“Horrible & Terrible Experience” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pine Breeze Cottages

Pine Breeze Cottages
Ranked #13 of 56 Specialty Lodging in Baguio
Manila, Philippines
“Horrible & Terrible Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

My family and I had a very horrible experience with this Pine Breeze Cottages last December 2013. I got my full payment paid way in advance and got our reservation confirmed days before we left Manila on December 27. Upon arrival at 9:30 p.m. I was told we do not have any accommodation and they could not also accommodate us anymore because they are fully booked.

The Resident Manager at that time knew very well someone from their side made a huge mistake in handling our reservation. My whole family consisting of 6 adults and 4 childrens (aged 7, 4, 3 and my 10-month old grandchildren) involuntarily suffered the chilling cold, hunger and exhausting traffics. We have to bear the mental torture and anguish brought about by the incompetence of their staff specifically their Manila booking office.

Pine Breeze Cottages spoiled our Baguio City vacation and this horrible experience made us cast doubt to consider Philippines in our next vacation plans.

Horrible experience courtesy of incompetent people.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
16 Thank Denis Y

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

Been to Baguio every year for the past 12 years. And last last week, I tried checking in here(as a change from hotels).

Room: Very Clean and spacious
Sorroundings: It is a hotel/lodge inside a park. There are open huts that is available from everyone to use. You can do your inuman sessions here or other stuffs.
Staff: Super friendly. Even better than most hotel staffs in Baguio
Price: Super cheap!!!!

Rate: 9/10

Tip: When checking in, avoid the rooms/cottages that starts with an "F"(F1, F2 etc), it's the older rooms and the location is not the good - it's beside the main road(Bokawkan) and is very noisy.

Will I come back here? Definitely and shall I say I already found my home away from home when visiting Baguio!

Room Tip: Do not get rooms that starts with the letter 'F'.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
8 Thank Mitch J
Luzon, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

We were so happy to have found this place because of the awful first night we had at another place that we immediately booked 3 rooms (10 adults 2 kids) Each room can accomodate 5 persons. Some rooms have a kitchen with pans and utensils so you can cook your own food. We ate at the table outside our rooms overlooking trees and houses. The rooms and bathrooms were clean. Beds comfy, clean blankets and towels. They dont provide soaps, toothpaste etc so bring your own. Parking s not a problem.

Tips:
Ask for the newly renovated rooms. The first cottage shown to us smelled weird and old.

Make sure that youve locked the door and dont leave ANYTHING outside. Seriously, my brother's boots (who would steal shoes?)]were stolen and we think one of the guests from the other room took em :-\

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank jbdr
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Finally agreed to daughter's request to spend her 13th birthday at Baguio City. Becoz of the good reviews here, and the cooking amenities of Pine Breeze, we decided to stay here. As we are travelling as a family, cooking your own food is a plus, becoz its a big saver. One more thing I like about this place, is they have a Manila office, which I can contact and make kulit anytime (with no additional charges). In a span of one week after my first inquiry, the place was almost fully booked, so I immediately booked the only cottage left-Cottage H2. So lesson #1, book early. I was quite disappointed becoz I cannot choose my preferred cottage anymore, but it also gave me good vibes, becoz the place is easily occupied, so it means it’s that good. Although the accommodation do not have aircon, but the Baguio weather fully compensate for it! We stayed for 2n/3d, and it was superb!!! The people in the Manila office were so accommodating, they will answer every questions you will have. The staff at the location are also oh so friendly, especially the owner, which for the life of me, forgot the good man’s name..The location is good, just outside the market and park area, which means less noisy, but it’s just a jeepney ride away from all of it. Just around the corner is a gas station, on the other side is a water refilling station and a bakery with good old hot pandesal in the morning. Cooking utensils are clean and well-kept, extra blankets and pillows are supplied for free. Food and supplies are a little bit more expensive than actual price, but then convenience stores are just a jog away. We didn’t get the tv working, but then its ok as we brought our own dvd player and we were out most of the time anyways. They can also arrange their personnel to be your tour guide. Housekeeping can be requested anytime of the day. The place is also well-kept, love the garden arches and parking is sufficient enough. would love to go back to this place anytime!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank MarZhang
Taguig City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

Been here last Dec. 11-16, 2012, used their Cottage B2. I arrived late @ night, maybe around 11PM or 12 MN, but was still warmly accomodated by the receptionist. The room was spacious enough that my 3 kids even have a space to play inside. (room was advertise as max of 5pax, but for me it can accomodate even 6 adults, maybe for an extra charge, I didn't bother to ask). Cleanliness is just average, just enough on what you pay for but kitchen and dining facilities is complete, but there are only 2 chairs inside the room, so only 2 person can eat on the dining table, unless you ask for extra chairs.. Cable TV reception is just enough for you to have an entertainment while relaxing, but don't expect too many channels like those we have here in Metro Manila. Hot & Cold shower is average but you'll notice that it has been intalled long time ago,the room is not soundproof. However, the place is quite far from the hustle and bustle of the city, maybe around 20-30 mins walk to reach the downtown. 5-10 mins by cab from Victory Liner terminal, nearest convenience store is about 10-15mins walk. All in all the place is very relaxing, if you're into nightlifes, "just make sure na magtitira ka ng pang-uwi as you might reach La Trinidad without any plans", but I'm pretty sure, all cab drivers know this place, just tell them the name of the road where it's located. BTW, it seems that they are strict in terms of late check out, specially during peak season, but you can still bargain it with them and they will gladly discuss it with you.

Website: www.pinebreezebaguio.com

Room Tip: Bring your own toiletries, bath towel, dishwashing liquid and rug. Check the linens as it ay have so...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank tammy0523
Dumaguete City, Dumaguete, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

Wonderful and lot of fun experienced. We stayed their last November 29 - December 1, 2012. Cottages are very nice. Surroundings are very clean. Staffs are very accommodating. Wonderful views and nice tourist spots.Very very cold climate.Perfect for family vacation.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Germelina Sheil... F
Pateros, Rizal, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

Stayed here during the Panagbenga Festival, Feb 25-26, 2012. Place is very affordable at 2,800 for large groups, we were 7. Staff were courteous and friendly and the place is perfect for unwinding.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends