“Not impressed this time”
Review of North Haven Spa

North Haven Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Spas & Wellness in Baguio
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Been on their other shop before but last August 1,2013, saw they have opened a casa vallejo branch, had a hair dye upon recommendation of a nice receptionist - Katha !!!
Unfortunately the hair colorist seems to be really not a hair colorist, nice girl but she has dyed my hair jet black (when I said I wanted something brownish) and she tried to remove the dye markings on the side of my face and it irritated my face, went back to manila with several reddish marks on my face.. WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE AT ALL.... told all my friends in Baguio to stay away from this place !!!!!!!

1  Thank Daniel921

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Hubby and I can't pass up a massage on North Haven Spa whenever we go to Baguio. Last year, when we attended a wedding in Baguio with some of our friends, we have them tried North Haven and they can't stop raving about their experience! Even up to now, they still ask us for spas here in the metro that is comparable to North Haven.

2  Thank MaeCruz
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My hubby and I are not really much into spas and massages but with the stress brought about by our office work and raising a home, pampering ourselves with a good body massage what we call our me-time. During our short vacation in my hometown, Baguio, we were lucky enough to find North Haven Spa over the internet. We fell in love with North Haven during our very first visit! And we have been coming back every time since then. Their services are truly affordable as compared to Manila rates plus the serenity of the Avelino branch is incomparable! Their staff are very accommodating and make sure that clients are personally attended to. We just wish their services and rates are updated in one of their accounts for others to easily check. (I think their website is no longer accessible.) We always recommend this spa to our friends!

3  Thank todotaray
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I'm not much of a spa person, but whenever I need a massage [which is not very often - maybe twice or three times a year], I usually go to that place in La Azotea. But since it was my mother and sister's birthday, my mum decided to include me in her birthday treat as well. She arrived earlier than me and my sister, so she reserved two spots for us. Fortunately, they had a promotion [995 PHP for a full body scrub and body massage] and when we arrived, they let us choose what kind of body scrub we would want. My sister went for the Strawberry ['coz she's a Baguio girl - which made me LOL] and I chose Lemon Grass [my aunt said that Lemon Grass is good for my pimple problem], we asked the staff what our mum had and they said it was Ginger [it's a natural pain reliever. it doesn't take a rocket scientist why she chose that].

They led us down to the rooms downstairs and let us change [the thing is, they didn't say that they had a changing room, they just left us in a room with two beds and we thought that we'll change there -- oh well, we didn't ask]. They will provide you with a robe and disposable undies. After changing, they led us into this wider room [with 3-5 massage beds]. The scrub was fine and relaxing. After that, they will let you go in the sauna. They will provide you with a small glass of water [it's in a plastic cup], a slice of lemon [scrub it on your hands, elbows and knees] and a roll of cold towel [you can place that on your nape]. They will leave you there for 5-10 minutes and after that a hot shower is prepared for you [with a change of new disposable undies and robe]. After the shower, the massage began. I'm a pretty healthy person and I have some areas that shouldn't be massaged too much if you don't want me yelling and cursing in pain. My masseuse was sensitive enough to understand that those areas should not be massaged THAT hard even though I didn't tell her anything. After the massage, they will let you rest for 5 minutes or so.

I was a bit uncomfortable though because of the privacy issue. When we entered the massage room, we were the only ones in the room but when we were done there were other ladies in the other beds. They did close the curtains but they're only on the sides of the bed, you will be able to see other people when you pass by their beds because no curtains to close off your whole area. That would be OK for me because I don't care what would people think about me but others like their privacy when they "meditate". Aside from that, your trip to the sauna and the showers are in the public area. People will see you in all your icky glory, in that robe when you go out of the massage room to the sauna, then from the sauna to the shower then back to massage room. It was a concern for me at first but since I really don't care what people would think [as long as all the essentials are covered and nothing is peeking], I walked those somewhat narrow halls with a sheepish grin. Of course, if you are shy, you can ask your attendant to just let you walk the halls when nobody is around [doesn't hurt to ask]. But, still, a point off because of the privacy issue.

3  Thank travelthirsty101
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My friend and I went to the North Haven branch in Casa Vallejo (near SM). They have so many treatment options that it took my friend a while to decide on what she wanted. We both decided on full body massages. Since all the massage rooms on the upper floors were occupied, they brought us to the basement area which was quite a treat because we got to see the lovely garden. They informed us that they had several types of rooms. Some were couple rooms, others were for three, while some others are for bigger groups. Even then, privacy wouldn't be a issue as there are curtains around each of the beds.
All massage and body scrub treatments come with the free use of the sauna and I loved the fact that they gave us hot oil cream to protect our hair unlike in some other spas where you have to bring your own.
Our therapists, Grace and Ate Dory were really attentive and are obviously well trained.

It was a very relaxing experience altogether.

****When I went there earlier in the day to make a reservation, my daughter and I decided to have some foot treatments and sadly, the foot bath and massage wasn't really up to par. The full body treatment I had in the evening really made up for it though.

1  Thank roma m