We decided to go on a weekend trip to Baguio and booked two days before we left Manila.
We drove to Baguio and arrived before 9am. Dropped by the cathedral and went to have breakfast. After breakfast, we called Le Monet to ask, if by any chance, we'll be allowed to check in early. Lady who answered the phone got my booking details and contact number, and said she'll call me back within five minutes. And she did call back, to tell me that room's ready and we can check in early.
Top things i liked:
- great location. Camp John Hay is a nice area to stay in Baguio, because it's far from the crowd at the city center. We had a scenic walk to/from Mile-Hi Centre after breakfast. There's also a picnic area right across the street. There's a small food court beside the hotel.
- huge/spacious room. We booked a deluxe king. The room was spacious, it could easily fit another king-size bed in there and we'd still have space to move around. Our room had a balcony overlooking the forest (back of hotel), lovely view.
- sumptous buffet breakfast. We enjoyed the breakfast spread. Aside from the usual Filipino breakfast fare (which are good), they also have an egg station, a salad spread and a lot more continental selection. I also loved the hot chocolate.
Things i liked least:
- parking. Upon arrival, we were told to park across the street. It was a rocky, unpaved semi-enclosed unsecured area. It was ok then because we only had a few things and weather was great. But i can imagine the hassle if it rains or if you have a lot of stuff, and you still have to cross the street. That evening, we found a parking slot at the food court right beside the hotel, and parked there instead. I wish they'd have better and more secured parking facility, or perhaps offer valet service to checked-in guests.
- toilet&bath. I felt it was cramped and small, definitely not in proportion with the size of the room. It was just enough for the basics - sink, toilet, shower. There's a small tv inside (which is a plus), but it's on a fixed position and since the area is small, you'd have to strain your neck a bit looking up to the tv. I wish they make it adjustable, or mount it lower. I also wish it had a tub - that would have been perfect. I liked the modern toilet, with various wash settings. And i liked the rainshower showerhead.
Checkout was hassle-free, and check out time was extended up to 2pm, upon request.
Overall, i'd stay here again, primarily for the location and the free buffet breakfast.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Le Monet Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.