“Authentic Thai food”

Cuisines: Filipino, Seafood, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Nice ambiance. Very very good Thai food. When in Baguio try eating at Happy Tummy it's located along Romulo drive within the Ketcup community. Corkage is free and the owner is very friendly. Try their fried tilapia and Tom yum soup. I will definitely go back to eat here again.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I dined in this restaurant because it was featured in a television show and the host enjoyed the food served. The ambiance is good and I hope the service would be the same. If it wasn't for the deep fried tilapia fillet in tamarind sauce I would say that getting there is a waste of gas and time because it is a 10-minute drive from downtown Baguio. The restaurant is so undermanned that asking for an extra cup of rice took more than 10 minutes. The Pad Thai is supposed to be stir fried but their version is so watery so I would not recommend it but the lechon kawali is very good.

It is located inside the Ketchup Food Community compound together with a few other restaurants so what's good about it is that you can go to other restaurants if you are not satisfied with one.

1  Thank kegler747
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I went back to Ketchup Community last Sunday, again with my wife and daughter. As I have written in my earlier review, I said that I would give Happy Tummy another chance. Sadly, all I can say is that I will NEVER, EVER, recommend this place to anyone as the service really is incompetent. I actually wanted to order here first because of my previous experience with them. I went to the place and there are no waiters. I went to the cashier and the old lady asked me where we were seated, I told her that we are at Rancho Norte, she said whe would send someone to take the order. I was already suspicious since they already left a bad taste in my mouth in my last experience with them. Not to my surprise, no waiter came to take our order. This is unforgivable. We ordered from Rancho Norte as I had a craving for the pinakbet with bagnet. I also ordered the sinigang na hipon so that my daughter can enjoy it. I also ordered from Rumah Satei. I ordered three different kinds of satay which are good enough. I promised myself that I cannot let this experience go without writing this review about Happy Tummy. Canto was closed for renovations so we didn't get a chance to eat the lip smacking goodness of their famous lomo ribs.

3  Thank Dixon T
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I have dined here twice both with business clients. The restaurant setting is al fresco, sadly few flies will bother you while you eat. I don't know how the owners can control the flies since the location is in front of Wright 'horse riding' park. They should at least cover the dining area with something.
We ordered Tilapia with tamarind sauce, Tom Yam soup, Diced chicken with peas. The food arrived late, took about 40 minutes before we got served. The Tilapia was fresh but the tamarind sauce did not go well with the fish. The Tom Yum soup was a bit sweet, I believe too much coconut milk was used and sweetened the soup. The vegetable dish was okay, nothing special about its taste.
Overall, this restaurant is becoming popular mainly because of their reasonably priced dishes. But having to deal with their slow service and flies, I would rather eat somewhere and pay more. I hope few more Thai restaurants will open in Baguio.

2  Thank MikeCarmona
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Last Sunday was the culmination of the long weekend. My wife, daughter and I tried the restaurant collective called Ketchup Community. The restaurants here are Happy Tummy, Rancho Norte, Green Pepper, Canto and Rumah Satei. The only place I didn't order from was Green Pepper. I ordered the full slab of ribs at Canto where we were based. I also ordered the laksa from Rumah Satei and pinakbet with bagnet at Rancho Norte. I ordered the crab meat fried rice from Happy Tummy. This is where it goes downhill. First to arrive was the laksa which I found good enough but I cannot compare them with ones found in Malaysia. Plus points for the big piece of shrimp in the laksa and the price was affordable at 120 pesos. Almost simultaneous in arriving was the pinakbet and the ribs. The only thing missing was the Thai fried rice. I followed up the order with Happy Tummy and they said that it was coming. After 15 minutes of waiting and fearing that the other viands would get cold, I followed up again and the waiter said it was going to be next. Patiently waiting for the order, I observed the food items coming from the Happy Tummy kitchen, when I saw the fried rice come out, I was thinking, FINALLY! But the order went to another table and that was the last straw. I went to the owner of the place and cancelled the order altogether. I was really disappointed because one restaurant ruined the entire experience. I have to concede though that most of the diners at Happy Tummy seemed happy. I just could not understand how the management of Happy Tummy could not be prepared for an anticipated deluge of diners since it was a long weekend. Anger aside, I would still give this place a try. I enjoyed the ribs from Canto and I can say I will definitely recommend that the place is the best for ribs. Its really that lip smacking good! The pinakbet was also awesome. My wife said that and coming from a woman who cooks a mean pinakbet, that is a very big compliment.

3  Thank Dixon T