“bohemian cafe baguio city”
Review of Cafe Bohemian

Cafe Bohemian
Ranked #164 of 346 Restaurants in Baguio
Cuisines: Korean
Ontario, California
“bohemian cafe baguio city”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

nice place specially there cocktail very nice the layered cocktail that is my first time to see cocktail like that...and there stuff is very kind and friendly there are all happy also the guard name erick he good...and i like mr. bartender felix i like your cocktail can you teach me how to make that when im come back again...and to mr. jhun its better you sing hehehe nice song STOCK ON YOU...:)

• Visited February 2013

• Korean first
Bangkok, Thailand
“Food and Customer Service: ZERO STARS”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The music, ambiance, and drinks are definitely nice. But when we went there we were served with RAW/INCOMPLETELY COOKED chicken lollipops. The whole meal had eight pieces. When we've eaten four pieces, we noticed that the chicken is still raw. So we asked the waiter to check on it. He brought it to the kitchen again. Some ten minutes later, he walked back with the same plate but with the chicken "BROWNIER" in color, giving the idea that it had been cooked again. But guess what? It's still raw!

We thought that this was so because (1) The meat was not thawed properly, (2) The fire was too strong that it cooks the outer part of the chicken (i.e., skin) but not the meat, (3) There was mishandling/rushing in the kitchen to get the food done.

We called on the manager and he went to our table. I told him the story but when he heard my complaints about the raw chicken, he gave me a doubtful look, held the plate close to his face, turned it around as if checking if it was really raw or cooked, and placed it back. As if doubting my intent for complaining, I asked: "I want you to explain how this came to be. We had it cooked back but when it was sent again to our table, it's as if you're staffs are insulting us for serving us the same thing, just brown-er in color."

While we were expecting the manager to at least say "SIR, I'M SORRY ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED BUT I WILL LOOK INTO THIS IMMEDIATELY" kind of spill, he said: "OK. IF YOU HAVE COMPLAINTS AGAINST THIS DON'T PAY FOR THIS ANYMORE." I became furious! All we wanted was a sense of apology and explanation as to how the meal turned out to be that way. So I castigated his arrogance and told him he was acting as if my complaints were invalid and just so I would stop he'll take it off from the bill. So I dared him to eat the chicken in front of me and tell me if it's cooked or not. He declined. Because he knows that it's really raw.

I got the bill but I told him NOT to take the chicken lollipop away. But boy I am NEVER EVER going to go back to that place again. I frequent Baguio because we have a house there but never in my life will I ever bring anybody or any of my friends to dine there anymore as long as that manager (guy, a bit stocky, tattooed) is around. He is the very epitome of how a manager should NOT be like.

And as if adding insult to the injury, when my friend went up to use the toilet (it's on the second floor, where the kitchen also is), she saw the kitchen staff tasting the food before it is served to the customers! How disgusting.

CAFE BOHEMIAN has a very big problem with how they handle the food. But topping the list of the dislikeable things in this cafe is the way the management treats customers like they (the customers) do not form any part of their paychecks.

NO WONDER why the guests in this cafe are mostly tourists. It's because the locals know it isn't the nicest place to spend your money on.

But hey, if you want to push your luck then go ahead. :)

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank k1mboy
Weissenburg in Bayern, Germany
“One of the few nice cafes in Baguio”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Relaxed place in the afternoon, nice live music in the evening. Friendly and quick service. Sitting here the whole day already. Top!

• Visited November 2012
Manila, Philippines
“great ambiance”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

great food,menu and ambiance. Affordable food and a mix of international cuisine from Filipino to Korean and italian dishes

• Visited July 2012
Taiwan
“Latest Yuppies Hangout in Town”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

If you're looking for a place with lots of music and a nicely priced food, drinks and appetizers in the evening , then cafe bohemian would be a nice place to visit. They also have a nice set of breakfast served with coffee. I tried their samgyupsal (a Korean dish) and the taste and way it was prepared was just great. The only thing that needs improvement with this establishment is the ventilation specially on the second floor.

• Visited February 2012