“A cozy retreat in cool Baguio” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Park Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Baguio
Holiday Park Hotel
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Baguio
Manila, Philippines
“A cozy retreat in cool Baguio”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

For a double room at PHP1,800 net, Holiday Park offers among the best deals in town.

This is my 5th stay in this hotel in less than 2 years, either for business trips or family holidays. Every time the hotel does not fail to meet my expectations. Its rooms are spacious and have plenty of cabinets (useful to holiday makers), the beddings comfortable with firm mattresses, the bathrooms are slightly larger than average, the lobby has a welcoming ambience, and overall maintenance of facilities is good. The staff are friendly and helpful.

Although the room rate does not come with breakfast, brewed coffee and water from a dispenser are complimentary round the clock. Two complimentary water bottles available in all rooms. WiFi too is available everywhere in the hotel. In addition, a PC is available in the lobby for hotel guests' use.

The hotel can form part of any travellers' wonderful time in Baguio. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank nav795

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 3 days last Oct 15-17. This was the second time we booked Holiday Park.

We enjoyed our stay a lot since the hotel was very clean and spacious. The beddings were well made and soft to touch, and the staff was very efficient.

They have a way of making your stay warm and comfortable despite the cold Baguio air. Although without breakfast meal plans, the hotel is worth the rate you will pay. Compared to other hotels, this hotel is the best in price and in amenities.

The only comment that isnt too great is the hot water. There are times that the water isnt hot enough but hey, you dont go to Baguio for the shower dont you? And the hotel staff might want to lower their voices down while passing the rooms since the sound is carried from the outside to inside quite easily.

Overall the experience was very good and the location is great. It is close to Central Park where you can get a delicious repast and close to several bars just right for an evening out.

Kudos HOliday Park Hotel! We will be back! :)

Room Tip: get a room with a view facing the front
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank jana j
Quezon City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

I stayed at this hotel fr. Aug. 17 to 19, 2011 together with my "boss" as we were on a business trip. I made the decision to stay here based on the reviews that I read at Trip Advisor and the discount (Rainy Days promo) that the hotel offered. I initially wanted to stay at Hotel Veniz as I have been there for two (2) different times but the price difference swayed me to try Holiday Park Hotel even though the rate is exclusive of free breakfast.

The moment I entered the lobby, I felt that I made the right decision since we were greeted by the warm hospitality shown by its staff. The check-in was fast and we were quickly ushered in to our room, which caught me by surprise. It was unexpectedly huge enough to fit three (3) persons (with an additional bed). it came with a dresser and a cabinet, which was useful to us as we were able to hang our polos. The choice of color for the flooring was grey wood parquet that added a touch of elegance to the room ambiance instead of the traditional carpet not to mention it is easier to spot dirt on a wooded floor but trust me, housekeeping did a job job in cleaning the room.

Likewise, the hotel provided the following amenities: slippers, soap & shampoo, and toothbrush kit. Loved the pillows as they were not that soft (my preference) though would have preferred if each bed had a pair. The bed was neither soft nor hard, just right for me to have a quality sleep for two (2) nights.

My only complaint and as previously written is the lack of a "hot" water in the shower area. It was more of a warm water when I took a shower but would have preferred a little inc. in temp. The bathroom by the way, is of better quality than Hotel Veniz as shower area is enclosed by a glass sliding door thus preventing water from seeping out (kinda OC about it).

Lastly, the wifi inside the room was strong as I was able to access my email thru my phone as well as the net. However, I chose to preserve the battery of my phone and opted to use the desktop computer at the lobby of the hotel which was free of charge.

Will definitely be back this Oct. but with my fiance for pure R & R.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
11 Thank decarte
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

I stayed here for nearly 2 weeks in Aug 2011. At best it would only count as a 3 star because it has no restaurant (but has a breakfast area) or bar.

But the positives are that it is very modern and clean with great service from the staff. In the rainy season it's only 1380p a night which is good.

It also has free internet but as usual in the Phils it goes down a lot. Unlimited coffee in the breakfast area all day is a nice touch as there is a big TV there that you can watch if waiting for anyone in the lobby.

