“A decent place to stay in Baguio.”

Azalea Residences Baguio
Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Baguio
Metro Manila, Philippines
“A decent place to stay in Baguio.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

I was surprised to see Azalea residences. When you think of Baguio, the place to stay would be in Camp John Hay or if you are a member, it would be Baguio Country Club. Azalea is another that one can consider.

It's location is quite far from Session road and some of the busy areas and it's very quite at night. Plus points for that. Though, be sure you have a car and visit the convenience stores first.

We got the rooms on a promo (40% off), and we're really lucky to have gotten that. To start, the room we got was the 2 bedroom suite, and they even prepared the sofa bed.

Bathrooms are a major concern when we travel and they definitely have very clean ones with complete toiletries I might add.

All the rooms are clean, and maintained. Sheets looked decent as well. They even have a deep safe, which can fit a 15 in lap top. Not bad at all!

Our room also had a kitchenette and the staff was very helpful providing cooking wares.

The staff at the reception always greeted you with a smile. Definitely a plus.

One thing that I was a bit turned-off was that one of the room's window was facing the hallway (Room 212). Even though we closed it, you could still hear people talking, and you could hear the trolleys moving around.

Overall, I would recommend to stay here. Even at full price, this is a really nice place to stay. I'm saying this in the context of Baguio though.

Room Tip: Try not to get the rooms near the hallways
3 Thank theothertimwong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

This isn't just a bad review because I am angry. A lot of these comments before the theft I put in the feedback form.

So I stayed in room 307. I checked in at 4am after a long bus ride from Banaue.

I was annoyed that the guy outside sweeping watched me take my three bags out of the cab by myself and did not help. After I checked in there was some guy that ran over to me offering to help me carry my bags, and I was annoyed. If I got them that far on my own, I would take them to my room myself.

Since I arrived at 4am, I appreciated that the hotel agreed to a late checkout of 2pm.

So the room overall is nice. The bathroom worn (I have noticed that many hotels in the Philippines have bathrooms that are worn. I don't think that their staff know how to properly clean them and the water damage just wears them down).

The bed was comfortable, and I loved the blanket, but too hot because there was no air conditioning. It was cooler outside, but it was loud outside so I wouldn't open the sliding door.

I should mention that my room smelled like urine. I noted this on the feedback form. Why I don't understand, but it was unsettling.

The breakfast was good.

At this point, I would have given the hotel a three to four star rating, but the following takes away any rating possible.

So I left my luggage with the luggage room. I left three bags. One is a waterproof roll down bag, a backpack, and a single cloth shopping bag. When I came back to the hotel, I noticed that the cloth shopping bag had been moved down a shelf. The bigger issue was the waterproof bag. I put a lock on it, but you can roll it up even with a lock and attempt to reach into it. It was rolled up. I noticed this, but even if there was a thief, anything of value was down at the bottom and someone trying to reach in couldn't get to anything.

Even then I would have given a decent review, but noticed that I have two things missing from my backpack. I had a lock on the main compartment, but the front pockets had no lock. In the front pocket I had the brick portion of my ipad charger that is missing and an Anker brand portable charger. This has really set my mood off and I really thought that I could have trusted my stuff being left.

Here's to knowing that your things are not safe even in a higher end hotel. I was warned about Baguio, but never thought that I would have issues with the hotel.

Am I angry? yes. Do I want to spend $75CAD replacing these things? no. Lesson learned? Absolutely.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
7 Thank PK_Vancouver
Martin A, General Manager at Azalea Residences Baguio, responded to this review, December 29, 2014
Dear PK_Vancouver,

Warm greetings from Azalea Hotels and Residences Baguio!

We hope that you could have raised your concern before you left, so that we could have assisted you, investigated on the claim, and gave an update/feedback.

However, we do not take such claims lightly, In fact, just to continue to improve our services, we have increased our CCTV cameras, including inside the luggage room, so that all areas are covered. We also offer additional safety deposit boxes located at the lobby to secure the valuables of our guests.

We hope that you could give us another opportunity to serve you once again in your next visit to Baguio City.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

Rooms- The room is huge. For a unit good for 2 persons, it can still accommodate a queen-sized bed for 3rd person. All toiletries provided are good for 3, including the slippers. The room is well-lit, cozy, and relaxing. It doesn't have A/C but since Baguio is 8° colder than the rest of Phil. cities & the hotel is at an elevated area, the ceiling fan can serve that purpose. Bed is comfortable, with duvet blanket and 4 very soft pillows in the master bed.
Room has functional kitchen, microwave oven, iron board, hair dryer, dining area.

Service- superb service. Everyone greets you with a smile and assists hospitably.

Cleanliness-I rate 4 of 5 only bec. there's water spill in the bathroom due to a leakage I think from the bidet and there's water drip from the ref when we've arrived. The response to get it clean was swift however.

Location-Not so close to city proper but taxi fare is reasonable. Doesn't go beyond a P100. If by car, the hotel provides a huge basement parking & is even expanding since our last visit.

Facilities/Amenities-No pool but personally, this is fine since Baguio is cold, unless it's a hot pool. There's a playground for kids to slide, hop and swing on.

Food-Breakfast is buffet type and complimentary. Good array to choose from. Delicious food! Service is also very good they're attentive to your needs and always offer to carry plates or serve coffee.

Value-Price paid is quite steep, it's close to getting a 5-star accommodation but our stay fell during the peak period. Should it had been the regular rate, then value for money is reasonable.

Overall-I would highly recommend staying here esp.if you want a place away from the hustle & bustle of the urban. Good place to stay for families as they have 2-bedroom units. I also like its aura, the vibe and the wonderful facade

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank wandertripper
Shenzhen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

despite running 100 percent full occupancy during our stay. there are few niches. but the staff was able to make them right. location is okay. not too crowded. a bit far from everything. but if you have a vehicle. no problem with it. if not. about 2 km to the right there are different restaurants. so not really an issue. taxi stand is easy access as well.

2 Thank CarmelaTan
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

We booked this hotel during our family getaway as part of a family reunion. The check in process was quick and the staff are pleasant and very helpful.

I highly commend the staff of this hotel, they will do whatever it takes to please their guests. I was given a room on the ground floor which I resented due to the noise around the lobby area. Since there are no available rooms, I accepted but requested to be transferred to a higher floor. The following day, the staff informed us that they have an available room and before the end of the day, our baggages and belongings were moved to a higher floor as I requested. We were really delighted.

The dining area staff was also an excellent example of how this hotel properly trained their staff. They are all very attentive and cares for their guests' needs.

If you happen to visit the crowded city of Baguio, try this hotel - clean and spacious rooms, convenient location and very attentive staff.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor and avoid rooms in the lobby area.
2 Thank joglen10
Manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

There were 5 of us and we stayed in a 2-bedroom suite. The room was spacious. Its living room has a sofa bed that can be used as another bedroom. The only complain I had was the room doesn't have air-conditioning. Although Baguio has cool, breezy air, it can get hot during summer and it so happened that summer peaked when I visited the place.

1 Thank Drizzle_813
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

It's my 4th (as far as I can remember) stay in Azalea and our average stay last for 3 nights. Rooms are spacious yet maintained its cozy atmosphere. I highly recommend this to those who are travelling in groups. The hotel always kept its promise to provide quality service to their guest. Food is great at Tradisyon Restaurant, I recommend that you take your breakfast as early as 7-8am to avoid the hungry morning crowd since the hotel is always packed. I'll definitely bring my family here soon. Love for Azalea!

Room Tip: The Presidential Suite is a must try, its a great deal at 20K/night *rack rate. We had a 2 nights bl...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business