“Great Value Convenient Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Chalet Baguio

Chalet Baguio
Ranked #10 of 94 Baguio B&B and Inns
Yeppoon, Queensland, Australia
“Great Value Convenient Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

I was traveling with a group of 14 on my trip to Baguio. A friend chose this hotel online and we stayed for two nights. The rooms were well appointed and very clean. The staff were very polite and helpful and the food was very good. We had a great time in the KTV lounge and also had a sensational meal at the Korean restaurant next door. The hotel is a short walk to the local SM shopping centre and you can easily catch a jeepney nearby for exploring further afield. I strongly recommend you put this one on your list.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Richard F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

We got the cheapest room. There was no view but the room itself looked amazing for the price. The staff are really attentive and they greet you every single time. I have to admit that only the shower had hot water which meant that washing your face in the sink instantly froze your skin. Breakfast was a very limited eat-all-you can buffet if you eat between 6am to 10am. If you're bringing a car, parking is not a problem since they have free valet. In our last night, the basement parking was already full so they parked my car inside the school across the hotel.

My best experience with the hotel is with the booking process. I had booked a room for one night 3-months in advance. A couple of weeks ago I decided to book an extra night because I saw that they had a 20% discount promo. Not only did they respond quickly but they also applied the same 20% to the original night I had already paid for without me asking for it.

Room Tip: Avoid getting room 518 because the window opens to the smoking area. The room was very private so no...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Kiama, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Where do I begin?

Free WiFi was intermittent & even when it did work it was very slow. Complained on numerous times & they would reset the server, but it never improved. In the end I went & got a SMARTBRO USB load so I could access my emails & do online banking.

Included Breakfast – very limited set menu Continental, American & Filipino. The was no juice or cereals available foe any breakfast selection - hardly true Continental or American. First day asked for ham & eggs (no ham that day), second day same thing….. Asked for Corn Beef instead, got the egg delivered but no corn beef, also had to ask where my toast was as they had forgotten that too. Speaking of toast, it basically came out as soft bread which may have been waved over a hotplate but definitely with no colour from toasting. Butter & Jam supplied but no knife to spread it unless specifically asked for. Not easy to spread butter & vegemite on toast using a spoon.

Dinner was served warm at best - only ate there the first night & that was enough. Baguio has plenty of nice restaurants in the city (eg Hill Station) & the taxi fare is only 50PHP.

Toilet tissue – never had spare in room always had to ring if you ran out.

Room Tip: Superior Room which has plenty of space, including chaise lounge, small table & chairs for a mea...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Baguio hotels

Makati City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

I booked a room in this hotel supposedly for Mother's day, however plans changed and the staffs of Chalet were very kind and understanding enough. Anyhow, we rescheduled our trip to Baguio in Father's Day instead. By the time we checked-in, I was very happy by how the hotel staffs welcomed us and assisted us until we get to our room. Infrastructure-wise, the hotel seems new to me (though it wasn't), very clean and well-maintained. This is a non-smoking building, they have a designated area at the lobby where you can smoke. Food is also good, you have the choice whether you like your breakfast Filipino style or Western. The location of the hotel, although it's not close to the very busy part of the city, is still just a ride away to most places where you would like to visit.

Overall, we were very satisfied during our stay there and definitely will book a room should we visit the area again.

Room Tip: Choose the lower ground rooms for a sound sleep.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank grittygrazh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

It was during the onset of typhoon Odette in Batanes when I got here at Chalet Baguio. It was just a chance stay coz I usually check in in another hotel, yet it was the best thing that ever happened to me.

The place was simply PERPECT. The room was so clean. The people are so nice it was like coming home. The food was great specially the Paella! If there was a 6 star rating they truly deserve it.

The people in Dulcinea was specially nice. They treat you like a long lost friend, they welcome you with their sweetest smile.. specially the tall girl, she was so kind to us...

Overall this place was simply perfect.

• Stayed September 2013
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

So here I am agen this time I'm in Baguio Philippines ppl that flow me on here will know what I'm talking about so this hotel is very nice the view u get in the back rooms is SO nice the rooms is not that big but is very clean and nice staff good aircon and its cheep at around 1500 to 5000 a night but deers all ways dales on not a lot of food to pick from and the showers are cold but whit this view u c every day and night makes up for it few things this hotel needs to work on but all in all its nice wont go wrong this hotel be good for ppl that just want to chill out or for couples on a weekend away

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I arrived at 4:30 am and found myself having to knock on the glass door because both the guard and receptionist were sleeping. Checking in, the receptionist couldn't figure out which room was booked for me. (My room was reserved not by my office but by a corporate client.) To keep things simple (it was 4 am and I was already sleepy) we just agreed that I be provisionally put in a room similar to the rooms reserved in her record just so I could initially check in. She would just figure out which one was booked for me.

Incidentally, early check in has a fee, which is 30% of your room rate.

Later in the day, a more efficient staff member had figured out which room had been reserved for me based on the same information I had already told the other receptionist. In their confusion, they also failed to tell me initially that I had free breakfast vouchers for two mornings.

While everyone in the staff was earnest and helpful, some were a little unintentionally inefficient.

The elevator had a funny smell. The room was also quite dark, as there were only few yellow lights, all of which were dim. The room was also quite cramped with little space to put one's things on. The heater and shower head did not work. At least the bed was huge and comfortable enough and the air conditioner was working.

That Dulcinea was the restaurant in its lobby was probably one of the good things about Chalet Hotel. But the service was still not too great. The two sets of free breakfast I mentioned earlier? Since they only figured out after I checked out that I was entitled to two vouchers of breakfast, I asked that the other set of breakfast be instead packed for take out. Even in packing they were inefficient as they failed to pack utensils and include the drink.

Overall, Chalet Baguio only had to offer a bed to lie in and a roof over one's head during one's stay in Baguio.

The staff has to be commended for their earnestness in wanting to help, but so much improvement has to be made to make them efficient.

The rooms could use brighter lights, too.

• Stayed June 2013