Liked this hotel for the following:
1. Location - situated inside CJH
2. Staff - friendly and efficient
3. Amenities - its a new hotel, so everything is still clean and working.
4. Heated toilet seat - how amazing is that. It's also self-flushing ;)
5. What you see in their website pics, is what you'll get.
6. TV in the bathroom - my son finds this so cool but since its mounted high, you'll get a stiff neck from watching. Nevertheless, my kids enjoyed this!
7. Breakfast - any hotel that packages breakfast in their accommodation is a winner to me. The line-up is ok, but nothing really stood out. I was hoping to see strawberries in the fresh fruit selection, but there is none. But must try is the strawberry yogurt. I super like it! Their tapa is too salty. No amount of vinegar can correct it.
My son is 7, so I had to pay P 325 for his breakfast (half of the adult rate) but he eats like a bird but I don't want to be hassled with getting food for him somewhere else. He decided he wants waffle. He had a piece (the size of a slice of gardenia bread), never finished it. The following morning, he wanted waffle again. Just waffle. I decided to just order a la carte for him. Waffle is P 150 per order vs the child rate of P 325. But then it took them awhile to make the waffle as the machine is acting up. After more than 30 minutes of patiently waiting (my son does not like anything but waffle, not pancake, not french toast, it has to be a waffle) while we were eating away, his waffle arrived. It's still one piece, but one of the wait staff said that its on the house since it took them a while to serve it. That's a nice gesture, right? It's not much, its the least that they can do for making a child wait for his food. We appreciated the effort and because of that, we feel good towards them.
Disliked about this hotel:
I specifically asked for a room with the pine/forest garden view, as it came highly recommended by Trip Advisor reviewers. I got it, on the 4F. No problem there. BUT, as soon as we opened the glass door, there's this terrible, terrible stench of horse manure. We looked down and saw that we were very close to the horse-back riding area beside the hotel. I would have asked to be transferred to the other side but the hotel is fully booked at that time. Also, I worry that if our room would be facing the street, and we don't close the glass doors to let the cool air come inside, we would be bothered by the busy street noise. In fairness, the stench comes and goes, but the dreadful part is, it comes. Our stay in Le Monet would have been perfect if not for that. That's my only complain.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Le Monet Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.