“dirty and full of cockroach”
Review of Hotel Villa Rosal

Hotel Villa Rosal
Hotel Villa Rosal
Ranked #45 of 50 Hotels in Baguio
Reviewed May 6, 2014

we arrived and checked in last april 5 and we thought that staying for a 2000/night is soo relaxing and comfortable but when we stayed in the room you can see plenty bugs and cockroach crawling and very disgusting to see these insect crawl inside my room. I dont know why theamagement not able to get rid of the bugs and cockroach as they are charging quite expensive. We checked out the next day because we cannot afford to spend 2000/day for the room not clean and full of insect. We able.to checked in for less than 2000/day with better and cleaner room. I dont want to recommend this to anyone unless.the managent cleaned and get rid of those insect.properly

1  Thank Daniel F

Reviewed December 28, 2013

No parking
Breakfast delayed causing to delay the whole trip
Filthiest room you can ever get
Baygon scent every where
No quality service from the staff
Woke us up early to move our car so their delivery staff can park for something they can carry by hand and foot.
Never make this choice even if its the last.

• Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank Patrjames
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I was so very disappointed with this hotel..
1. NO Water Heater
2. Carpet - Bad Odor
3. Hotel reception is not accommodating.

I will not stay in this hotel anymore. This is information to all people planning to go baguio abd stay in Hotel Villa Rosa.
I stay here for one day. I can't stay anymore so I decided to transfer to Hotel Veniz... Hotel Veniz is class A a very good hotel.

Room Tip: Choose hotel Veniz..
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank johnnavarro2013
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Be careful, they have lots of cockroaches. I asked them if they have cockroaches but they said NO. We had to pay in advance and that should have been suspicious enough. We were wandering around the city the whole day and when we got back cockroaches were all over the place (on the door, on the floor, in my baggage ...). We demanded our money back and went someplace else.
This was one of the worst experiences we have ever had.

We travelled August 2012.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mp-backpacker
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The room is dirty. There were bugs in the carpet. The room smells like ancient history. Everything looks really old. The linens felt like they have been there in that same bed for ages. Seemed like it never has been changed! Seriously, it won't make your stay in Baguio happy. No aircon. TV looks ancient too. Bad view since it is in the middle of the city. Its like when you get out of the hotel you wouldn't wanna come back. Right after we paid for two nights and went up to our room, we came down right away and asked for a refund. We just decided not to ruin our vacation. I swear, I will never stay in that hotel... But thankfully, they gave us our money back after an hour or so of pleading.. Well, we haven't really used anything there anyway.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gail H
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Arriving in bagio at the Victory lines bus terminal, I was offered by the "tourist info center" lodges at reasonable prices. They turned out to be fully booked, (the "tourist center"did not check) and i was offered no other option than the villa rosa. There, only the most pricey options were available. 2800 pesos for a room without view ( small dirty window on a wall a meter apart).
Room was cold, bathroom was full of mold and not clean, free breakfast was very poor.
Not recommended...

Room Tip: Avoid; book another hotel before arriving. Do not trust "taxi driver" designated at the &q...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Michel P
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We chose this hotel when we got the bus terminal of Baguio from very long bus drive. One local guy at the terminal offered us this hotel, and we were so much tired to look for hotels by foot. Also it was a bit rained and colder than other places in Philippine. They took us there by car anyway.
Checking in was fine and we got in the room, 412. Then I found a cockroach was around the light. I didn't feel comfortable after that happened. Didn't want to sleep there.
The room was dirty, vinyl was set between sheets and bed, water pressure was ok I think, no soap, poor breakfast, bla bla bla..
The location was fine, close to the central street. But nothing to recommend. You'd better to look for other hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012