“Park Handy” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Baguio
London, United Kingdom
“Park Handy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Booked 3 days by accident at end to Panagbenga Festival. Did not realize casual enquiry could be binding and for a while was double booked with the much cheaper Upstairs Bed & Bath.
Hotel room clean and adequate; bathroom hospitality bit meagre; great TV repertoire; helpful staff all-round.
View of Burnham Pk and exposed to the noise therefrom.
Limited sit-down breakfast but at least the scrambled eggs were OK.
Much more expensive in £ terms than other hotels in Philippines and Thailand which had much superior buffet breakfast offerings - eg Best Western Boracay and Ibis Huamark ( now 4 Seasons) and much poorer value than Upstairs Bed & Bath.
No computer internet offering but they allowed me to use their own and I found the resident boffin very helpful.

Room Tip: For sleep, try the highest floors and facing away from the park.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Pasig, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

Me and my GF stayed in this hotel last Feb.22 to 25 (Panagbenga Festival 2014) . I was advice to book a room 2 months in advance since its peak season in Baguio due to the PANAGBENGA festival . My friends recommended to me this hotel(they said the location is great, which i agree), and to choose a room with PARK view . I booked the room last December 05,2013,I even put what I want on the Special Instructions.In short, everything was properly done, Did I mentioned that I even send an email to confirmed my reservation last Jan.17?,,,Well, I did .. Thinking that everything is OK, I said to myself that this will be the best vacation for me and my GF...But I was wrong :(

We arrived at Baguio at around 4 pm , Saturday, Feb. 22 and went directly to the hotel to rest after a 10 hrs travel from MANILA to Baguio. The first info that I received from the manager is that the room is not AVAILABLE because of some renovations/maintenance...What??? Are they forgetting that its PANAGBENGA , wherein thousands of people from different places will be visiting BAGUIO ?..nice timing....
Anyways , to cut the story short, We didn't get the room that we paid for..
We transferred rooms 3x for different reasons...1ST ROOM (701)Not Park VIEW, Manual Heater and Water Dripping from AC...2ND ROOM-216 ( they said was the upgrade) was OK, but it was a connecting room wherein you can hear the persons in the other room, not to mentioned that they did not clean the room when we requested it .. Yes ,we put the sign on the door before we leave...3rd room -505(they said its Premiere room) - its almost perfect if only the battery of the AC remote control was working...
Worst part? We had to asked for a complimentary discount and late check out, they did not offer any of these for our inconvenience.Stress is the last thing that we expected on a vacation..
Lesson Learned? Always expect the unexpected if you will visit and stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: choose room with Park view
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Allan Christoph... A
Emily C, Senior Account Executive at Baguio Burnham Suites Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Valued Client,

Warm greetings from Baguio Burnham Suites!

We appreciate your effort in sharing with us your experience. We
regret that there had been some lapses and we sincerely apologize.

Rest assured that your concerns have been addressed. We will take
this chance to improve and perfect our service.

Hope you will still consider us again.

Thank you very much.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Had planned to stay for 2 nights. We left 5am after the first night. We woke up having to pick the bed bugs off our skin and clothes. I never seen bed bugs before but seen then on tv. So i looked at the bottom box spring mattress and found all the corners crawling with bed bugs. Im happy they let me leave early and not have to pay for the 2nd night that i was not going to stay.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Aehama
Dear Valued Client,

Good afternoon!

We sincerely apologize for what happened. This is actually
the first time we had a problem with bed bugs. Your room
has been fumigated and cleaned thoroughly.

It has always been our objective to keep our property
immaculately clean.

We hope to see you again.

Thank you very much!

Travelers are raving about these Baguio hotels

Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

We stayed recently at this hotel during a visit to the Philippines. The hotel is in a great location - not right in the noisy dirty centre of the city but within walking distance. Close to Burnham park and lots of great restaurants. We ate at the hotel restaurant and found it very good - both in quality and price. I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mikejordan99
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

My fiancé and I went to Baguio, and it's the first time for the two of us. He booked two nights at the Burnham Suites and it cost us a bit over PHP 8000, and requested for a view of the Burnham Park, which might have cost him extra. When I mentioned that to the lady in the reception, she then promptly upgraded us to a studio room also facing the park.

It was a bit dark, especially at the hallways, but it could be that they just opted not to turn on the lights, but it lent an air spookiness and unfortunately, dinginess to the ambiance. Our room had a kitchenette - standards like a kettle, a mini-fridge, and it also had a stove - with a sticker over it saying that cooking is not allowed in the room. Haha.

The bed is queen-sized, just perfect for the two of us, and it was neither too soft or too firm, which we liked. I would have liked to see charging ports near the bed, but at least they lent me an extension adapter to use for our phones and cameras.

Contrary to the pictures on the hotel website, whilst the hotel does face the Burnham Park, it wasn't a very good angle that we see, more like the back of it. SM Baguio actually had a better view of the park! But no matter, at least it was very accessible to us. I loved how dawn colours up the sky, from the view of our balcony, though, and if the doors are closed, it isn't too noisy.

It was close to Victory Liner, and we took the tour offered by our taxi driver, Anthony, because he had a better rate for us - PHP 300/Hr, while the hotel offered a rate of a minimum of PHP 2500. We didn't plan a whole day of touring Baguio so that we'd have something to look forward to on our next trip ☺

Breakfast was okay, although the servers might be a little confused and forgetful, so better have a lot of patience with them! We especially love the strawberry jam that they used, as the syrup had a caramel taste in it which pairs perfectly with whole fruits in it. Yum.

We had a blast at the Park, boating and biking and walking through it, and the flowers lent to its magical spark in the air. We then returned to the hotel for a quick last-minute preparations for our tour with Anthony.

That night, when we wanted to dine out, the front desk recommended Forest Park, which deems its own review from me, and it was a hit with us! They certainly know what the best dining spots are, and they're so friendly to speak with, even in the middle of the night.

While it was not the best hotel we've ever been in, we'd certainly return to the Burnham Suites the next time we'd go to Baguio.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Arlene W
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Baguio Burnham Suites!

We are truly happy to know that you had a pleasant stay with us.
Much as we want value for your money, we also want to make
your stay with us memorable. Thank you for appreciating the
efforts of our staff.

Our hallway lights have been changed to LED lights.

Please do not hesitate to air out your concerns. We are
looking forward to seeing you again at the hotel.

Thank you very much.
Luzon, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

My family would always go to baguio every christmas season. Each time i try to book different hotels so i can compare . I was very dissappointed with this hotel because the pictures on the website was totally different from the actual. First the lightings on the 4th floor walkway was so dark and it smelled bad. Second, the elevator was dirty and full of scratches. Third, the pillows and bedsheets were so dirty that one would think that it had not been washed for a long time. Fourth, the toilet had no cabinet or whatsoever to put ur clothes. Fifth, when i asked for housekeeping it took them so long to come and had to follow it up again or they never came at all.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank gyokalee
Calamba, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Our family went to Baguio to unwind for the weekend and we have reserved with Baguio Burnham Suites a month before the date we are to arrive. During the morning of our arrival, my sister called to ask if we can habe an early check in since we might arrive before lunch. The person whom my sister was talking to asked our reservation twice. My sister waited for a long time and we were already thinking that they might have forgotten to log our reservation. We were told that we can check in by 2pm since there are other guests who will check out. So it was okay with us.

Around 1pm, we arrived in the hotel and they said only one of the rooms is available because they have to clean the other two. We had to wait 30 mins after 2pm for the rooms and this was expedited only because my sister was angry already that they havent finished the rooms before the time they said we will check in. Before this, the girl in the reception I talked to sounded irate when i asked her if the rooms are ready. To think that we are the ones who are waiting and not them.

The room is okay, it's clean and spacious enough for us since there are 3 of us in the room. We hardly used the aircon because it's already cold.

Another disappointment was the service in the dining area. It was breakfast and naturally there will be a lot of guests who will eat there. There are only 2 waiters for a lot of tables. It took a long time before our order was given and they even served the table who arrived after us. My order was sunny side up eggs with tapsilog but they gave me scrambled eggs. The only consolation was the diaposition of one ofnthe waiters who kept on smiling evwn though i noticed the 2 of them are quite confused with the number of orders.

If we ever go to Baguio again, I dont think we'll go here.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family