“False prices quoted”
Review of Casa de Clara

Casa de Clara
Ranked #35 of 94 Trujillo B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I made via telephone a reservation for a single room at this hostal. A price of 30 soles including the breakfast was clearly quoted. When I arrived Clara showed me a shabby private room directly next to the entrance door. I wanted to see another one and she offered me a bed in a 3 bed room for 25 soles. She told me that they dont have dorm beds. When I had the standard tasteless breakfast of two panecillos and cafe the next morning, Clara charged 5 soles for it and told me so directly after I finished it that the breakfast was not included. This dishonesty in hilarious. Spoiled my morning.

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank zhear

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My five friends and I had an amazing stay here. We had arrived around 4am because of an overnight bus and Clara was nice enough to have the room already ready for us, so that we could rest. The meals were good, and she offered very good inexpensive tours. Good location!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank rheabiz
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very good tours, meals & information. You can meet guides from all over Peru. Although our tourists usually stay in 4 star hotels, this is more peaceful, on a quiet park. 3 huge water tanks ensure permanent hot water. I have had occasion to bring my own passengers here, when the town water supply failed around October/November during annual maintenance work.

Room Tip: There is something for everybody. I have brought groups who preferred a boys dormitory & girls d...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ed R
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I planned on staying here for a night ended up to stay 3 or even 4 I lost track of time. It was absolutly amazing, the rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, terrasse is huge and beautiful and Clara, the owner is suuuuper nice and helpful. She will take you on a tour to Chan Chan or where ever else you might want to go, she is so passionate about these places that its a pleasure to do the tour with her, she will take as much time as you will show interest.
Beautiful place, close to the center, absolutly loved it!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank BerlinDi
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We Stayed two nights at casa de Clara and had a wonderful time. the room was clean and the staff ( well more like Family) was great. if you are looking for a quiet stay without the party atmosphere this is the place. Also Clara is a very energetic tour guide with passion for her local history. well worth taking a tour with her. While we were there my girlfriend was sick with a fever it was nice to have Clara there, She took care of us just like home.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is basically the house of Clara who is a slightly eccentric lady but really lovely. The rooms are gorgeous but most are not ensuite. but they are really nicely decorated and shared bathrooms are clean.

She hosts lots of school groups and can cook for you all meals that you require

you can use the kitchen but have to pay for the gas if you would rather cook for yourself

there is good wifi and its a huge house so lots of places to sit around the house and relax including the ground floor lounge and terrace
also the house is in front of a little park.

Real nice hostel that will having you staying for more days than planned

also Clara is a first rate travel guide and can arrange personalised trips to nearby ruins

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank TravelButtefly
Reviewed April 20, 2012

This place was recommended by our guide book so we were expecting some good service and prices. The first price that was quoted was 60 soles for a private room ! Too expensive plus the place was almost empty. After bargaining for 10sec we got it for 40 soles ! The owner was pretty cold and when we asked her question she didn't answer but instead tried to sell us her own tours !
Bedroom was correct and clean but don't take one on the 4th floor cause it gets very hot !!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple