“Lovely hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 62 Specialty Lodging in Baguio
Manila
“Lovely hotel!”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

The first time that we entered in this hotel we were in awe of the swarovski chandeliers!We originally booked here for 2 nights only but when our family saw our rooms,the fantastic views from our rooms.we extended for 1 more night.we booked for 4 rooms,the deluxe king bedrooms is spacious enough but the deluxe twin is quite narrow,giving you a kind of cozy feel.We loved the beds and pillows that as much as possible,we dont go out and just stay in our rooms to relax.We always have a good sleep eventhough you can hear the sounds in the hallway.unlucky you if you happen to have a family with kids near your room because its inevitable that youll hear them screaming/running in the hallways.I love that every rooms has a balcony that you can just chill in there while looking at the mountains and the trees.Its relaxing.The cr/bathrooms is techy with controls thats reminiscient of restrooms in Japan and definitly no time to be bored 'cause theres a t.v in the bathroom!Very clean and complete with the essentials.Service was efficient especially the guards in the lobby,very helpful.Buffet breakfast was delicious.Dining area is pretty with their upscale chairs.View from the dining of the gardens is amazing especially if you'll seat near the egg station.the dining area is not that big considering the capacity of the hotel so its better if you have your breakfast early.Gym/spa room is small,not good for claustrophobics.What i just dont like was that,one of the staffs is bad-mouthing the management while my brother was being massaged.Its better if they keep it to themselves or if they're outside work.Their garden is although its a work in progress is beautiful.We will definitly stayed here again.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms in 4th floor,forest view simply because the view is much fantastic.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Pasig, Philippines
Reviewed May 10, 2012

For two nights, me and my Family enjoyed the luxury of living in this place. Aside from the excellent view in our room, wherein you can almost pick a pine cones from the pine trees in our balcony, we also enjoyed the sumptous breakfast every morning. The only regrets i had was that , we're not able to experince to swim in their pool, which according to the Manager was still under construction that time , and also one of their elevators was out of order for us to walk a little bit longer to our room . I also love their bathroom wherein almost everything were automatic and take note they also installed a tv inside. For the price as of now they were extending promos, like what we availed @ Groupon , I will surely go back and stay maybe longer next time.

Room Tip: Request for a room with aircon and in a higher floors for you to enjoy the view
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Jjeanie7
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed May 9, 2012

My family and I only spent one night here but we had a very relaxing, pleasant stay. For one, the room is clean and comfortable, and even the bedsheets and towels were pristine. We were also quite impressed with the bathroom which had a small TV in it - the only other hotel we stayed at that had this was at The Signature in Las Vegas.
I also loved the mini pine forest view from our balcony... Hmm, I think they should have named it, "The New Pines Hotel!" :-)
The breakfast buffet was not spectacular, but the friendly, eager-to-please staff more than made up for it.
I must also commend their Housekeeping staff for returning a diamond earring that fell out of my daughter's bag. I texted Toni while we were en route back to Manila and she went out of her way to have them look for it - and found it! Thanks, Le Monet!

2 Thank NDP517
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed May 7, 2012

After more than 10years from our last visit in Baguio, we wanted to try out this new hotel at Camp John Hay.  We are 4 adults with 3 kids. Check-In:  I emailed reservations for a  junior suite and a deluxe room, thinking that they'd have adjoining rooms. Front desk responded that they do not have adjoining rooms. I then sent confirmation that will get two junior suites instead. No reply from reservations/front desk and our check in date was in 3 days! I then reserved two junior suites through their world hotels website instead as I was panicking that we didn't have any rooms yet. Upon check-in, there was a mix up. We ended up with a junior suite and a deluxe room despite having a firm confirmation from their website for two junior suites. Sigh. Rooms: The queen beds, bathroom, and the balcony are great. I love the self-flushing toilet. Again, in their website, it mentioned a heated swimming pool. Don't believe that. The pool is not completed yet. Breakfast: yummy breakfast buffet. Menu is the same each day. Since they have limited tables at the lobby, we were always made to sit in their resto-bar that smelled of last night's cigarettes. So, have an early breakfast. Check-out: very slow. Expect to wait. We checked out on a Sunday and I'm sure they have a record as to how many would check out by noon. I asked for late check out but the front desk girl refused to allow us. Thus, the peak period of check-outs and they were just not organized at all. Overall, I love the hotel facilities but service was awful. The staff seemed to be newbies and relied upon supervisors clearance/instructions.

• Stayed May 2012
4 Thank marts1117
LeMonetBaguio, General Manager at Le Monet Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Baguio City and Le Monet Hotel!

In behalf of the Management and Staff of Le Monet Hotel, we sincerely apologize for not delivering your service expectations, particularly how your room reservations and check-out was handled.

We are now making a comprehensive review of your experience, our present procedures and the competency level of our new front-liners, to make the necessary and immediate adjustments so as not to short change our other future guests.

We are glad that you were able to appreciate the facilities and amenities of the hotel. Thank you also for appreciating our food offering.

I hope you will give us another chance to be your host in Baguio City, if you decide to plan a future visit.

Thank you for this review. This will very much help us improve our product and service offering.

Sincerely yours,

Dante C. Cruz
GM – Le Monet Hotel
dantecruz.artstream@gmail.com
Antipolo City, Philippines
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I've been to Baguio so many times and I've seen almost all attractions in this city. But I keep coming back just to unwind and relax. so, staying in a good and nice hotel is very important to me.I'm so used to the CJH Manor experience that whenever we plan to spend vacation in Baguio,there's no other hotel that comes to mind except .... The Manor at CJH. Now, i've found a serious contender for a hotel choice..... Le Monet! My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights just to relax and unwind. Since we're both senior citizens, there's nothing much we can do, we find pleasure just taking a stroll inside CJH or eating at the restos in the vicinity. We still enjoy even if we choose not to go out of CJH anymore! We were booked in a Deluxe room with a balcony overlooking a garden and a forested view of pine trees. What a refreshing sight to come home to after a tiring walk! We also had a decent breakfast buffet. There's a lot of food choices but what I noticed though was that they had the same menu all throughout our 3 day stay. What I appreciate most in this hotel are the friendly, hospitable and courteous staff who show concern and take personal interest in the satisfaction of every guests. To the friendly & hospitable staff of Le Monet........ the beautiful and always smiling ladies at the Front Desk especially Ms. CJ & Ms. Toni ; the ever gracious & helpful GM, Mr. Dante Cruz ; the courteous guards, waiters etc...... I'd like to say THANK YOU for making our stay comfortable and enjoyable. We're looking forward to seeing and being with you again on our next visit to Baguio, our home away from home.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Cora S
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I stayed here with my family for 3 nights during Holy Week and what an excellent experience it was.
From the moment you step in to the lobby, the service is excellent, you are offered cold drinks at whilst checking in, and before you know it, your luggage is in your room and you are settling in. We had a balcony with a forest and garden view, and having come from the city where the air is quite polluted, this was definitely a welcome change.
The rooms are clean with incredibly comfortable beds and thick duvets. There is an LCD screen TV with cable and one in the bathroom also. The toilet self flushes also with a seat warmer(think Japanese/Korean toilets)
As the hotel is quite new, they don't have a directory in the room, but the staff are more than happy to be of service if you have any questions. The location of the spa is also in a bit of an awkward spot as you are required to go to the basement and a lot of the service staff are located in the basement area. Once you do enter the spa and massage, it is very ambient, and the prices of the massages are quite reasonable. They also offer in room massages, which is also a great perk!
Our stay included complimentary breakfasts and there is quite a variety, there is also an omelette station and you can order eggs however you like it cooked.
The general manager Dante Cruz was incredibly helpful and was always one of the first points of contact when you enter the lobby area, which was refreshing as managers don't have the tendency to even show face, but you see Dante even helping around the restaurant area.
The location of the hotel is fabulous as you are inside Camp John Hay, there are restaurants and eateries right next to the hotel and a short walk in either direction will lead you to even more restaurants and bars.
Overall for a hotel that is newly opened, they are doing a lot of things right!

Room Tip: Forest/garden view with a balcony is always nice!
5 Thank Juveler
Manila
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We did NOT stay here. We only stopped in for an expensive, high class lunch. But, to my surprise, our experience was better than top-notch, and it wasn't even expensive!

The food was excellent. Even the little things were perfect. For example, I'm from Michigan. Sweet corn "on the cob" is very popular in the fall, and the corn is delicious. Here in Manila, corn on the cob is available, but the flavor is just not what I remember from home. But, Le Monet has found it! The corn here is delicious, sweet, tender - perfect. The same can be said of the rest of the food the chef prepared for us. There was only one flaw, which shall remain unnamed, but that was quickly and appropriately corrected.

Dante Cruz (General Manager) was more than friendly. He was downright helpful, as if we were family from miles away. He made excellent suggestions for how we could enjoy Baguio and took a personal interest in our satisfaction with our stay there. He went even further out of his way for us in ways I would love to tell you, but if we told you all he did for us, you all might make him work too hard!

Remember, we did NOT STAY HERE!

I can't wait until we do!

6 Thank Steve M