“Lost for words”

Ranked #1 of 63 Specialty Lodging in Baguio
Quezon City, Philippines
“Lost for words”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Had an overnight stay here last January 1, 2014 and I could honestly say that this is the best hotel that I have been to!

After our 3d2n stay at El Cielito Inn, we were lucky enough to book a Deluxe Queen room for an overnight stay. I love everything about Le Monet!! From the exterior to the interior design, the spacious rooms, the very comfortable bed and pillows and yes, the bathroom. Their toilet bowls have warmers and everything is push-button operated, and there's a tv inside the bathroom! The only con I can think about this hotel is the location. It's convenient if you have your own vehicle, but going out of the area by taxi might be a bit hard since it is inside Camp John Hay.

Breakfast was also divine! I had the luxury of requesting for eggs benedict (I had 2 orders), and it was heavenly! The sight of unlimited bacon was also one of the highlights of our stay there.

I will definitely go back to this hotel, and hopefully I can already bring my parents next time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Luka1113

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Valenzuela, Philippines
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I stayed in the manor during November of 2012 so you can say that I can be a bit spoiled when it comes to hotels in Baguio. I wasn't really expecting much from le monet but boy! Was I surprised at how great my experience was!

The hotel is located in camp john hay(one of the untouched places in baguio). We decided to book in le monet because the manor was already fully booked. We prefer staying in camp john hay because we wanna avoid the crowd, pollution, and noise in the city. We go to Baguio to enjoy the weather and be closer to nature. Camp John Hay is one of the few places remaining in Baguio where we can do that.

Our room has 2 beds that can accommodate a total of 4 individuals. It has one cable TV set. It also has free wifi. Browsing is ok but the wifi can be spotty at times, I can easily lose my wifi signal just by moving around. It's not much of a problem though because 3g coverage for both globe telecom and smart communications are good. I just use my pocket wifi for my internet needs. The room is very clean and has a minimalist and modern design which I absolutely liked. There is a small balcony where you can enjoy the view(we booked the forest view room). The bathroom is also clean with adequate amenities. It even has a small TV set so that you can watch while doing your thing.

There are 2 things that made me fall in love with this hotel. One is the free buffet breakfast and the other one is the indoor hot pool.

The free breakfast offers a wide selection. There's classic Filipino cuisine and some western ones. I absolutely loved the tapa and tocino! The breakfast buffet alone is worth the price.

The hotel has an indoor hot pool which is perfect for the cold weather. There are times when the heater is not working properly though because according to the staff we spoke with, it's solar powered so during overcast days, the heater won't work.

They offer a tour of camp john hay for people who wanna learn about the different areas of the camp.

If you don't like the menu in the restaurant, you can eat outside the hotel. We loved the burger restaurant outside(forgot the name).

You can walk to the mile hi if you wanna do some some shopping. It's a bit of an exercise because the road is hilly but with the weather and the surroundings it's totally worth it.

The price is steep so be ready to shell out quite a bit of cash. It's cheaper than the manor but definitely more expensive that other hotels in baguio. If you have the money, I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Get the forest view rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Oscar A
Rosario, Philippines
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My family decided to spend one of the coldest Philippine Christmases in recent history in Baguio City, at the last minute, and Le Monet answered the call when we needed it the most. It was my first time to go to Baguio, and I must say that the experience had been very pleasant -- had we stayed in a different hotel, I would like to believe that the experience would have been diminished. We stayed for two nights, sleeping in two different rooms; the first night had two queen-sized beds, while the second only had one. Because we are a family of four, my father and I had to sleep on the floor.

The staff were very accommodating; they provided many useful information to improve our itinerary and even a cushion for the second night when we slept on the floor. The rooms didn't need an A/C because it was cold enough outside, and they were properly ventilated. The comfort rooms and bedrooms were maintained very well and were neatly organized. The shower was particularly hard to get the temperature right, but when you do it's worth it. The whole aesthetic of the place was very pleasing. They even have a driver's quarters in the basement, near the gym.

There was a Christmas Mass held at the function room on Christmas Eve. They also had a tiny Christmas Village out at front and simulated snow by making use of bubbles, to the delight of the children. Surprisingly, there was also a bonfire at the back, with a buffet of finger food that can be roasted in the open flame and an outdoor cinema.

The most enjoyable aspect of the hotel was its complimentary buffet breakfast. There were tons of delicacies to choose from, and were routinely maintained whenever supply runs low. Even outside customers make their way to the buffet to sample the treats that were displayed.

An overall excellent experience, especially during the Christmas season.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jedau
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Rooms were nice and buffet breakfast has plenty of options. Location is quiet and away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Will definitely recommend it to family and friends who will be visiting Baguio.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Maria Elinor Gr... S
Metro manila
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Spent 2 nights recently at Le Monet and was very pleased with the overall experience. Staff are really courteous, hotel is well kept and rather new, rooms are very clean and with complete amenities.

The environment is nice and set amid pine trees, it is generally quiet.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hlaumond
Zug, Switzerland
Reviewed February 24, 2014

After a disappointing experience with the first hotel we booked in Bagiuo, we then checked out the next day, and moved to Le Monet. We got a very good clean executive suite that made the rest of our stay in Bagiuo a brilliant experience all together.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are relatively quieter than the ones facing the main road...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ronald C
Makati City
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

It was January when my friends and I decided to book and stay in le monet hotel located Baguio City. The Hotel is located in the vicinity in Camp John Hay. We arrived past midnight and the coldness of Baguio is 10 degrees.

The hotel staff is very friendly and accomodating. The hotel was fully booked and good thing we have an early reservation.

The room was clean and will make you feel homy with european style of interior. Good thing they have a veranda where you can access whst is hsppening outside of the hotel where you can see and smell the pine trees.

The best area in the room is their comfort room (wash room) where guest has their own television.

Another must try in their room is their comlimentary body soap and lotion. I am not a fan of those but the items are woth to keep. It really smells good and I think it is purely non acid soap. Trust me, you need to get one.

The breakfast was really good and they have a gym.

For the price, I think its not thst pricey if you are in a group, but if you are a couple, hmmm you ned to shell out at least 5ooo for the stay but really worth it. ( you can have at least two persons in one bed, we have two bedsbin one room and I think it is okay to have four persons in one room)

I reslly recommend the hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends