“Clean, spacious room, friendly and courteous staff” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Cosmopolitan

Hotel Cosmopolitan
Ranked #13 of 94 Baguio B&B and Inns
Manila, Philippines
“Clean, spacious room, friendly and courteous staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

I've been to Baguio a couple of times, but this is the first time my family is visiting. The hotel was as expected based on the reviews here. The cleanliness, spacious room, and friendly and courteous staff are the most important features of this hotel. If there was any items that were lacking, it would be the limitation on parking (since we brought a car) and the lack of Internet connection (wifi) in the hotel room. Although there is pretty good connection speed in the cafe. We will definitely come back to this hotel on our next visit.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

I went to Baguo with my mother and brother. I chose this hotel based on the reviews I've read here. I was really praying hard that this hotel would not cause me a headache. Fortunately, this hotel lived up to all these wonderful reviews that the people wrote here. I am very thankful to all the staff in the hotel. We stayed there for 4 days and 3 nights just this November 2011. I chose their Deluxe for Three and so we were on the fourth floor. Their beds are so comfortable and we had no issues with the shower at all. ;p

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Nica C
davao, cebu, manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

my friends and i went to baguio for the a long weekend, and one of them is a first-timer to the city. we didn't really have a reservation as we just went there on a whim because of another friends gig. we didn't really like the accommodations prepared by the gig host so we decided to look for a hotel that's comfortable enough. we found this hotel and they gladly accommodated our group of eleven. though this is a short ride away from session road, where all the happening happens, it's worth it. we got two rooms, and the rooms were spacious, looked clean, and smelled clean. and we got rooms with good views, too. our room had more than enough of what we needed -- flat screen tv, microwave, mini-fridge, closets with hangers, really-really comfortable beds, dresser, couches, phone, hot and cold shower, everything to make us comfortable. we just needed a place to dump our things, sleep at night, and shower, as we are out most of the time. the flat screen tv was really the treat. and since it's baguio, we totally appreciated the warm water in the shower as it weather was 16 degrees during daytime, and go figure at night. the staff were all courteous. since there were eleven of us, they really took time to help us with our bags from the time we checked in and in the same way when we checked out. for a night, each of us spent about PHP600 for all the amenities i mention. isn't it a bargain?

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
6 Thank jadeejadee
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

Me & my BF stayed overnight at this Hotel. We originally booked the hotel at the 1st weekend of October but due to the inclement weather, we had to move the date to the following weekend. The Hotel was very kind & accommodated our request. They answered all our inquiries promptly via email.

The Hotels location is very convenient. Outside, theres a 7-11 Store & you can easily ride public transportation. If you dont mind walking, Cafe by the Ruins is within the proximity.

We took the Standard Room, it was small but very comfortable. Beddings were clean. They have Hot/Cold Shower. I just wished the toilet had the water spray beside it (We were not used to using tissue only). Our room didnt have Aircon, you can open the windows to allow the breeze in. You can hear outside noise from vehicles but its bearable. We were able to sleep soundly.

The next morning, we called the Cafe for our Complimentary Breakfasts & they served it in our room at no extra charge. We had coffee, rice, egg & longganisa. The servings were just right for Iight breakfast.

Overall. It was a pleasant stay. All the basic necessities at an affordable rate. :-)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank sassysensei
Sta. Rosa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

We were looking for a hotel for a 3day/2night stay, after looking around for hotels near the city most of them all were fully booked for the long weekend.
I guess it was just our luck that we saw this boutique hotel here in TripAdvisor.

We took a Deluxe room, the room was spacious, clean! Hot water worked! WIFI also worked! 7-11 was just in front of the hotel.
There’s ample parking in front. The hotel and restaurant staff were friendly and accommodating.
The hotel cafe/restaurant was very basic. Aside from breakfast, I’m sure you would want to dine out and experience Baguio’s local cuisine.
They are a few minutes drive to the city center.

We paid 1800 (rainy day special)/per night.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for all travelers! And would book this hotel again on our next trip to Baguio.

Only sad note: didnt get that token people here were talking about .

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Ronald_MGE
the Fort Global City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

We are for a trip to Baguio for 3 days and two nights and found this boutique hotel at the #1 spot. THIS HOTEL REALLY DESERVED THE TOP PLACE!

At first I was nervous since the rate for the standard room is only 1.5k, I was asking myself what I should expect for such a cheap rate. To our surprise, the room was very clean, nice tiled bathrooms, and has all the basics you would need.

The next day moved to a deluxe room for just an additional 300 Php and got ourselves an even more spacious, carpeted (not to mention an extra single bed) plus free breakfast. Some of my friends who happened to be Baguio at the same time moved in to my recommendation to transfer to this hotel. Hotel Cosmopolitan did not let me down. My friends were really happy with the barkada suite and superior deluxe they moved in.

Service was also commendable, staff were really friendly and accommodating. The hotel itself lacks an elaborate restaurant and massage service but I deem these services that I usually opt outside the hotel thus I didn't mind, considering the very reasonable rate.

I definitely recommend this hotel for travelers who want the best value for their cash and make the most out of Baguio. You may not expect amenities like that of a 5-star hotel from Hotel Cosmopolitan, but it does exceed expectations on cleanliness, service and value. On our next trip to Baguio, we'll definitely book again with this hotel!

Room Tip: Choose deluxe over standard room if ever available, almost twice the size for a small increment on t...