City Travel Hotel
$143
$112
$50
$47
Baguio Holiday Villas(Baguio)(Great Value!)
$38
Hotel Veniz(Baguio)
$34
  • Breakfast included
$69
$66
$125
TravelBook.ph
All reviewsplace to staywalking distancenight markethot showerguard
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Good stuff:
-Staff are friendly and accomodating
-Cheap/affordable price
-Good location just right next to the burnham park
-spacious rooms
-spacious parking

Bad stuff:
-lobby smells bad
-room carpets have stains and smells bad
-lobby is scary...
-i saw a cockroach from under the bed

Definitely not recommending this... You can stay at cosmopolitan hotel which is far more better than this hotel... :-(

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Hemoguy
Reviewed May 13, 2010

I've never written a review before on TripAdvisor, but I felt that this experience was so bad that I really have to make it public.

I booked this hotel for my family and I last weekend (Mother's Day Weekend) based on the reviews on TripAdvisor, but I really wished I hadn't. Ever get that feeling like you want to just turn back time? Well this feeling hit me like a train and I couldn't do anything about it.

After the long exhausting drive up to Baguio from Manila, we were all looking forward to a nice relaxing place to stay. I booked the hotel the morning before driving up, based on the "rave" reviews and how it was #2 on the list of Baguio hotels (how on earth did this happen???), because i read that the #1 hotel had problems with security. The only good things that I can say about the hotel were that there was more parking spaces than other hotels in the area and nothing was stolen from our car when we checked out the morning after (so i take it the security was ok).

Now for the "Cons":

1. Cleanliness: From all the hotels that I have ever stayed in (I've been to countries in Europe and Asia, as well as, various States around the US) this was THE WORST hotel I have ever stepped into. Right when we entered the hallway to our room, the first thing I noticed was the musky smell and the stained carpets. Geez, did these people ever hear of carpet cleaner? But I gave them the benefit of the doubt and told myself it was fine as long as the rooms did not look like this. But boy was I in for a rude awakening. When we entered the room, we realized it also possessed this musky smell and dirty carpets. The paint on the walls were peeling, there were random cracks in the wall, and there were various stains of unknown origin scattered all over the place. Eww.

2. The Bathroom: Before heading out, we all decided to freshen up. If there is something that I am particular about it is the cleanliness and condition of the bathroom. For one thing, they did not have enough towels for the three of us. The towels in themselves, were a BIG disappointment, I think I would have gotten drier using a paper towel (they were that thin) and some had pre-existing stains on them. Very gross. They didn't even provide floor towels (we had to ask room service). Also, the highest water pressure the shower head was giving off was no more than a light drizzle. It took around 40 minutes to shower properly, wherein It would only take me 15 min from a properly working shower. To top it all off, there was MOLD in the bathroom cups!!!! This was disgusting, given that my mom (who can't really see well) already used one of the cups without knowing. If you don't believe me, i'll be uploading pics of the cups later. It seems to me that they don't bother washing the cups with soap, but perhaps just rinse them quickly before returning them to their original spot on the counter. When I confronted the front desk about this (actually showing them the cup) they just looked at me sheepishly and muffled their apologies.

3. Safety and Security: Even though I felt that our car was safe, I did not feel that safe in the room. There was no security box to put our valuables and there was no fire alarm in the room. Well there was the mounting base for the alarm, but no alarm (pics to be uploaded later). I would think that this is is standard protocol for hotels, but I guess not for the one's in Baguio.

4. Price: With the kind of state that the hotel was in, the price of Php1900+ was not enough to win us over. Take note that this is already 40% off the original price. No matter how tempting the price was, it definitely was NOT WORTH the HORRIBLE experience.

We checked out early the next day. When we asked how old the hotel was, the lady at the front desk said it was only 7 years old. So in 7 years this hotel turned into the dump that it is today. This hotel is a disgrace to the hospitality industry and should not be kept running. The day we checked out, we stayed at The Manor at Camp John Hay. 9 years old, but running like new! I was seriously shocked by the difference in the quality of the hotel, rooms, service, cleanliness, security, and pretty much everything else given that it was 2 years OLDER than the prison-like accommodations at City Travel Hotel. The Manor also has these great promotions, which would have SAVED us money if we just stayed there for two nights instead of one night at the City Travel Hotel and one at CJH. Oh well, one always learns from one's mistakes.

We were seriously about to leave Baguio the day we checked in the City Travel Hotel. (Yea, it was that bad) So what saved us from doing so was the ukay-ukay shopping and the accommodations at The Manor in Camp John Hay. But I warn you, Baguio is not as cold as it was before, so brace yourself for the warmth.

So if you want to have a stress-free vacation in the Summer Capital of the PI, then DO NOT stay at the City Travel Hotel and instead stay at THE MANOR at CAMP JOHN HAY. Please save yourself the aggravation and disappointment (even for a night). We wish we did.

Hope this helps!

• Stayed: May 2010
9  Thank foxyfauve
Reviewed April 28, 2010

Hotel is clean and cozy. Location is strategically located to the different tourist sports, shopping area, nice restaurants and transportation. Best service, very courteous and accommodating staff from the time I have done my phone reservations to room services up to the time we left the hotel. Have free fast internet service. Delicious dinner also from room service. Wish they would add more cable channels. Overall, it was a very nice stay. We enjoyed it.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
8  Thank mcd1125
Reviewed February 24, 2010

It was our first time to check-in to this hotel and we had a great time staying.The presidential room was spacious enough to accommodate my family.The room was clean.Their bathroom were also spacious and clean. The hotel staffs were superbly friendly and were always ready to assist you on your needs.It was near Burnham Park and to other restaurants that would cater to your choice of food.Definitely,I'll be coming back to this place on our next vacation.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
8  Thank PulisParanaque
Reviewed October 14, 2009

This hotel is located right in the heart of the city. You can see the Burnham Park right out of your window pane. The staffs are great. They made our stay very comfortable. The room was just enough for us and we had a great deal in the price. THE BEST PLACE TO STAY IN BAGUIO CITY.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family