Horrible! It is situated along a street where big trucks pass. Either you have to close your windows and get suffocated (no aircon) or open the windows and just count the trucks that pass by.
- Free Parking
- Breakfast included
I had little expectations for this hotel as we were there on a budget. However, I found that I do have minimum standard requirements particularly on comfort.
The rooms were not soundproof. I could here every door slam, click, chat, laughter, footsteps all on my floor. They also have kareoke area at the lobby downstairs audible to me from my perch on the 5th floor. Amusing and entertaining when a gifted singer takes the mic but terribly annoying when a wailer hogs it too. And this is bothersome when you need a good rest before starting off on a long day ahead.
On a plus side, I found dining at the restaurant by the lobby delicious and the people friendly.
It's been almost 4years since I went here in Baguio. It was a school trip during my college years in STI Calamba. We checked in at Pines View Hotel wherein me and my classmates are in one room.
I can say that the hotel is very good; good in service, good in quality. The area don't need airconditioning anymore since the place itself is cold.
We had our set meals all throught the tour. We visited several scenic spots such as Camp John Hay, Strawberry Farm, SM Baguio,etc.
During our stay, we saw multitude number of Koreans situated in Baguio. I think they love the cool climate their.
What I loved mostly was SM Baguio which is really fantastic that you could imagine a whole department store which is really but not running an airconditioning unit. HEHE ;)
Baguio is really fun.
nice lobby, comfy lounges in every floors, country style-like food lounge, clean rooms but dim lights & old carpet; we went there off peak so they had a discount for employed guests, they will ask for a company id.
Actually I'm still in Pines View as I write this. It's my third day but I'll be transferring to another hotel later. I'll just enumerate the pluses and minuses of this hotel.
1. Very friendly and accommodating staff -- from the managers, front desk, guard, bellboys
2. Fast wi-fi service in the room
3. The hotel facade and lobby look fantastic at night. The wonderful lighting gives it a rustic charm
4. The interior of the restaurant is quaint and lovely
5. Floor-to-ceiling glass windows at the lobby gives a perfect view of Baguio
6. Along the main road of Legarda
7. Basic toiletries are provided - shampoo, lotion, soap, and toothbrush and toothpaste
8. Pillows are just the way I like it -- soft and flat
9. Comforter is good enough to give me a good night sleep
1. There are other hotels nearby which offer better rooms at lower prices
2. Another hotel is being constructed beside Pines View and the noise in the morning is quite disturbing. The site is also an eye sore
3. Location is a bit far from the main action. Not exactly within the city center but neither is it in the more picturesque part of Baguio
4. The room I had is quite dark and the layout isn't good. The other rooms are better though
5. Quite noisy since I couldn't close my veranda door to block the sounds of vehicles passing and the conversations of the people outside
6. There is only one control for all the lights in my room, thus, I couldn't have it dimmed
7. Free breakfast is so-so. Only two choices on my first day -- ham or tocino with rice or bread with one fried egg and two slices of watermelon plus coffee, tea or orange juice. The problem is I don't eat red meat so I had to content myself with the toasted bread, egg, and butter.
8. Bathroom is nice but should be cleaned properly. I saw a dead moth underneath the sliding door of the shower and an empty shampoo sachet.
9. Towels are old and rough to the skin
10. Not exactly the kind of hotel I would bring my clients to
It was our first time to stay with this hotel, first of all it was suggested by my neice who lives in Baguio, since the first hotel of my choice is fully booked already. I would say that I am not impressed with the room itself the bed is so small for 2 of us I asked if the bed is for 2 persons because the first moment I entered the room I said wow is this a single bed but according to them its queen size but I dont think so I have been to different hotels and the bed is really small and the room is located at the back, when I check the pillow casing I saw a black soil stain inside something like it fell down and just pick it up, dirty carpet, stainds in the wall I dont know what kind of stain it is and a dusty closet. I am actually a type of customer where in first impression lasts from the room itself lets go to the free breakfast the food was terribly cold garlic rice and longganisa and egg which I think was pre-pared earlier and coffee where in I dont know what kind of coffee its is and honestly after breakfast my stomach started to feel different and I have it a full day so I didnt have the mood and energy to walk around Baguio, luckyly my neice is a nurse and gave me medicines and asked me what did I ate earlier that could have cause to upset my stomach, and I just remembered that the free breakfast is the last thing that I have ate prior to my stomach discomfort. My wife agreed that it was a bad choice and experience for 2,500 we could have found a better room.