“Don't walk away from this hotel.... Run............”
Review of Burnham Hotel

Burnham Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Baguio
Burnham Hotel
Ranked #39 of 49 Hotels in Baguio
Reviewed December 3, 2010

I have been travelling for 5 months througout Vietnam, Cambodia, Japan and the Philippines, and the Burnham Baguio was the worst hotel, by a long shot. The rooms were grimy, dark and dingey. The carpets were threadbare and the whole place run down.

Thebathroom was so bad, I waited till moving to the Prime Hotel (up the road a bit) before showering the next day.

I booked for three nights, and left after one. If you are travelling to Baguio, do not stay here.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank gregb1120

Reviewed August 16, 2010

This has to be the worst quality hotel and room we have stayed in our 4 months of travel around S.E Asia. We stayed based on the recommendaation in the Lonely Plantet however the room we stayed in was filthy. The walls and bathroom were covered with mould and there were also RATS in the walls all night long. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gl0balfun
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Not many taxi drivers know the place and might confuse it with Burnham Suites, so make sure you indicate the street address. It's very near Session Road (walking distance) yet far enough from the street noise so it's quiet at night. We arrived way earlier than the check-in time but the receptionist gladly ushered us in our room. It was a little eerie at first because the power was out when we walked in and the reception desk has candles lighted on it - it was like a bad horror movie lol. You can also tell that the place is old - with wooden chairs and floors. The power went out twice for our whole stay and they don't have a generator, however it only took about 30mins before it came back. We didn't really mind because it wasn't warm at all in Baguio and we didn't need the electric fan anyway.

We stayed in the Deluxe Room on the first floor which was clean and very spacious for a couple. The floors are carpeted, there's ample hot water in the bathroom, the bed was comfy (creaked a little but the sheets are soft and clean), cable TV and strong WIFI signal. They have a Korean-Japanese restaurant right next door but we didn't try it since there are more places to eat right down at Session Road.

The staff are very polite and friendly. When I had to make a phone call, they let us use the phone at the reception area, and when we wanted to eat the instant noodles that we brought, they provided the hot water and delivered the cooked noodles to our room. There's a security guard/doorman at night, too, so the place is pretty safe.

Again, if you're looking for a five-star kind of service, this hotel is not for you. But if you just want a cozy cheap place to stay at the heart of Baguio, I'd recommend Burnham Hotel. :)

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary120309
Reviewed April 1, 2010

I stayed here because Lonely Planet listed it as a best pick in Baguio. I was not disappointed. The location was perfect - one block from Burnham Park, one block from Session Road, and three blocks from the market place. The outside is nothing to write home about, but the interior, with its dark wood, historic Baguio photographs, and Ifugao artifacts, tells you that this hotel is proud of the local culture & history. My check-in was fast & easy. Front desk staff were very friendly. My room was right behind the front desk. I thought it might be loud, but I never heard any noises. The room itself was warm and cozy. Comfortable bed, soft sheets, and a warm blanket for the cool nights. The television worked, as did the free Wifi. My only suggestion is that they upgrade the bathrooms. Even with that, there was plenty of hot water and they were clean. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 24, 2010

We chose the Burnham Hotel because we were tired after our journey from Tarlac and it was the Lonely Planet top pick for Baguio in that price range. When we saw the room we weren't that impressed for the price (P1200) but we couldn't deny that the place had character. The rooms and the common areas are decked out in dark wood, antique furniture and abaca wall coverings. It is authentic. However, the linens also looked like antiques and I didn't get the impression that cleanliness was high on the agenda but, we were tired and wanted a nap so we took it.
We did have a look around at other places in the same price range and I can guarantee that this is the best option under P1200 in the city centre.
Would I stay there again? Probably not but then again, I don't think that Baguio deserves more than one visit so it won't be an issue.
If you can afford to spend more in Baguio for a room then my advice would be to do so.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MPAdventure
Reviewed November 15, 2008

The first room we checked into was not so great, but once we moved to room 203 the stay wasnt so bad. If your on a budget I would say stay here. You just have to remember you are in the Philippines, if your not from here. Very Rustic yet a very at home feel. However they require you to pay in advance and if you decide to leave early no refund if paid by credit card and if paid by cash the hotels keeps 50 percent. The food was decent and reasonably priced, nice staff. The CR needs some attention, but overall the hotel is ok.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank offshorechef
Reviewed November 7, 2008

My wife and I went to this hotel to stay for a night in Baguio City, to experience the cool atmosphere there. And, I happened to book this hotel. However, I can say, it was the worst hotel that I had ever stay in my whole life.

1. Bed sheets was dirty, our body itchy for the whole night.
2. The two pillows and one bath towel stained with blood marks.
3. Room was not brightly light, the main hotel looks eerier.
4. Out of the bedroom window so noisy, facing road side.
5. Bathroom was so dirty and cockroaches crawling everywhere.
6. Toilet can't flush and inform the housekeeping, they say will get the man to repair but didn't turn up without a word from the housekeeper.

All in all, I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone. Worst than a budget hotel!!!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple