“My Family Enjoyed this Place”

Azalea Residences Baguio
Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Baguio
Luzon, Philippines
“My Family Enjoyed this Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

This hotel is perfect for families or big groups. you can cook here (nice for the hotel to provide for the utensils). We got the 2 bedroom this time because we were 9, and we fitted comfortably.

Service is good in this place and the staffs were nice. The breakfast is good so beware you can gain pounds. The place is clean and the price is okay. Always ask them if there are options in the kind of rooms because the prices of the lower floors and the rooms at the back are cheaper.

The design of the place is wonderful but if you have been to so many places you'll notice that the materials they used were cheap, although they look good. The last time we stayed here our comfort room gets clogged, now we didn't have this problem ( I requested a good room) but I noticed that the bathroom tiles are very slippery also the floor of the restaurant. So be careful and request rubber mat for your shower.

I'm definitely coming back if I'm with my family.

Room Tip: if your room is at the back, choose the 5th floor so you have a view. The lower floors overlook wall...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jepoyng

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Family vacations should be relaxing and one place to choose when in Baguio is Azalea Residences.
They've got all what you need. We stayed in a room with one big bed plus a comfortable sofa bed. It has a kitchen with eating utensils and dinnerware, a microwave oven, coffee maker, cabinets, induction stove, ref, safety deposit box, ceiling fan. Although the hotel doesn't have a good view to offer, the modern and comfortable room makes it up for it.
Do check out their restaurant "Tradisyon" where you will take your breakfast or even dinner. They serve good food.
Friendly and pleasant staff. Highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Me and my bf went in Baguio and we always stay here! The location of the hotel is very quiet and peaceful, so its really a great place to rest. And the staff are very accommodating! A little bit pricy though, but reasonable.

Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Kate M
Manila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have traveled Baguio on several occasions, either as one day traveler or overnight stayer. The last time I spent three days in Baguio was when I was still in high school on a transient house. From transient houses, I also tried sleeping in an econotel or budgeted hotel in the city. Also been to one of the 3 star hotel there when I went up North last October 2013.

This time around, exactly at the same time the Panagbenga Festival was celebrated, me and a bunch of bloggers from Manila, Cebu, and our host from Cordillera, spent a 3D/2N stay at Azalea Residences. Our group from Manila stayed in one of the 2BR Suites room. We were four at that time. You can even cook your won meal because the set-up is like you're staying at home with kitchen. It even have two bathrooms.

I can say that Azalea Residences stands up to what it tries to project. A warm, nice, comfortable, affordable, etc. With amenities of a service type apartment plus 5 star hotel qualities, Azalea residences is truly a perfect place in Baguio. Oh yes, they do have Wi-Fi, and it's free!

One thing though. This hotel doesn't have an air-con, only a ceiling fan. What??? 5 star quality without air-con? Are you serious?! Yes, I am serious. Because THIS IS BAGUIO, remember? Gotcha!!! When we went there last February, it was a 17 degree Celsius temperature in the morning. So who needs air-con anyway?

It's also near the main hustle and bustle area, which is the Session Road, where you'll find commercial establishments and of course, SM City Baguio. You may choose to ride a taxi for Php 50 initial flag down, or simply walk and enjoy the breezy temperature of the city.

Azalea Residences also have a nice restaurant catering buffet breakfast for guests. Don't forget your Double Omelette when you dined at Tradisyon Coffee Shop located at the ground floor of this hotel.

Front desk and service staff are wonderful.

Bottom-line, Azalea Residences made our stay comfy and relaxing. I will sure to come back again. Definitely. Positively.

Room Tip: Pick the best part of the rooms that has a nice veranda or terrace view. Also log-in to their websit...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank daJUANtraveler
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

The place is by no means luxurious but satisfactory for a quick stay. It is relatively new and I would give the cleanliness/upkeep a rating of 4. The room was a decent size with a queen bed and a pull-out sofa bed for a capacity of 3. The bed was comfy enough but the sofa bed would only be good for a child (thin mattress and not too sturdy frame which tended to make the bed sink a little in the middle). I liked that there was a small kitchenette with microwave and sink and a small bar type table. It was a pity that the bathroom was tiny. The sink area hardly had any space to put your toiletries on. There was also no hook to hang towels/bathrobes on, although they should be able to remedy this easily. One thing I won't do is put my clothes on the toilet seat cover but this seemed the option when there was no place to hang them (instead I brought in a clothes hanger and hung my stuff from the towel rack.) The buffet breakfast that was included in the room price (hence it came out pretty cheap) was also just okay. It wasn't bad but nothing special. Selection was 3 different kinds of breakfast meats, an egg station, pancakes to order (although when we went down at 6.30am we were told they weren't serving this til 7am! annoying), congee, cereals and limited fruits (pity considering this is Baguio, the produce capital). They didn't have decaf coffee either (c'mon, you're in Baguio, you should do coffee and fruits right, at least!) That makes their breakfast for me, although not bad, only 3 stars. Overall, the service was good and cheerful. Housekeeping was prompt with our requests (extra towel, pitcher of water for the coffee). I would say we had a pretty good stay. I would consider staying here again 1) for the price paid (a little more than half of what I would pay at the Manor) 2) to be just a little closer to town/just to crash for the night (we got in around midnight) 3) only in a front-facing room with a view, preferably on a higher floor (I would still want to wake up to the sight of the mountains and pine trees even if we did check out right after breakfast).

Room Tip: Choose only a front-facing room. I hear you will be dismayed by the view at the back.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hav4wannatravel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

The room is on the ground floor with an ugly window view on 2 sides. The room was well designed and functional with all amenities including kitchen with modern stove, microwave, ref and cooking utensils and their cabinets were nice. I was disappointed when there was no aircon although it was cold even without using the ceiling fan. If you are on Smart cel network you will most often have no signal. Their free wifi was frustratingly slow specially approaching nighr time. The parking was in the basement With no elevator just stairs so if you have things to bring to your room your blood pressure will shoot up. The free breakfast was great though for a local but maybe not if you are a foreigner. Lots of courteous staff so service was fast. I got a 40% discount online thats why the value was ok otherwise I would not get it again for the regular price.

• Stayed March 2013
Makati, Rizal, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Azalea Residences is perfect for group tourists. We were grou of 10 when we visited Baguio last February for the Panagbenga 2013.

Hotel staff were awesome. Food is great - you should not miss the omelet. Internet is intermittent though.

No aircon! Haha. No need because its cold in Baguio.. Rooms are clean, restrooms are neat..

Room Tip: Choose the room with "view"!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends