“Average; And why ask a photo ID?”
Review of Bloomfield Hotel

Bloomfield Hotel
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Baguio
Reviewed May 23, 2012

So i booked on this hotel primarily because it is near SM to which is the place i would bring my partner later for shopping. it's generally safer at Session road anyway. i also chose this over Hotel Supreme at Magsaysay because its very far from the city proper. Hotel Veniz has a nasty "Cubao smell" when you go out. i know, its that sewer on the crossing plus its very unsafe to go back to the hotel at night because there are so many drunks meeting/passing you buy who just came from Maharlika or Abanao st. that's because me and my partner will be walking the streets of baguio at night. Belfrant hotel at General Luna would be okay I guess but nah, too many drunkards also that time at the road during night time. The adjacent 45 Hotel is maybe a better/cheaper choice but I wasnt able to check how clean their rooms are. The cost of Manor hotel at John Hay is too much for my budget. so what happened? well the the cost for one night is P2,140 for two person. this was booked on Apr2012. I actually asked them to change the beddings first because there were stains. duh? anyway this hotel is okay. I mean, i can find other cheaper hotel maybe but this is okay. the only thing i dont like is that, why do they have to ask my freakin ID and then photocopy it? freakin invasion of privacy. im not going here to attend a seminar. im with my partner, that's it. i want it to be discreet but then they just kill it by asking my ID. if they really wanna verify me then yeah, let them match my ID to my face and when satisfied its me, then that's it. no need to actually get it and have it photocopied. are we freakin in the 60s? whatevs. I remember going to a resort in La Union, i booked a room, they never asked for any freakin ID, besides I'm mature. I dont look like 14 years old. I even put my name as Jake Roberts and the girl at the reception never bother asking anything at all. just business as usual. So I am wondering how come they would be asking my ID here in Bloomfield unless something is wrong with my package. is my partner underage? no. my partner is willing to show ID but no need to freakin photocopy it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank brucelee45

Reviewed May 4, 2012

We returned to Baguio City after a long time to escape the heat of Manila and stayed here for 3 nights during the Labor Day weekend. We chose this hotel because of its location. Both SM Baguio and Session Road are just a few steps away. We stayed in the executive suite on the 4th floor. It has 3 separate bedrooms with 2 bathrooms plus a small kitchenette and living room. Six people can comfortably fit in this suite. In fact, it is good for large groups...and for the price of P6,050 a night plus free breakfast for 6...it was a bargain. Their parking is limited but we had no problems with it . Since traffic is so heavy in Baguio, better not use your vehicle. Just park your car at their basement and just use the taxis which are plentiful in Baguio to take you sightseeing, etc. The hotel staff...all of them are very nice people. They will gladly assist you. Kudos to Sir Ryan or Randy for suggesting to us a very nice Korean restaurant. We had a sumptous dinner at Wood Nymph near the Dep Ed office and their korean food was really good. Breakfast was ok. Rooms were cool and nice. The following are my criticisms...1. Hot water in the showers are not that hot. 2. Although they had complimentary coffees in the room, there was no hot kettle. 3. Flawed policy in giving breakfast vouchers daily....the front desk agent accidentally gave our breakfast vouchers to another guest/s of the hotel...when we came in for breakfast, the lady in the restaurant told us that our breakfast vouchers were already consumed...funny since they cannot even identify the persons they allegedly gave the coupons...lesson...upon check in, guests should already be given breakfast coupons by the front office and not on a daily basis...so that the liability is already transferred to the guest...in the above mentioned policy, the liability is with the front desk agent since she was the one who was giving out the coupons on a daily basis...unlike if you give it beforehand to the guests,,,then,for example, if a guest looses his coupon, then the liability is already transferred to the guest. I immediately called upon the attention of the duty manager on this kind of policy...since it is normal that the front office clerk could not memorize each and every guest and their corresponding room numbers...so it would be better to give the breakfast coupons (depending on the number of days) in advance to the guest upon check in. Anyway, despite this mishap, the front desk agent was apologetic with her debacle and immediately coordinated with the restaurant so that we could have our breakfast. Despite these minor things. we will still consider Bloomfield our hotel in Baguio!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Taekwondo_Family05
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I don't know how to begin this review coz I'm still trying to calm myself lest I might end up bashing this hotel (which I think I'm guilty of doing already).

This is already my third day here and I'm really quite pissed off. Imagine, my room has not been cleaned since I checked in. And returning to the mess I left behind after a whole day of meetings is not my idea of rest. I forgave them yesterday, thinking that it was just an oversight. But with dirty towels and an unmade bed plus a trash can full to the brim...this is simply too much! I called the attention of the front desk, and what did she say? Well, they have revised the rules. Instead of regular housekeeping as the default standard, they decided not to clean the rooms unless requested by the guest! That is just insane! I couldn't understand their reasoning that most of their guests prefer not to have their rooms cleaned so they reversed the policy. I told them that they should have warned all guests about it and not just assume that everyone likes the same thing.

Okay, now that I'm done with the rants, I can now move on to better stuff.

First, I must say the staff are very nice and accommodating and always greet people with a smile. Wi-fi connection even in the basement rooms is fast. Breakfast is the typical Filipino/American fare but good enough. Water pressure is great. Hot water is really hot. There's cable TV and mini ref. The room I have (senior de luxe - P2,300) is spacious with twin beds and really lovely pillows. It also has a hair dryer. Since it's in the basement, there's hardly any outside noise (take note that since Baguio is hilly, basement rooms still have windows though there's no good view). Hotel location is just across SM City (a popular mall). Getting a cab to anywhere is easy. Food at the Cafe is good and cheap.

The down side: Toiletries are limited to two pieces of sorry looking soap and two sachets of shampoo. TV is still the CRT model. Blankets look like they haven't been washed properly. No other amenities.

One amusing but disturbing incident, however. On my first night, the fire alarm suddenly went off so everyone rushed to the door to check what was happening. A bellboy then came to assure us that everything's okay and that someone might have stayed in the shower for long so the steam from the hot shower triggered the alarm.

We actually booked the junior executive suite thinking that a two-bedroom suite would be cool only to find out that the two rooms are too small, there's only one bathroom outside the room, and the living and dining areas are too cramped. With that observation, we decided to change our rooms. We would have transferred to Burnham Suites but we were already too tired at that time.

For the amount I paid, I don't think I'll go back here again unless I'm desperate for a place to stay.

Room Tip: choose a room at the basement if you want peace and quiet . Stay away from the junior executive sui...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank gold1109
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We stayed at the Junior Executive room for 3D/2N and the place was superb! Fluffy pillows, comfortable bed and warm blankets. The lighting is great as well, making the room cozy.

The hotel staff is very nice and courteous, greets you whenever they see you pass by. Manong security guard is very nice as well -- opens the taxi door for us whenever we arrive.
Security is good -- the hallways have CCTVs, alarms, good fire exits and smoke detectors. Double locks on the door as well.

The location is great, which is beside SM (in case you need to buy something), Session Road (where most of the great food restaurants in Baguio are located), Cathedral Church and the taxis are 24/7 passing by the road.

The Wifi service is fast, and has their own access points per hotel floor.

We were once residents of Baguio for 17 years -- and this hotel is the only place that really reminded us of what Baguio really is.

Whenever I come back to Baguio, I will always stay in this place -- and will recommend this hotel to my friends, coworkers and to my boss as well.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank aeleron_blue
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Recently, stayed here for 4 days & 3 nights.

Staff were all very accomodating. Location was perfect, it's very near Session road, the Cathedral and SM.

Their are only 2 things that would probably prevent me from staying here again- Parking and the noise (from the traffic just outside the hotel).

For parking, they only have around 6 at the basement and 4 infront. It's on a first come first served basis. On two different occassions, we decided to just hang out somewhere else first since all slots were taken. The basement parking is too small also. Once all the cars are in, you've to be extra cautious because the cars are parked too close to each other. I couldn't even go out and had to go to the passenger side just to get out of the car.

Re the noise, we chosed the room with a terrace. Unfortunately, the terrace door remained close the entire time to minimized the noise from the cars who are passing by and also prevent the carbon monoxide from going inside our room. Had a hard time sleeping during the first night.

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank DennisGutierrez
Reviewed April 7, 2012

The staff and crews are very accommodating and always smiling. The rooms are very clean and hot water is not a problem. The WiFi is very fast and stable.

I will surely booked a room in this hotel when I return to Baguio City..

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank LouisManalo
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Ideal for vacationers travelling by bus. the hotel is in the heart of the city. Nice and cozy place.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family