“New home at Baguio”
Review of Chalet Baguio

Chalet Baguio
Ranked #11 of 96 Baguio B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We were booked in a premier suite with my family, the room is very spacious, super clean and with a very nice and relaxing view of the mountains it has everything ref, coffee table, flat screen, day bed sofa and another sofa with leg rest which is the favorite of my husband while watching TV. What I like most is the toilet is separated from the shower room, at least two persons at the same time using the shower and the toilet. The breakfast is very simple (by dulcinea) my children liked the chorizo and my husband is very happy with the unlimited coffee. The only problem we had experienced, the wifi is weak its good that we had our broadband. The staff are very accommodating and friendly special mention to Andrew and Ana (thank you for the stapler). Over all experienced was great and I think I found new home at Baguio, the Chalet.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank deniseruth
There are newer reviews for Chalet Baguio

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I just wanted to give this hotel a two-thumbs up! Stayed here with my hubby for a long-weekend holiday getaway. I forgot the name of the taxi driver who brought us in, but I certainly thank him fot this. We were going to check in at Manor but they were fully-booked, but this was an awesome treat! Chalet Baguio has very nice, boutique-style rooms, with free breakfast from Dulcinea and over-flowing of coffee. I only have one wish - to fix their Wifi :( in the rooms... They have great connection in the lobby though... So Over-all experience was awesome :)

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ruth J
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Check in time at 2pm, but we got there 9-ish in the morning) we paid extra 30% of the room rate to check in earlier.

We got a Premier Suite. It has everything a boutique hotel has. Comfy bed, cable tv, hot shower, sofa, chairs and table, dresser, closet and small fridge. They also have kettle for boiling water, and hair dryer. WIFI access is weak (two bars max) and the access card is quite dilapidated and needs laminating anew. Toilet is a cramped with the door almost banging on the toilet bowl. Same goes with the shower (they got the toilet, separated from bath, by the way). Perhaps, if the doors were made to slide, it will never be a problem for bigger people.

The room is generally clean, with good view of the mountains and residential houses. Service crew are always smiling and accommodating, most especially Ana, who received us.

Breakfast is with Dulcinea, so one can expect it's a bit pricey. Breakfast are simple to elaborate, but one can always experiment and just take a cab going to Session Road to eat. Since it was raining all day during our stay, we love our corners in the cafe, while enjoying our hot chocolates.

Thank you, Chalet Baguio.

Room Tip: Premier Suite is so near to the reception area, so it's easy to get hot coffee (free) and take i...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank aiz j
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The first night we stayed in a deluxe double room because no standard rooms were available. We then transferred the second night. The only difference in the rooms was the size, the deluxe being slightly larger with a lounge chair taking the extra space - not worth the difference in money. The rooms are clean and modern-looking, very acceptable for a budget hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The free breakfasts were decent, but small. The only downside is that most of the rooms have no view, even to the point of the windows being frosted. The a/c units outside the rooms make a LOT of noise, especially as they come on. Also, the beds are rather firm and not great, but that is true everywhere in Philippines. Overall, I would recommend this hotel over any others I've stayed at in Baguio for the money.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheAsianTraveler
Reviewed July 4, 2012

The location was awesome! Twas in a quiet area in the city but still near to SM Baguio, Burnham Park and commercial areas, if you wouldn't mind walking for 20mins. Along the way, you will see casual dining restaurants and bars and other hotels. The reception area was cozy, the hotel houses a Dulcinea Coffe shop, which serves free coffee 24/7. There's a security guard and staff that will greet you and help you with your luggage (coz some of the hotels in Baguio we've been to were not that helpful). The staff were also very helpful and entertaining. The hallway has decorative pieces and chairs and even the inside of the elevator has wooden floorings! There was a pocket zen garden on our floor (2nd flr) for smokers. The room has a vey welcoming ambiance, smell was nice, there was a flat lcd tv with cable, closet with mirror, shelves for stuff, the bedside lamp was nice (made of Durian shell), the toilet&bathroom was heavenly clean and it was big enough for a medium-size person like me. The faucet was working and so were the hot&cold shower, all lights, tv, lamp and there was enough toiletries for me and my husband and there was a complimentary bottled water. There was a service phone, though we didn't try if it was working. The hotel has a massage service too. We had our complimentary breakfast and because Dulcinea was their inhouse, the food was expectedly delicious. I guess, after so many years of going to Baguio, we definitely found our home there-Chalet Baguio.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank babyjazz
Reviewed June 15, 2012

It was the start of rainy season when we visited Baguio so we ended up staying mostly in the room. The room was okay for the price. It is modernly designed, functional and accessible. Moreover it is cozy, comfortable and very clean. If you'd compare the options in the area that you can get for the same amount, this is definitely the best choice. However location-wise, it is far from the main attractions which is a so-so; good if you wan't to relax and just enjoy the room and the view quietly, and not so if you'd like something which is very accesible. The only thing that turned me off is the lady who served breakfast in the hall. She doesn't seem very willing to serve and friendly- even made me feel that she's selective in the people that she'd a good service to. I wished she had more training. The food could've been masked by a good service but because of the one who served breakfast I wished they'd provide more beverage options and better serving proportions. Overall the experience was great! I loved the room, staff are friendly (except the one I mentioned) and price is okay. I would most definetely visit and stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alfie M
Reviewed May 30, 2012

great new hotel with a modern design. staff were friendly. room was cozy and complete with basic amenities - warm blanket, safety deposit box, flat screen tv, strong wifi signal. there's also dulcinea downstairs which is very convenient :)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business