big enough for one and would have wanted if I had company. The only thing I didn't like was the water heater. Hot water only last/s for a couple of minutes, then the rest is cold. The breakfast was simple but tasty. I would definitely come back here with friends or family.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Yan A
microtelbaguio, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment in TripAdvisor with regards to your stay in Microtel Baguio. It is nice to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and appreciate our linkage with Victory Liner. We are happy to inform you that we have started replacing our old water heaters to new bigger units. With this, we look forward to providing a longer supply of hot water. We look forward to welcoming you, your family and friends back in Baguio City.

Reviewed November 6, 2011

Definitely not the cheapest but I would say the most accessible especially for those taking Victory Liner from Manila. Going around is not a problem, Baguio City taxi drivers are honest (I never had any negative experience during my stay) and the hotel location is near to almost everything we wanted to go to. Hotel room was clean, bed comfortable, bathroom is clean. Breakfast was so-so. What I love the most was the fact that they have unlimited coffee in the lobby, we liked hanging out in the lobby in between trips around the city plus the fact that you can leave your luggage after you have checked out should you like to go around the city before you leave.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank luckygirl_apple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment in TripAdvisor with regards to your stay in Microtel Baguio. It is nice to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would like to inform you that we just opened our new restaurant last November 19, 2011. It is Te Quiero Tapas Bar and Restaurant. With the new restaurant, we look forward to providing a better dining experience to our guests.

Reviewed October 7, 2011

This used to be a really nice hotel that has backdoor connected to a walkway to Victory Bus Terminal. That door is now locked and you have to ring the bell and wait someone hears you and send the guard to unlock the door and let you in. The rooms are badly in need of upgrading so with the towels and beddings. Breakfast is basic but filling. You pay more than what you get.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back of the hotel are quieter. Avoid the rooms on the lower level.
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank JEmmanuelLasPinas
microtelbaguio, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments in TripAdvisor regarding your stay in Microtel Baguio. We would like to inform you that the access door from the hotel to the Victory Liner bus terminal has always been close for the security of our guests. Once we are alerted that someone would like to gain access, our security personnel will open the door in a very timely manner. The hotel also had a major facelift last year. All our rooms were totally repainted to give a fresh look. All bathroom fixtures were also replaced and re-tiled. The hotel corridors and lobby were also repainted to make sure that hotel is fresh and updated. The hotel also has a program in terms of our replacements of towels and linens.

By the end of October, the hotel will also open its own restaurant. This is to provide a better dining experience to our valued guests. The hotel is also scheduled for repainting of its exterior wall and roofing. With these programs we are confident that we doing our share in making the property clean, fresh and in good condition.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

Stayed here while on transit to Sagada, the hotel has a homely feel especially when you get to their lobby, Breakfast was OK but not really that great, you might get a better breakfast elsewhere. Very good location near the Victory Bus station which means that after a long and tiring 6 hour trip from manila, you just need to walk a few more meters to find rest.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thefilipinobulldog
microtelbaguio, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2011

Dear Guest
Thank you for you comment in Trip Advisor with regards your recent stay in the hotel. It is nice to know that your enjoyed your stay with us. We are happy to inform you that we will have a new restaurant come this October. We are doing this to provide a better dining experinece to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back in Baguio City!

Reviewed September 1, 2011

I stayed before in Microtel Tarlac and Mall of Asia so this time around, when I went to Baguio for a business meeting, I stayed at Microtel Baguio to see if it has the same consistent service the Microtel hotel chain is known for. I booked through the Internet two weeks before my trip and found no hassle at all. Their rates are surprisingly competitive with the other hotels in the area.

I was able to check in early since our room was already available. The room was pleasantly consistent with all the other Microtel hotels I stayed with. And what I like most about them is their comfortable beds and pillows.

The hotel has ample parking and is also right beside the Victory bus terminal in case one decided to commute. Its also walking distance to SM Baguio if you don't mind a little exercise. Breakfast was also free and they have the same amenities like coffee and tea at the lobby.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay here and they really are consistently good wherever you go and this has cemented my decision to always look always for Microtel whenever I travel for business.

Room Tip: Book on the Internet!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business