“Great location, but dated hotel interior.”
Review of Prince Plaza Hotel

Prince Plaza Hotel
Ranked #37 of 49 Hotels in Baguio
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I'm a regular to Baguio, at least once a year and this time I stayed at the PP Hotel from the 27th to the 30th December. Having left booking during the festive season a little late, my choice was lacking - hence booking to stay here.

The Hotel is on Legarda Rd, just a stones throw from Burnham Park. Whilst the room was certainly spacious, it seems stuck in a bit of a timewarp. The place needs a little investment to bring it up to expectation for today's modern traveller.

Whilst I agree with other commentators that you don't live in your hotel room, you just use it as a base to lay your head at night - you still want some semblance of home. The shower head hook on the wall was broken. The finish in the bathroom left a lot to be desired - the doorframe was unpainted, and the tiles looked like the usual discounted, end of run stock, with lots of bare concrete.

Flicking back the bed covers, a cockroach scuttled away, as I deftly swatted it, hooking it with my hand and dispatching it out of the window! My bed smelled 'sweaty', as though the sheets were not changed. I'm not a complainer unless really necessary and determined it was the actual mattress that was giving off the unusual odour. Each morning whilst heading out for a day of adventure, I could see housekeeping changing the bedsheets.

It was fine for this trip, but I doubt I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Redragon2

Reviewed June 1, 2013

our primary concern was secure parking for our car and this hotel has it. The room we were assigned to was very spacious. So was the bathroom. Everything in our room worked. Although the place is getting advanced in age, it is still good for the budget conscious traveler. The front desk staff were not as warm and friendly as in the other establishments we have been into. No wifi in the rooms. There was no A/C unit in the room but it's not really necessary in Baguio City. We just opened our window slightly when we went to sleep and voila ... cooler than aircon! We didnt mind the fact that the hotel is getting old and the amenities were basic. After all, staying there was only for sleep and rest and getting dressed for the next adventure. I believe that when you visit a new place, you go out and explore. You dont live in your hotel room. It is just a place to return to after a day of exploration. So as long as it is clean and decent enough, and it offers security, it is good enough for me.

Room Tip: no wifi in the rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel albeit was once a grand hotel. I was there to attend an awarding cermony, my room was at the 3rd floor, the bed was big enough but its not comfortable. Yes it true the carpet needs shampooing and the elevator seems to be not safe. the toilet are not functioning well, the card key cant open the door and we have to go back to the front desk to ask for assistance but in fairness to the staff they are approachable and friendly.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank charina s
Reviewed February 18, 2013

If you go to a motel to sleep DONT stay here, I stayed here with my wife and 4 year old son and it was on a monday night, we stayed on the 4th floor and they had the entire 5th floor rented out for a school prom, it sounded like 12 horses racing above us, super loud, front desk told us they would be done by 7pm, they diddnt finish till 10pm, then right across the street is a music lounge, a very small place that has live bands, the live bands were SO LOUD that it sounded like they were playin in the next room, even if you turned the volume on the tv MAX it wouldnt come close to the sounds of the bands, they played non stop LOUD music till 2am!!! and I remind you this was a monday night, not friday or saturday.
ALSO the rooms has no air con and NO fan so it was HOT!, the halways smelled bad and never cleaned, walls are paper thin so you can hear TVs in other rooms, VERY bad experience and will NEVER return!

Room Tip: no matter what room you get or what floor its on the music lounge across from motel is SO LOUD you c...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Joe A
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The hotel is, by my own standards, average. We were there on a family overnight trip to Baguio to attend a party and needed a place to crash. It's neither luxurious nor lacking -- and there's no 'awesome' moment anywhere. The lobby is simple and doesn't offer anything exquisite. It has all the amenities you would need: clean room, comfortable bed, hot water. Although there are no airconditioning in Baguio, the room is fairly comfortable. The best I can say about the hotel is their authentic Chinese restaurant on the ground floor. Other than that, it's plain ordinary.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms facing Burnham park to have a nice morning view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank chimp_rex
Reviewed September 14, 2010

Prince Plaza Hotel had average-looking rooms, better than transient rooms. Staff were friendly and accomodating. The room was spacious, and the beds were big enough. However, the walls badly needed new paint, carpet needed shampooing, and the beds and chairs had to be refurbished. It sure would have been good-looking when it was newly-built. There was no air-conditioning but had an electric fan. There were few mosquitoes but you can request the staff to spray the room with insect killer while you are outside. Wi-fi was available but I only got a signal with my iphone in the lobby, none in the room. Sleeping could be quite hard if you will get a room with a balcony (like we did), because several resto-bars are just nearby, one across the street and one in the basement. Complimentary breakfast was good, but I may have given a plus point if guests could have a choice between coffee, hot chocolate or juice. Room service is available, but when we ordered for midnight snack, food was not good at all. Overall, the hotel was comfortable, secured and value for money was paid especially if budget is really tight, but needs a little more improvement.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank weeniey8
Reviewed July 31, 2010

my partner and I got a room for 1700php. the room had a veranda which was nice, the beds were both very big too but there was a real problem... my partner adjusted the shower to the right temperature and got into the shower, after aroung 3 minutes suddenly she was freezing like an icecube cause the hot water went off! We ran the shower a little longer and the hot water came back on but this time the cold water pressure had gone low and the water was so hot that it burnt my hand!

Another problem... the free WIFI? It did not work on any of our new phones or my laptop. I got the receptionist to reset the router several times but we still had no service so we had to connect to a nearby UNSECURED network.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple