“A Modern hotel in Baguio”
Review of Le Monet Hotel

Le Monet Hotel
Ranked #1 of 72 Specialty Lodging in Baguio
Reviewed November 20, 2013

An Alternative to Camp John Hay the Manor. Room is excellent. Hotel is impressive. Breakfast buffet needs more variety. During our weekend stay there were only few difference in the breakfast menu. Bathroom is fancy. :) There's a television and Japanese-tech toilet! Staff were nice always greeting & smiling. service is okay. The perfect place go to unwind and get total relaxation.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Le Monet Hotel

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I've been staying in this hotel since last year (for business) everything's been great. Stayed again this october, same hotel, same room, same amenities, same great breakfast, but it seems that the management and staff have found the right formula and the place is now humming along like a well tuned swiss watch. Keep it up!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank flipavocat
Reviewed November 6, 2013

It was almost surprising to find this high level of standard in Philippines. Everything is new, modern, clean and perfect. Staff is very friendly and attentive. Let us store our bags for one day at he hotel while we went trekking mt. Pulag.

Unfortunately there are two things that make it not nearly perfect:

- The walls and doors at the hotel are very thin. You can hear people in next room talking or their TV sound. When their phone rings you may even mistake it for phone in your room.

- The internet suffers from a bad case of “Hotel login”. You can log in from your phone, but as soon as you lock/unlock your phone screen you have to go through all the login procedure again! Also if you leave your room your internet login will be reset, even if you log in on your laptop. Workaround is to get 2nd room key and leave it in at all times, so you don’t turn off electricity in the room. This way your laptop can stay logged in. But still that’s not a solution for mobile devices. Unfortunately hotel’s internet is useless for mobiles.

Tip: the food at “filling station” near hotel is terrible. Walk left towards Conference Centre and you will find some excellent restaurants.

Room Tip: Get a corner or top floor room, facing park
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roman R
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I used to be a big fan of CJH Manor, until Le Monet opened last year! Everything in this hotel is excellent! Location, rooms, and most especially, the SERVICE!!! Our first stay here was halloween last year, and decided 2012 family Christmas would be great, AND IT WAS! Came back for Panagbenga, and was just as great! Now, here again for a long weekend, and heated pool is already operational, what more can i ask for! Special thanks to Ms. TONY who never fails to impress me with her guest services skills and to Mr NATHAN for making sure guests needs in the resto are always met! Great job, LE MONET!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Several of my peers from my company stayed at another hotel previously. I walked by LeMonet on my way to my office and thought the hotel might meet my needs better. So, I checked out of the other hotel and found the following advantages over the other hotel: Larger Room, Less Expensive Rate, More Modern Style, Smaller Number of total rooms and a closer walk to my office. The Staff at LeMonet has always been friendly and very accommodating of my needs. It's been a while since I stayed at LeMonet, but I will staying there again next week. For me, there is simply no better option to stay in Baguio other than LeMonet.

Room Tip: I prefer a room on the "Street" Side because I prefer to see people walking and driving by...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2013

ROOM:
We had a deluxe room and it’s so roomy. We even had a complimentary cheese platter as a welcome and it was a great first moment of truth!

There was a lot of space to move around and while it was so rainy when we went to Baguio, staying indoors was perfect. The forest view was amazing, pine trees right outside my window and great mountainous view.

I LOVE the bathroom, heated toilet seat and automatic wash – heating the buns and keeping the hands clean!

Of course it’s in Camp John Hay so it’s a great place to just stroll around and visit the sights within John hay.

FOOD:
Breakfast buffet was great. My husband and I always looked forward to “Breakfast tomorrow!” over the weekends. It wasn’t a grand selection but all part of the buffet was of quality. I love their tea selection, the biscuits, the local food selection, a looooot of bacon!, and the wide selection of breads – I can go on and on.

It was really great, and what makes it greater is the view outside – pine trees and the Le Monet garden 

SERVICE:
Okay, world class, perfect, 5 stars, awesome, great and all other wonderful words for the Le Monet staff. From the reservation to check-out, everything was more than perfect. I was greeted by the staff one morning with a birthday song and yummy cake – it had me smiling the whole day! 

And when I think about it, what sets the Le Monet staff apart from the rest is their actual people. You can follow the rule book from page one to the end, but you can still just be an ok hotel staff. You have to like it, to be great at it and the Le Monet staff look like they like it. You can see that they are just happy making their guests happy and comfortable, I get smiles and greetings from everyone, and everyone was greeting me happy birthday the whole weekend addressing me by my name that in a way, Le Monet felt like home. When I watch the Le Monet staff, I get that feeling that they enjoy what they are doing, that they are a happy bunch of people who are in jobs that they like... things like that cannot be learned, you either like it or not and it would show, and the Le Monet staff love their jobs, and it shows.

OVERALL:
Baguio has always been my second home having studied here back in college. I’ve been here countless times after graduation, and this last time made the trip so much sweeter. Le Monet confirmed to me why I loved Baguio – I love the weather, the food, the culture that is uniquely Baguio, the overall experience and of course, the people of Baguio.

Room Tip: Request for a Forest view if available, the other side is street view which is also good but the for...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank crystalte
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Such a wonderful place to stay if u want to get away from the hot weather in manila or to forget the humid weather of u.a.e. very nice room and friendly staffs! Thank u for making my first travel in Baguio an unforgettable one!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family