“From harrison road to gen. luna extension”
Review of Rose Bowl

Rose Bowl
Ranked #27 of 333 Restaurants in Baguio
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Baguio City, Philippines
“From harrison road to gen. luna extension”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

this chinese resto used to be at harrison road beside tiongsan harrison but now its located at gen luina extension near teahcer;s camp rotonda near the famous 50's diner resto. unlike in harrison road, the resto now has wide parking spaces. if you love chinese food & you're in groups or family, the food and place is so nice

Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Manila, Philippines
“We always eat here whenever we are in Baguio”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

You should be starving if you decide to eat here coz their menu is definitely filling.
We ordered chicken asparagus soup, large fried rice, crispy pata, large chopsuey, asado and iced tea - paid P1,594 for all of these.

Visited May 2013
los angeles
“Chinese food with a view”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My friends took me to this restaurant remarking that it had recently moved from downtown Baguio.
this location apparently has much better parking and has a nice view to boot. We ordered a number of dishes to share family style and the food was quite good. Definitely worth a visit if you are in the area! The price was quite reasonable as well.

• Visited May 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good to the last spoonfull”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The restaurant's layout is open, airy and light. It makes it feel so fresh and cool. The wait staff is also quite attentive, so getting someone's attention is not a problem. I was also told that some of the staff has been there since the very beginning of the business which told me that the owners properly care for their staff if they've stayed for over 40 years! Their sign says that they've been open since 1969.

Now, to the good part. The food. No matter what vegetable dish you order, the veggies remain nice and crisp. Not cooked to death like so many other restaurants in the Philippines. Also, the seasoning is light, and some people might take that as being bland, but I think that it's nice how it highlights the flavors of the ingredients instead of masking them with overpowering sauces, that you can't even tell if you're eating chicken, fish or meat or whatever veggies there are.

I thoroughly enjoyed the patatim which is a Chinese pot-roasted porkleg. The meat is so tender and the sauce complements the pork so perfectly. The watercress also add texture to the dish. And since I never miss out on eating noodles whenever I'm in a Chinese restaurant, I tried a crispy noodle dish choosing the egg noodle over the glass noodle as my option. The noodles were definitely crispy and I was delightedly surprised to find that it was not greasy at all. Eating the noodles by itself or with the sauteed julienned vegetables is equally yummy. My last order was a steamed whole fish with their special soy sauce (it's not just plain soy sauce folks). The fish was fresh and cooked perfectly and the sauce was a surprise it was the perfect mix of salty, sweet and just this yummy savory taste that didn't over power that taste of the fish.

All in all my companions and I were thoroughly satisfied with our experience and will definitely come to eat here again if we're ever in this part of the world. I highly recommend this place to anyone who wishes to eat good Chinese (Cantonese Style) Cuisine in a country outside of China.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank dana h
Manila, Philippines
“baguio's fave”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

this chinese resto moved from harrison st. to a new building somewhere near upper session.
Food is consistently good and one can not leave Baguio without eating there.
It makes vacation complete.

Visited May 2013