“Great location!”
Review of Le Monet Hotel

Le Monet Hotel
Ranked #1 of 72 Specialty Lodging in Baguio
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We decided to go on a weekend trip to Baguio and booked two days before we left Manila.

We drove to Baguio and arrived before 9am. Dropped by the cathedral and went to have breakfast. After breakfast, we called Le Monet to ask, if by any chance, we'll be allowed to check in early. Lady who answered the phone got my booking details and contact number, and said she'll call me back within five minutes. And she did call back, to tell me that room's ready and we can check in early.

Top things i liked:
- great location. Camp John Hay is a nice area to stay in Baguio, because it's far from the crowd at the city center. We had a scenic walk to/from Mile-Hi Centre after breakfast. There's also a picnic area right across the street. There's a small food court beside the hotel.
- huge/spacious room. We booked a deluxe king. The room was spacious, it could easily fit another king-size bed in there and we'd still have space to move around. Our room had a balcony overlooking the forest (back of hotel), lovely view.
- sumptous buffet breakfast. We enjoyed the breakfast spread. Aside from the usual Filipino breakfast fare (which are good), they also have an egg station, a salad spread and a lot more continental selection. I also loved the hot chocolate.

Things i liked least:
- parking. Upon arrival, we were told to park across the street. It was a rocky, unpaved semi-enclosed unsecured area. It was ok then because we only had a few things and weather was great. But i can imagine the hassle if it rains or if you have a lot of stuff, and you still have to cross the street. That evening, we found a parking slot at the food court right beside the hotel, and parked there instead. I wish they'd have better and more secured parking facility, or perhaps offer valet service to checked-in guests.
- toilet&bath. I felt it was cramped and small, definitely not in proportion with the size of the room. It was just enough for the basics - sink, toilet, shower. There's a small tv inside (which is a plus), but it's on a fixed position and since the area is small, you'd have to strain your neck a bit looking up to the tv. I wish they make it adjustable, or mount it lower. I also wish it had a tub - that would have been perfect. I liked the modern toilet, with various wash settings. And i liked the rainshower showerhead.

Checkout was hassle-free, and check out time was extended up to 2pm, upon request.

Overall, i'd stay here again, primarily for the location and the free buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank RezC_12
There are newer reviews for Le Monet Hotel

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I haven't been to Baguio for the longest time and had no regret in choosing le Monet hotel to stay. A lot of hotels to choose from but first encounter with the staff from booking to the last day was excellent. Staffs were all friendly and accommodating. You have made our stay there memorable for my sister from kuala lumpur to my mother and me from Virginia,USA. Always smiling faces and respectful gave your staff a big plus.breakfast was always good, room was nice, clean, big enough for us.place was excellent inside camp John hay,you can walk even late at night, restaurants 24 hrs open counts too. I bet a lot of people will find this place enjoyable.

Room Tip: Junior suite
1  Thank magandaako
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We booked Le Monet Hotel after looking at Trip Advisor reviews of Baguio hotels. We stayed for 2 nights Jan 5 & 6, 2013 due to lack of time. We were not disappointed. We got a 3rd floor room facing the park, the room is spacious with 2 queen sized beds, The bathroom has an automatic flushing water closet which was good. The room and bathroom were clean. We requested for more towels & were given right away. Janrhem of Front Office handled our requests properly when I called her from overseas after our booking. Buffet breakfast was good, the spread had enough variety & they served the best jams ever. An F & B staff, Ruel, was very competent in answering my queries about the jams. Overall, the experience was pleasant and we definitely will come back. We're recommending this hotel to others as well. Its location is very good, restaurants & shops are in the vicinity.

1  Thank ruizgen
LeMonetBaguio, General Manager at Le Monet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the city of Pines!

Thank you very much for choosing Le Monet Hotel in your recent visit to Baguio!

We are very happy to know that you had a pleasant stay with us, and that Janrhem and Ruel hosted you well.

The Le Monet Hotel Family looks forward to your next visit of Baguio City!

Good day and God Bless!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Truly a great hotel just as what I have read from the reviews, staffs were nice, accommodating and always smiling since we arrived the hotel and the time we’ve left. We stayed in Le Monet for 4 days 3 nights spending our Christmas there, from the moment we arrived we were surprised by the artificial snow falling from the top of the hotel, I can say it was really a nice gimmick unfortunately because of this the driveway entrance is somehow being blocked by people catching those artificial snows so we were having problems parking our car to unload our luggage’s and apparently the car parking was at the other side of the road and during those times the hotel was fully booked so parking is very scarce, I hope they can improve this.
Checking in and checking out was a breeze it only took us a few minutes to get our room keys and we were already being ushered to our rooms. I booked early for a Deluxe Twin and Junior Suite with a forest view and was given confirmation, unfortunately I was given a room facing the road and during that time there’s a lot of noise coming outside from the people and vehicles passing by, at first I was not happy since I particularly asked for the forest view and just worried that I will have trouble sleeping due to the outside noise.

The room we got was on the top floor and it was big, it has a separate bedroom, a dining table and a kitchen sink. The bedroom has 2 queen size beds but we only used one and they were soft and comfortable that I slept well through the night maybe it is because of the grueling trip that took us almost 8 hours from Manila to Baguio due to heavy traffic or the cool weather in Baguio made me sleep all my earlier worries away. The bathroom was big and we loved the automatic and heated toilet seat, hot water is not a problem. We have 3 TV in our room 1 in the bedroom 1 on the dining and a small 1 inside the bathroom, we didn’t have any problem with the WIFI connection in our room sometimes it was slow but mostly we can browse in the internet smoothly. The front desk was so helpful and quick to respond that even it was already late in the evening I called them for some medicine and quickly they send it to our room.

Freshened up after a very relaxing sleep we had our breakfast and what was said on the review was right the buffet was humungous, the foods served was already good enough for lunch too many varieties of food to choose on, tempted to over eat. The hotel has a nice location inside Camp John Hay, beside the hotel is the filling station where you can have pizza, Japanese meals, burgers and an ice cream parlor where you can have fresh strawberries together with your ice cream. At the other side of the road where the paintball republic and zip line is located, for children the horseback riding area is just near the filling station and walking further more towards the Loakan Gate more shops, spas and restaurants are located like Starbucks, Yellow Cab and a boodle restaurant are.

During that festive season the hotel was offering more there at the back they have this film showing and a bonfire activity for a small fee this includes a bonnet and scarf for you tow wear during the bonfire. They were also offering a Noche Buena buffet but unfortunately we were so tired that we weren’t able to go. And I was told by their good General Manager Mr. Dante Cruz that this coming Holy Week that they were brewing some funs and activities for the guest. Mr. Dante Cruz was so down to earth that even with his busy time running the hotel he still manages to talk to the guest and personally he himself gave us information to where we can find a specific gas station and fill up our car.

I and the whole family had a very good time during our stay at Le Monet and we are already planning to go back there for the coming Holy Week.

Room Tip: Always take the top room or the Attic level.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank adiolata

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the City of Pines!

It's such a delight for the Le Monet Hotel Family to know that you and your family "had a very good time" during your stay.

Thank you very much for your kind and generous words.

The Le Monet Family looks forward to your next visit - hopefully this coming Holy Week.

Best regards and God Bless!

Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is quite new and clean. The location is ideal especially if you want to avoid the very busy areas of Baguio.

The room itself was spacious and comfy which is something we look for when staying in Baguio.

The only complaint i have for this place was the breakfast buffet. Food is only ok compared with the rest of the hotel. Service was a bit slow as well but i would attribute this to the number of guests at the time.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 11, 2013

The manor was fully booked at that time, therefore we booked this hotel which is a walking distance beside the manor inside camp john hay, we spent a wonderful new year at said hotel, though lobby is small, hotel is modernly equipped, all the staff are all smile and very helpful and accomodating, in fact on new years eve, were so busy that we forgot to make a reservation for the restaurant at the hotel for that evening dinner, since all restaurants were fully booked, we have no place to have dinner, telling the hotel of our predicament the staff were so helpful that they managed to get us a table for that evening dinner, the new year celebration at the hotel was never a dull moment, they even wore costumes and masks that evening while serving us dinner, they made that evening pleasureable and memorable, fireworks were used that new years celebration, they even set table outside to those who want celebrate new year on a open air/ cold night complete with modern gas heater on the side of the table, well organized for a newly opened hotel.
Room amenities are modern, the bathroom even have a heated toilet seats and a small tv with cable for guest to enjoy while doing their thing.
The breakfast is also good, they even serve danggit (dried salted fish)of which were often offered in southern parts of the philippine hotels like in cebu and bohol.
New year is a peak season they managed to fill up food on the buffet table with refills, too many food that day,although the breakfast area is a bit crampy but hotel staff are all smiles and helpful, price for the room is much higher than the manor, but with that excellent service, my family and i will definitely comeback and again stay on this hotel, my kid cant wait for the heated pool which is still under construction.
if you like cabin type room The manor is for you, my wife still prefer the modern ambiance, Le monet should improve on their garden area. too small for people to walk on to,

Room Tip: superior rooms hotel are are situated along main road of camp john hay, but the vehicles engine an...
1  Thank johan c
LeMonetBaguio, General Manager at Le Monet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the City of Pines!

The family of Le Monet Hotel is so delighted to hear about your pleasant stay with us. We thank The Lord for brining you and your family in our hotel.

We enthusiastically await your next visit to Baguio, and hopefully by then, our swimming pool is ready for your use and improvements has been made with our garden area.

Blessings to you and your loved ones!

Sincerely yours,

Dante C. Cruz
GM - Le Monet Hotel (Baguio)

Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is a review of their restaurant and not the hotel. There is no doubt that this is a beautiful hotel. Having stayed in a lot of hotels in different countries, it is quite impressive. Now on to the "negative" side -- the service in their restaurant. My husband and I are visiting from Los Angeles. Being a native Baguio myself I wanted my husband to see the whole city and have a great dining experience. We did not stay at the hotel but the restaurant at Le Monet came highly recommended. We decided to go for breakfast. There were 5 of us. Before we got a table I asked one of the managers if they were only serving buffet. He said, "No. You can order from our menu." They sat us and they gave us water and juice. They were quick to take our order but the delivery of the food SUCKED! Our food came after 45 minutes. We had to follow up our order twice. As soon as our food came, the food was COLD -- like it was sitting in the kitchen for half an hour. We were not happy. We complained but all they could offer was an apology. At this point we've already lost our appetite. My husband being a restaurant reviewer wasn't happy and asked that the 10% service charge be deducted from our bill. The manager only approved a PHP60 discount. Our bill was PHP1200 and for the bad food and service we got, we really should not have paid at all. We felt cheated.

The only explanation they could offer us was -- "We have a lot of guests who are doing buffet and we're just too busy." OK. That's understandable. But they should have told us before they sat us down. We don't mind doing the buffet. After a great experience at The Manor the day before, this Le Monet experience was just terrible and disappointing.

I hope they are able to correct this mistake because I truly believe this hotel has a lot of potential.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gem A
LeMonetBaguio, General Manager at Le Monet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

January 09, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for giving us this feedback. Our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience you had in our restaurant. Please extend our apologies to the one who recommended us to you.

If you will allow, we will refund the amount you paid for your breakfast. If you still have relatives in Baguio, we can arrange the refund through them. They can reach us through 074.661.0202 or 0917.526.70.49.

Your review will help us strive for better service as we progress in the industry.

Lastly, we thank you for recognizing the beauty and potential of our hotel and restaurant.

Blessings to you and your loved ones!

Sincerely yours,