“very poor customer service”

Mines View Park Hotel
Ranked #17 of 96 Baguio B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The hotel itself is very good but customer service were really poor. Actually im having my medication, so before i sleep i must take meds, i call the lobby requesting atleast a glass of water, i have called almost 6 times just to follow up my request. Actually i get mad and decided to but my own at nearby sari sari store luckily they were still open by that time, when i came back to the hotel i meet the hotel crew along the elevator with a pitcher of water too sad for him i was able to buy my own, i took up the stairs instead of joining him in the elevator. The room was very nice and clean, wifi connection is poor, about the food we haven't tried because we ought to eat somewhere.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed there for 3 days. Was given a very warm welcome . The service personnel are fast and they even ensure that we have everything we need upon check in. The room is simple but really clean and organized. Though WIFI connection is a problem. Bad thing bec u can only access internet in their lobby area :( The food is ok. I was amazed with their large serving of bacon and also the longganisa. Total experience is good except for the internet connection. I just hope they fix this asap.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I attended a weekend conference in Baguio and most hotels were fully booked. I booked a room in this hotel using a 50%-discount voucher for one night and paid the regular room rate for the second night.

The first night, we were given a tiny room beside the dining area. We must have slept all of two hours only because of all the noise coming from the kitchen, despite closed windows. If it was not plates and utensils, it was kitchen staff talking, and someone who sounded like a supervisor because she was giving orders with a loud voice.

There was a water heater, thankfully, but it was very tricky to operate, ie to manipulate the hot/cold lever to get just the right water pressure for the heater to switch on. Needless to say, I got so frustrated with the whole thing and finished my shower with cold water! By the way, the bathroom is really tiny.

I was elated when we were informed that we would move to another room for our 2nd night. Our new room was on the 2nd floor, was even tinier than the first room, and had no clothes cabinet. It was below a slanted roof (so it was like an attic or loft) and opened into a balcony of sorts, which faced....more slanted roofs outside. In other words, no view. Comparatively speaking, however, the second room was quieter.

Breakfast was included in the room rate. You choose from set plates of rice, choice of eggs, and choice of main entree (corned beef, longganisa, tocino etc), with coffee or tea. Food was not bad.

I saw that there was another building with more rooms, perhaps these would be much quieter because of distance from the kitchen.

I don't think I will return to this hotel, even if it's 50% off again. I am willing to pay a higher price for peace and quiet.

Room Tip: If you must stay, insist on a room far from the kitchen.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank elatinazo
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I became aware of this hotel because of our visits to mines view park. This hotel is almost right across the famous Baguio landmark. So when a group buying site offered a deal for this hotel, we didn't hesitate to purchase a night's stay so i could satisfy my curiosity about this hotel. The biggest advise I can share is: to consult tripadvisor comments prior to any purchase, and taking those reviews seriously. I checked on tripadvisor only after the purchase, and read both the good and bad reviews. An earlier review about avoiding a certain room # 3 because of noise was not highly regarded. Boy, was he right!
After checking into the room, I had seen some concerns such as: Low ceiling (felt like a loft); small windows that did not have views (unless another roof is considered a view). We (weakly) requested to be transferred to the next building which seemed to have regular-sized rooms. Theirs was the typical cold response: Yes, but you'd have to add P1,000! Since I thought (wrongly) that we were "safe" from room # 3 -they gave us room # 6- we decided to just take what was given to us. I would also like to add that the receptionist greeted only my bf , and not me. Ok, fine! I am just an active blogger.

Some more minuses we discovered: shower was not easy to operate- especially getting the right hot and cold balance. Although the room was generally clean, i found the toilet door (facing inside the toilet) was very dusty and dirty. Eeew!

What made our experience really terrible is the noise. From the kitchen, their staff, even footsteps from other rooms. The noise began tapering off around 9pm, but started again maybe around 5am. I didn't even request for wake up call! And yes, did I mention the noise?? all types of noise: utensils, staff hollering, more banging and cooking, etc.
At 7am, my only response: SHUUUUT UUUUUUP!!!!!