The downside is that there is another building being built right behind this hotel, to be fair it was right outside my window but the worst that happened was I was woke maybe 30 mins before i would have liked..... no big deal really. I'm not sure how it will be over the next few months though.

I would stay here again even with the building work but I would request a room at the front, the double glazing works well.

Overall a good, modern clean hotel with great service, worth a stay.

Room Tip: probably best to get a room at he front of the buildig
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
7 Thank gerry47_11
Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

My wife and I were in Baguio City for a week during our trip to P.I. and wanted a decently priced hotel to stay in that has WiFi. We found this hotel and stayed during their rainy day promo at 1350 PHP. Here are the pros and cons:

Cons: No complimentary/inclusive breakfast with stay, no refrigerator, microwave, hot iron, or hair dryer in the room, limited hot water (warm water) due to waterless heater system that doesn't work very well

Pros: very clean hotel and rooms, centrally located in Baguio city (5 minutes walk to marketplace), spa and massage located next door, awesome restaurant on the corner (Central Park Restaurant), complimentary/inclusive WiFi, and the SERVICE!!!! awesome awesome service.

To elaborate more on the service that my wife and I received, we figured we would have to spend about 3000 PHP for about two loads of laundry that we will accumulate during our stay. We were given a piece of paper with the price of the laundry (priced per piece) and we were fine with it. We brought our laundry down to the front desk to have them turn in for cleaning and thinking that would be about 30 pieces and total 1500-2000 PHP, but MICHAEL (awesome guy by the way) took it upon himself to run uphill to the local laundromat to get our laundry done for cheaper then what would have originally costs us. Where in the hell would an employee do this for their guests? Holiday Park Hotel, that is where you will get that kind of service.

Even though the rooms didn't have a hot iron and ironing board, they were readily available upon request. I don't care about all of the cons that I have listed on here because the next time my wife and I are in Baguio City, this is the only place we will stay regardless of regular price or promo. There is a hotel named Eurotel next door and was built later than Holiday Park Hotel, but it looks tacky and rundown. Holiday Park Hotel looks brand new to us, until one of the employee (Henry on the night shift, awesome guy also) told us that Holiday Park Hotel has been there for years and looks new because they have to clean and wax every night. Plus, their greeters and security guards would run out into traffic to hail a cab for you and I definitely didn't see Eurotel staff doing the same for their hotel guests. Holy Crap Jesus! I love this hotel and its staff, you just can't get better service than this, other hotels should follow their example before they steal all of their potential customers.

It would be more sweet if they had inclusive breakfast, but Central Park Restaurant on the corner of the block has excellent food and decently priced if you are looking for somewhere to satisfy your hunger.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
10 Thank taibo888
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

I am impressed with the hotel's offer (RAINY DAY PROMO) that's why I decided to cancel the reservation I have made with another hotel. I have spent hours online in search of the most reasonable hotel offers and rates and Holiday Park Hotel topped them all. I will be celebrating our first anniversary with my partner and I am just hoping to have a wonderful weekend getaway next month. I have done my research and I have seen a couple of pictures of the rooms that they have from the guests who have visited the hotel and I have no further questions with their interior designs... Good Job for the free coffee! Hoping for more offers...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
7 Thank ReinaldLouieRamos
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2011

Among all the hotels me and my hubby have seen in Baguio this one is great! Worth it totally,, wifi available , free coffe, friendly staff !! And pretty much accessible. A walking distance to burnham park ! I really recommend this great hotel to all Baguio visitors.

Price was similar to a hotel downtown where it was ugly and dirty totally.

The only bad thing I don't like is that smoking is not allowed. There is even 1000php fine for that.

Paid 1800 php per night !

• Stayed May 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Roshdy85
sphinx00300, Manager at Holiday Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
We thank you for your review about our hotel and services. We'd like you to know that it's a pleasure serving you and all of our other guests staying at Holiday Park Hotel. We are sorry and we hope that you'll understand that smoking is really prohibited inside the building. Though we have some areas in which smoking is allowed. Thank you and we hope to see you again. (: