See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 16, 2015 via mobile

I liked staying at this place because i felt so comfortable at this place. The rooms are very light and clean. I stayed in a room with 6 beds and i met some nice people. The kitchen is easy to use and this makes you feel like youre home. I would recomend this place: the host is really nice and she helps you out finding the way in Trujillo.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 5, 2014

After being let down by Clara (from Casa de Clara) we showed up at this place at around 9.30pm and had a choice of dorm, double with shared bathroom or private matrimonial. We decided for latter although the price of 60soles is definitely too much for what you actually get. The whole place is quite run down, the room, though big, is not really inviting at first sight. Bathroom cleanliness should be much better, but well, we didn't really have a lot of choice given the time of arrival.
Admittedly the mattress wasn't as uncomfortable as it looked, the sheets (very thin) seem to have been freshly washed and the water in the shower is really hot. The kitchen is quite a mess, still good enough to prepare some coffee in the morning which you could enjoy in the quite nice patio. A bit out of laziness we decided to also stay the second night at this place although we're sure you could find cozier places at similar or slightly higher price in Trujillo. It the hostel were less expensive I'd given it definitely a star more.

Room tip: doubles with shared bathroom don't have an outside window, private doubles have windows to the nice patio where the birds are singing in the morning.
Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank GSPhoney
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Stayed here 1 night, it is in a nice place in Trujillo, the beds were comfy, the shower ok. The owner is nice. Had no trouble with noise at night. Only thing is-it doesn't actually look like a hostel from the outside, but it is there!

Date of stay: March 2014
Reviewed March 21, 2013

stayed here for one night before headig to the coast. i would have not stayed any longer and although the family were really friendly and helpful i probably wouldnt go back. we paid 40 soles for a room with shared bathroom and the bathroom stunk of poo and the shower wasnt very clean. the room was extremly hot as no fan and the bed was probably the worst ive slept in on my travels so far. we arrived very earlier from a night bus so wasnt really in the mood to search high and low for a nother place so we made do.

and also they dont tell you but next door is a night club i didnt sleep a wink until it finished around 4am. do some more research if you use lonely planet. it was the only centrally located place recommended for the price i could afford, i am pretty sure there will be much betterfor even cheaper or atleast the same price. the lesson i seem to keep learning is dont trust LP.

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

I booked ahead in advance. My bus was 2 hours late, so I arrived after 11pm. The owner was nice and friendly, letting me in and showing me to my dorm room.

The dorm room was very large with 4 beds and a bathroom with hot water. There is a bar next door which can make some noise but if you are tired you should have no trouble falling asleep in the comfy beds. There is wifi in the rooms.

I would reccomebd this hostel.

Date of stay: November 2012