P1,749 was paid for this experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Noury13
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We got a voucher from a group buying site for a Double Deluxe room for 4 for only P2249 a 50 % off from the regular rate of P4500.I can say that we got a very good deal since the room comes also with 4 sets of breakfast.It was actually more than what we paid for and for the worth of the room.Booking was also easy and organized.They assign a room number right away and indicated it at the confirmation voucher. I was glad to know that the room assigned to us was the one recommended by one of the previous reviewer here in Tripadvisor,room 202,because it has a nice view of the mountain from our room unlike the other side which is already covered with buildings and establishments.

Check in was fast and they allowed us for an early check in @ 12PM (check in is @ 2PM).The staff was courteous and pleasant. The room is clean and spacious since we are only 3 adults and a two year old kid.They have an elevator making it easy for us to go to our room.There are many options for breakfast and serving was just enough and the taste was ok.They have a cafe which offers bibingcrepe, it has a bibingka texture with a filling of chocolate cheese or cheese only.

The location was very good as well since it is walking distance to Mines View Park and Good Shepherd.It is one of the plus of this hotel since you can already buy in Mines View Park practically all the souvenirs you like to buy in Baguio.If you don't have your own car there was public transportation that passes by the hotel going to other tourist spots in Baguio like Wright Park & the Mansion etc..They have a parking but quite limited that when they have high guest occupancy,you need to park your car outside by the side road.Sleep quality was just ok because you can hear vehicles passing by early evening but they lessen as night passes.It is very quiet and peaceful late nights and early morning.

Their cheapest room is single standard which is good for two at a regular rate of P2500.Their most expensive is Attic room which is at a regular rate of P7000 for 10 persons.For family of 6 they have a family room at P5500.They have other type of rooms but I cannot remember all of them since they have many kinds of rooms for 2,4,6 & 10 with verandas which is actually good since it can cater to different number of guests.They are not so strict with number of children as long as they are sharing beds with their parents.They have wi fi but I wasn't able to use it since I prefer to use my own connection.They have hot water but it takes time before it reaches the right temperature of water that I want.They don't have an aircon which is not needed since it is very cold in Baguio especially this season.

For the price that we paid for four persons (P2249),it was highly recommendable since it is actually more than that.But for the regular rate (P4500),it is just ok if you want to spend for the accessibility on one of the top tourist spot in Baguio which is Mines View Park.

Room Tip: We had a room with the view at the second floor Room 202..I think it is one of the best location in...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank andi727
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I got a voucher from cash cash pinoy for a family room at P2600+ and u can say i got and enjoyed what it was worth. Family room has 3 double beds, so it can fit 6 people comfortably. The 3 beds occupy the room, so there was no space to lounge around. Just enough for the luggages.
There is no a/c, you do not really need it in Baguio. Just open the window a bit and you got chilly air pronto!
Our room was at the 4th, they got an elevator, be it small, but its working.
Toilet was ok, got hot and cold shower.
Parking also available for those with private cars. Now, if you do not have private transport, the catch here is that taxis do not abound this area and a bit of waiting time us needed especially at night. But hotel staff will take care of hailing a taxi for its guests. If you are adventurous, you can try the public jeepney.
the hotel is fairly walking distance from Mines View Park and Good Shepherd Convent.
Staff are friendly. One unfortunate thing though, one of the servers accidentally spilled my hot cocoa on me! Very apologetic and offered to launder and press my stained shirt, which i accepted. In 30 minutes, got my shirt back, without the stain, dry and folded. Good job on laundry service! Ifnot for the unfortunate incident, I would rate this hotel higher.
Wi fi enabled, but intermittent.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank chachalikestotravel
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Went up to Baguio for a weekend trip last December 15-17 and stayed at the Mines View Park Hotel. We had initially reserved their attic room but due to the last-minute backing out of some supposed companions, changed our reservation to the Twin Deluxe Room. Lute, the lady who was in charge of reservation, was kind enough to allow us to change our reservation within one week of our trip.

The hotel is located a short walk away from Mines View Park, which makes it very convenient for those who want to hit Good Shepherd and Mines View for pasalubong while up in Baguio. It offers a view of Baguio that just looks breathtaking during sunrise, as we experienced after going to the first Simbang Gabi on our second day in Baguio.

The approach to the lobby of the hotel is quite steep, and the passageway is a bit narrow, as our vehicle escaped being scraped on the elevated patio of the hotel which also served as a rotunda. Upon disembarking from the vehicle, we were greeted by a group of young attendants whom we guess were probably OJT students from one of the colleges in Baguio that offered HRM courses. It seemed as if we had one attendant each, though only three really offered help and took our luggage to bring it inside. We were also greeted by welcoming drinks - a glass of pineapple juice.

The lobby is right in front of the doors, and is kind of small. I can imagine it might get really crowded during the peak season if a lot of guests decide to arrive at around the same time. We were attended to by an accommodating front desk, and met Lute, the lady who helped us transfer our reservation. In a matter of minutes, we were told that our room was ready and we just had to follow the attendants who had already taken our luggage to our room.

The room itself is good. As we were five persons in the Twin Deluxe Room, we had to get an extra bed. We were greeted by towel art on the bed, as the staff made them to look like some animal - some of us thought it was a dog, others thought it was some strange creature - that helped in setting the mood of the room as very playful and relaxed. We would later on see tha they also folded the towels in other rooms to look like swans or monkeys. There was ample space in the closet, a mini-ref, and a flat-screen cable TV which lost its signal every so often that you had to press the source button on the remote to get back to the channel you were watching. The balcony was also a nice touch, as it looked out onto the captivating scenery that I mentioned a while ago. The shower had hot and cold water, although the faucet seemed to be confused, as setting it to hot brought out freezing cold water, while flipping it to the other side brought out piping hot water. The shower itself was real nice. As for the toilet, it was amusing to see that the flush was not the usual stainless steel one, but rather one that looked like it could have been a door handle.

Our stay came with complimentary breakfast for both days, and they offered an assortment of choices divided into three main groups, Mines View Park Breakfast, Miners Breakfast (the Filipino-style breakfast) and Continental Breakfast. Having renewed my romance with bacon, I chose to have that for both days and was happily greeted by a helpful serving of the stuff. My companions tried the pork tapa, which according to one friend was better on the first day compared to the second. The breakfast comes with either tea or coffee, but I suggest you get coffee as it is refillable.That helped us heat up to warm ourselves in the lovely crisp and chilly air in Baguio. And by refillable, I mean that when they see that your cup is halfway down, they begin to offer more coffee. The same goes with the water. Needless to say we were sufficiently hydrated during our stay.

One surprisingly off thing about the place though was the sudden "waterfall" of soapy water that came down on the balcony area. We didn't get to ask what was happening, but it was just weird that that was happening above while guests were still in the rooms below. It's a good thing none of us were peering out the balcony when it happened. Another "eh?" thing was the wifi signal, which only reached until the bed closer to the door. They did offer a sort of lobby by the elevator of our floor where one might be able to use his laptop and be close to the wifi router.

The staff themselves were very much accommodating. They were attentive to our needs and really helped us with whatever request we had. It didn't matter how small our request was - asking for forks with which we could eat the noodles we packed - they would attend to it. Whenever they saw that you were leaving, they would look in your direction if ever you had something to ask.

All in all, the hotel is pretty good. Value for money is up there, especially if you get the attic room. But I'm also satisfied that we got a room on the lower floor, because it also meant that during the one morning that was kind of warm, we had one more floor above us to shield us from the heat.

Room Tip: - for large parties, get the attic, as it is the most cost-effective one - all rooms face towards t...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends