Hotel 45
$66
$79
$54
Agoda.com
Baguio Holiday Villas(Baguio)(Great Value!)
$51
$51
Hotel Veniz(Baguio)
$42
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssm baguiofree breakfastsession roadburnham parkwalking distanceper nighttea housecable tvhot and cold showeroff peak seasontight budgetbigger roomstrategic locationwater pressure iswi fipublic marketshort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. I found this hotel from the internet and checked all the reviews to see if its worth it. (Thanks to Phoebe P. :) )

Anyways, we stayed at Hotel 45 Extension which is a newer branch. I made a reservation by calling their main branch, and they gave the extension's new number. They didn't require for any deposit.

Check in time is 1pm but we arrived at 12pm and the receptionist allowed us to get in already. I requested a room away from the main road since I am a light sleeper. When we got up, the room attendant was just finished cleaning the room. We got free toiletries except shampoo, but it's okay since we brought one.

The room is clean and new as well as the bathroom. The space is just enough for two people. It has a cable tv, free and fast wifi (though the connection on our 2nd day was bad). The linen, comforter and towels are fresh and clean. The bathroom has water heater with good pressure. They serve free breakfast too. My favorite was the corned beef.

Location is great. It was near SM Baguio, Session Rd and a 10 minute walk to Burnham Park and Baguio Public Market.

The staff were kind and courteus. The only thing that disappointed me was that on our 2nd day and was paying for the 2nd night, the receptionist asked if I would like to have the room cleaned. I agreed of course but when we arrived, it wasn't cleaned. I'm not sure what happened, its a good thing my boyfriend was a clean freak so he fixed the room himself. The hotel is also full of cctv camera so you are sure that you are secured too.

For Php 1,100 a night, it was really a good deal. If you are in a budget but looking for a nice place to stay then I would really recommend this hotel. If I come back to Baguio, I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
5  Thank mizzdimple
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3nights. Only triple bed available even 2 of us only. They will still give u 3 breakfast for what? They have 2 buildings. Do not choose the old one the bathroom sucks. The slippers were already used. Don't stay in from 4th fl and below if u don't want noisy vehicles and smell of their restaurant. Airconditoning is very old and dust. Shower head is very old. If you're on tight budget then you might go for this but if you have money choose better one. If no choice, choose the hotel 45 located along the road.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Briantsky
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed in this hotel overnight last April 27. Had no problem with reservation. When I called their website's no. I asked first if it was the Extension building. They said no, so they gave me the number of the extension instead. When I called Hotel 45 Extension, I was glad when they informed me that they had an available room with matrimonial bed+single bed on that day. So to reserve, they sent me their BDO account no. Unfortunately, I was not able to deposit payment, so I asked again if it's possible to pencil reserve the room for me and I'll just pay upon check-in. They agreed.

For the price of Php1,300/night for a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids ages 3, 5, and 9), I could say that this was the cheapest from all the other hotels/transient houses that I inquired from. And since it came with free breakfast, it sure was a sweet deal. Anyway, here are the pros and cons that we've experienced in this hotel:

Pros:

1. Right at the heart of the City - walking distance to Session Road, SM Baguio, Baguio Cathedral, and Burnham Park
2. Free wi-fi even inside the room (we're assigned in a room in 3rd floor)
3. No downpayment/advance payment for reservation (possible)
4. Apologetic, friendly, and helpful staff - immediately responded when we requested for an electric fan and hot drinking water inside the room
5. Comes with free breakfast (typical "silog" but ours had plain rice instead of fried rice)
6. Room included cable TV, hot and cold shower, pail, water dipper, toiletries (except shampoo), cabinet, vanity drawer, towels, and slippers.
7. Has a service elevator
8. Secured parking in front of the old building (behind the Extension building)

Cons:
1. No hot water on their bathroom sink faucet.
2. Room was small.
3. Check-in was a hassle (we arrived at 1pm but we're not able to check-in until around 3pm because they said the last guest had late checkout and the housekeeping staff was on lunch break).
4. Room assigned to us was along the road, so it was a bit noisy with the number of vehicles passing by.

But overall, we had a great stay in this family budget hotel. For the price of Php1,300/night (off-peak), our stay was sure a good value for money. We will definitely recommend this to friends and family, and we'd love to stay here again next time (but we'll choose a room away from the main road).

Room Tip: Get a room away from the main road.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank Phoebe P
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Hotel 35 Extension / Rate: P1,100 (peak season)

Four days before our scheduled trip, I made a reservation with Hotel 45 on their website. I received a reply the following day stating that we can just “walk in”. With this statement, we were made to believe that there are many available rooms thus reservation is no longer required. On the day of our trip, we went to the hotel and tried to check-in. We were surprised to learn that there is no available room. When we inquired as to why we were not informed through email, the receptionist said that the main hotel (which manages the website do not inform them of any web inquiries). I was even told that they have many reservations for that day. They only gave us a room when we insisted on talking to the manager (note: we were told that the manager reports at 3pm) and when I demanded that we should be given a room since we made a reservation via email but we were just told to walk-in. If we were told outright that there are no available rooms then we would have made reservation with another hotel. I tried to keep my cool but we we’re up since 12midnight to travel to Baguio and finding out that you won’t have a room to rest will really test your patience.

The room is clean but it has a musty smell, probably since the room is closed and the weather is humid. The room is provided with toothpaste and toothbrush, soap (no shampoo) and tissue roll. The towels are dingy and the fabric is already thin from too much use (note: the floor towels from other hotels are even better looking). The toilet and bath is also clean and there is hot water available (water pressure is good).

Breakfast leaves much to be desired. The hamsilog consists of a one piece of thin ham, plain rice and fried egg. It was only on our last day that we were able to have fried rice instead of plain rice in the “silog” combo (note: “si” pertains to sinangag or fried rice). Better order the longganisa-silog instead. Breakfast comes free with coffee or tea.

Try the Mami or Noodles which costs P55-65 depending on the main ingredient (beef, chicken, lechon, etc) and is served until P9pm.

The receptionists are friendly. You pay upfront for the first night and the succeeding days will be billed daily. Your room will be cleaned when you request for it and when they do, they will provide another set of toiletries and towels (less grayish in color). Read the rules posted on the wall. If you stain the sheets, towels, etc you will pay for them. I'm giving them a "Very Good" rate because the hotel is okay for the price of P1,100.00 but they can improve some more.

Pros:
Hotel is located in Upper Session Rd and is in front of SM. The room and T&B are clean and the price of P1,100/night for 2 pax is fair. Staff are friendly. There is sufficient cabinets/drawers to store your things. Even when the hotel is located near SM Baguio, there is minimal noise coming from road (vehicle/people passing by), so you'll still get a good night's sleep

Cons:
There should be better coordination with the Main Hotel and the Extension Hotel particularly with the reservations. They should provide better towels, I’m not looking for one with a thousand-count but something that still “looks” white is preferable.

<<<Note: Not hotel related but a trip advice, "don't be duped into getting private city tours". In front of the hotel, there were 2 people offering tour services for P2,500-P3,000. We know how much fare (in jeep and taxi) it will cost to get to the tour sites and the most expensive is about P20 if by jeep or P120 by taxi (this is Burnham area to PMA). Other sites like Grotto, Strawberry Farm, Mines View only cost P9, P12 and P10 per person in jeep fares. Even if you take a taxi to all the tourists spots, it won't cost you P1,000 max.>>>

Room Tip: Choose rooms ending in 1-6, they afford a better view (pine trees). The rooms opposite the hallway faces the Main Hotel (just an old bldg).
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank traversata
Reviewed May 5, 2013

after numerous complaints I gave to the front desk on may5th 2013 about the drunk kids in the room next to me, nothing was done. at 3 am I told them if they do not give them another room, my ten days I was going to spend there would only be one day. they refused to relocate the rude, obnoxious loud kids.. so they lost 10,000 pesos from me. ill never go here again. its amazing that the management would allow the front desk to let 10,000 pesos walk out the door like that.

Room Tip: choose a room in a different hotel with better front desk management
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business