“My Best Place in Camp John Hay”
Review of Le Monet Hotel

Le Monet Hotel
Ranked #1 of 72 Specialty Lodging in Baguio
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My sons love this hotel mainly because of the very modern interior especially the bathroom (furnished with a separate television). I also love its location because it is inside Camp John Hay. I love the pine trees and the feel of nature despite the very modern interior. Breakfast is also great. Recently, they have put up a swimming pool which my sons really love. They love swimming but we can't do that every time we are in Baguio. Now, they can do both! Really a bonus my kids enjoy! The staff are very friendly and very polite. Plus, restaurants and coffee shops are very near the place so it's very convenient.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Le Monet Hotel

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Location is great, quiet and not populated but easy to hire a cab, they frequent the area. We had buffet breakfast and just like the reviews, it was sumptuous, a lot of choices too. The room that we got was relatively small, considering it had two double sized beds. The CR has a heated toilet which I totally loved considering the cold weather.

Room Tip: Ask a room that doesn't face the street, if you are a light sleeper. If you're going during...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chel N
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Le Monet is a hotel that really made our 10th year anniversary celebration memorable. The service staff are so friendly from the lobby up. It's very close to everything you'd like to do in Baguio like horseback riding, tree top adventure, food, and even walks! Our room was so beautiful where we had the view of the Camp John Hay road. By the veranda are pine trees that make you feel like you're really out of the busy cities of Metro Manila. It makes very romantic especially when you decide to have some tea like what we did. Breakfast is good for it's variety. This is where I proposed to my bestfriend, partner, and love of my life. Such a wonderful place to be especially in Baguio. Better than the Manor service where we had our anniversary dinner. It's smaller than Manor but it's got a bigger heart.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Nico H
LeMonetBaguio, General Manager at Le Monet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Gem

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from the City of Pines and Le Monet Hotel!

Thank you very much for giving us the privilege to be a part of your special moment.

The family of Le Monet is so happy to hear that we made your celebration memorable.

We wish you all the best in the coming years!

Best regards and God Bless!

Dante C. Cruz
GM Le Monet Hotel
dantecruz.artstream@gmail.com

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Comfortable bed! Comforters and pillows soo good to sleep on. Good breakfast food but can be excellent with more choices. Excellent location, located within Camp John Hay a not crowded place and will definitely visit the place again. Will highly recommend to others. It would be nicer though if there will be more space at the lobby and more rooms available .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 419Dimples

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Baguio City and Le Monet Hotel!

Thank you very much for giving us the privilege to host you and your family.

Good to know that you were comfortable with your stay with us and that you find our location to your liking. Camp John Hay is one of the few places in Baguio were you can still feel the "old Baguio"- abundant pine trees all over, safe, clean and, as you have experienced, "not crowded".

We look forward in hosting you and your family again in the near future.

Best regards and God Bless!

Dante C. Cruz
GM - Le Monet Hotel Baguio
Group Director for Hotel Operations - Art Stream Hotel Management Group Inc (AHMGI)
dantecruz.artstream@gmail.com

Reviewed August 15, 2013

A budget friendly luxurious hotel very spacious rooms and cool pine breeze from the balcony.I love the view from the terrace , the hotel staff from the front desk to concierge and restaurant are very friendly and accomodating, the hotel ambiance is excellent. they are the only hotel in baguio with nice heated pool.,It was a nice experience . We will definitely comng back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mozin g
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Very nice hotel inside camp john hay. Rooms are cleaned and with balcony where you can sit, relax and have your coffee in the morning or cocktails in the afternoon and very modern bathroom. Front desk staff are friendly and courteous.

Room Tip: Choose the forest view room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My fiance and I had planned to travel to nearby San Juan for a few days, but the resort we wanted was fully booked and the weather was quite poor for a beach stay. Having our hearts set on going somewhere and doing something different, we opted to try out a local hotel, Le Monet, for an overnight stay.

We booked online and arrived around 12 noon. Note: with so many hotels having a 2 PM check-in, it was refreshing to have a hotel with a 12 noon check-in. We were immediately greeted and helped inside with our overnight bags. A room was available on a lower level, but we asked for a 5th floor room which was not ready. No problem, because we were both hungry and excited to try their restaurant for lunch.

We were the only customers and had a nice seat along the back window. The seats are like couch-chairs that are very comfortable and the table legs don't impede your legs like so many do. For a large person, like myself, it was worth noting. The menu had many interesting options. We ordered two appetizers, calamare and Mexican Egg Rolls. The egg rolls (3) were huge and very delicious! For our main course, we both had the Le Monet Club, and our friend had linguine with longganisa. The sandwiches were quite large and served on fresh wheat bread. The pasta dish was served in a large bowl and the portion was huge. Also worth noting, was that they offer Red Bull (the real Red Bull) for about the same price that it's sold at the grocery store (P90). Lunch was great-thumbs up!

After lunch we checked into our room, a King deluxe. The room was large, nicely appointed with a rather large terrace. Two issues: 1) their King-size bed is not a true King size, we have an actual king sized bed which was bought here in Baguio, this bed was a queen. There is only a night stand on one side of the bed, no huge deal but one on each would be better. 2) the second minor issue was that the mini-bar was only partially stocked.

We unpacked and decided to check out the indoor pool. Due to very low occupancy, we had the pool all to ourselves. The pool is not large, nor deep, but was very clean and perfect for the two of us. It was indoors and heated which is great especially for this time of Baguio's rainy season.The temperature could have been a little warmer, but that was only because it was cold out. On most days, the temp. is probably perfect. One word of caution-there is a white plastic hole along one of the walls that serves as a return for the water. The suction is very strong and both my fiance and I had the misfortune of making contact with it. This should be immediately corrected by attaching a screen or other fitting over the opening so direct contact cannot be made. If management does not believe this is needed, I suggest they lean up against it.

After a power nap and movie, we made our way to the restaurant for dinner Again, we were one of only two parties having dinner so we basically had the entire staff servicing us. The dinner menu is basically a steak offering-which was fine by us! We both ordered the Phil Wagyu Filet Mignon. My fiance ordered the 8 oz., and I, of course, the 16 oz. One note: while ordering I asked about the steak storage and was not surprised that they are all frozen. What I was surprised to find out was that they are thawed, at least partially by micro-waving. In my opinion, no quality steak should ever be microwaved, but in fairness, I am not sure what other options were available, unless we told the restaurant during lunch, what our dinner selection was so they could arrange for the steaks to be naturally thawed. In addition to our order, we opted for the inclusive combo, which included soup, salad, a sauce station (awesome) and some fresh fruit. The bowls of soup were HUGE and served hot-very nice. The salad, which was their own Le Monet salad was somewhat soggy from the apple dressing, but remained very tasty. I had seconds and even help my fiance finish hers.

When our steaks arrived I noticed they both had that seared top edge that really enhances the flavor. When I cut into the steak, I was very pleased to find that it was cooked exactly as we requested-a perfect medium-well. The combination of two of the sauces (for me, the horseradish and wasabi) was just taste-bud heaven. We ordered a bottle of wine from California which was reasonable priced and finished with two desserts, creme brulee and chocolate cake. The brulee was served in three separate cups which was nice for sharing. The chocolate cake was bit to resilient. The frosting was too thick and hard and the cake-bread inside was rather dry. I am just being picky because the dinner was great!

After dinner, we recalled we forgot something from home and the hotel arranged a free shuttle for us. They did so again when we checked out to drive us home-very nice!

The next morning we made our way downstairs to the breakfast buffet. If I wasn't so full from last night's dinner, I would have enjoyed it more, but I did sample a made-to-order omelette which was very good. In a addition to a bunch of nice meat dishes, they also served french toast which was very good!

One other minor complaint: When we finished our lunch, we were told that our room was ready. When I made my way to the front desk, the sole employee was talking on the phone. From what I gathered, she was talking to someone who was interested in the hotel and was asking questions. After waiting five minutes I began to look around for someone else to help me, but found no one. When the employee finally ended the call, I asked her, "When you have a person on the phone who is curious about your hotel, and another person who is actually a customer at your hotel, standing in front of you, which person should be asked to wait?" She apologized and correctly stated that she should have asked the person on the phone to wait.

All-in-all, a very nice stay and I would definitely recommend staying here, even if you are a Baguio local.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple