“Great hotel, variety breakfast!”
Review of Chalet Baguio

Chalet Baguio
Ranked #8 of 97 Baguio B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I highly recommend this! Great hotel, great choice of breakfast!Nice music while havin breakfast! Nearby SM Baguio Mall. Me n my bf, we walked to the mall. Nice weather too fer walks. Sleep well here too!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 30, 2013

It was our trip last year, I had chosen Chalet Baguio as our next day hotel after our stay inn Mine's View Park Hotel. It was a right choice, the hotel room is clean, nice, complete and comfortable. Best of all, I love their Dulcinea food service which has a mini restaurant at the lobby. If we would go back to Baguio, I will still chose to stay there. Near SM, bus terminals, has a car park, accomodating reception. It's practically new and affordable. Highly recommended

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Easy to book by internet – which is not always the case in the Philippines – followed by quick e-mail confirmation. We found the hotel to be pleasant with basic facilities. Room was small, well maintained and clean. Bathroom also small with electric shower which provided just adequate warm water. Cable TV with good selection of channels. The staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was included in the room price and offered 2 choices of Filipino breakfasts and two of western breakfasts. My wife and I tried all the breakfasts and they were of reasonable quality and adequate size. Coffee from an urn is self-service and free all day. All food is served in a small dining area next to the reception desk with a Spanish/Filipino al-a-carte menu for lunch and dinner. Basement parking for about 6 cars and forecourt parking for 4 cars with 24 hour security. A reasonable quality budget hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed at Chalet Baguio last month and were very happy with it. We got a deluxe twin and a standard room. The website pictures are very accurate.

Pros: 1. The deluxe twin had an excellent view of treetops. There were 2 twin beds and a couch that was big enough to act as a bed. Bring extra sheets and a blanket if you intend to use it for a third person. The windows were large enough to let a lot of fresh air in.
2. The standard room was a lot smaller with no view other than a lovely rock garden that guests can access from the hall. It's a nice spot to sit and read a book.
3. The bathrooms are very clean. Basic toiletries are provided such as soap, shampoo and toothbrushes.
4. Breakfast is basic and filling for small eaters. There are usually 2 choices in the morning, and coffee at a corner table is unlimited. Hot chocolate was served at the table and was refilled. Coffee is available in the lobby the whole day, so you can bring your own mug/flask if you'd like to enjoy it in your room.
5. The rooms are clean and not overpowered by the scent of freshener or bleach. The main lobby is also clean with nice interiors. Each hotel floor is simply decorated with a console table and two wing chairs at the landing.
6. The location is very good. It is less than 5 minutes to John Hay by car, and around 8 minutes to SM without traffic. Good that it's far from Session Road, which gets noisy.
7. The staff is friendly and helpful

CONS: 1. The water heaters in the bathrooms are low-tech and, I would say, dangerous to operate. They are not automatic. You would have to turn the water on first, then the heater. Do the reverse to shut off. Have this fear of kids getting electrocuted if they had to do that.
2. There is a KTV at the lowest level, and the muffled sounds still echo up to the rooms. We wanted to sleep with the window open but had to shut them because of the noise.
3. (This is the BUT) Everything went smoothly until our checkout. After inspection of the rooms by housekeeping, we were told that there was the smell of smoke in one of the rooms, as if to imply that we violated the No Smoking .hotel policy and had to pay the penalty. This was the total turn-off. First of all, the bathroom in the standard room already had that smell when we checked in. Secondly, they failed to consider that if a smoker entered the room, the smell on his clothes would permeate the room. Third, the smokers in our group would smoke in front of the hotel, in full view of the guard. We had to get him as a witness to prove that all smoking was done outside the hotel. I just didn't like that we were made to feel like criminals at the end of a lovely vacation.

Room Tip: Get a room on the highest floor possible so you won't hear the KTV. Ask for one at the back of...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Simple_Traveller207
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I booked a reservation for our 3d 2n stay on Bagiuo on their official website using my cc last Thursday. They sent me a booking confirmation that same night through my email. I've even checked my email again the next day to thoroughly read the content of my booking. I've got some clarifications to make with the details they stated i.e. the breakfast will be served on the first day ( which based on their regulations the check in time will be 2pm) and the 2nd day only. That day I forgot to call them regarding my clarification. This morning, I opened again my email only to find out that they sent an email again last Saturday stating that my cc was declined. I was alarmed and called my bank about the transactions made within the past few days and I was shocked to find out that there was a transaction made for online booking to another hotel without my knowledge. They were the only transaction I made online and yet my cc was compromised. Another thing that bothers me is they already sent me a booking confirmation then 2 days after they sent me an email telling me that the transaction was not successful? How come? I called their office to inquire about this and they are asking me again for my card number. This is the first time I've experienced this kind of online booking system.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amleht0419
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed at the Chalet for 7 nights total during our visit to Baguio. Over all the experience was really good. The staff at this hotel were friendly and helpful at all times, and made sure that we had a comfortable, and enjoyable visit. It took only a few minutes to figure out how to use the on-demand hot water system, and it was not a problem at all. The meals we had at the hotel, were all great. Very clean and comfortable suites, and facilities. The location of this hotel is not close to the area attractions, but a cab ride, or jeepney is a simple way to get around town.
The concierge staff helped us at all times, to get transportation, and always greeted us, and our visitors with a smile and kindness. We will return to Chalet Baguio, and recommend this hotel to anyone who plans to visit Baguio City. Leonor/ Rob..from Canada

Room Tip: superior room overlooking the street
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed there for one night with a friend. The staff on average were quite friendly. The guard at the front was very rude however - I would talk in English, and he would completely ignore me and speak in Tagalog to my friend. He assumed she was Pinoy, when she's in fact Indonesian.

The location wasn't great, as it isn't really walking distance from SM and the main street. You can however take a Jeep going straight there.

The room was clean. The shower however didn't even have hot water, I can't even say the water was luke warm, it was simply cold. Which was very disappointing.

The breakfast included was "okay". I wouldn't say to completely avoid the place, but try to find somewhere else if you can.

Room Tip: I don't know if any of the rooms have a view, but if they do, ask for one. We looked onto a smal...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple