“Don't miss the Chelsea”

Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 7, 2013

The restaurant is beautiful, in a historic old building with a fabulous looking bar that I never had time to enjoy in and of itself! A friend took us there for a late lunch that was fabulous, great wine and ceviche included. Really nice staff and not that expensive. It is a local institution, and in the back there is a bandstand and dance floor that was getting ready for New Year's eve with live music. The place must have rocked! You can easily walk there from the Plaza de Armas, right down Trujillo's nice pedestrian street. Just before you get to the end, where it meets the still-intact old city gate and the cute tree-shaded park where the craft booths are set up, you turn right and go about 3 blocks. Incidentally, you pass by a new family restaurant with those great rotissary chickens (with Cusquenos, my favorite Peru beer!) that can be hard to find. Really nice family and great food!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have eaten there twice over the past 8 months...and may stop there again tomorrow. Overall you cannot go wrong. A little UK atmosphere / theme, but do not expect much. The staff treated me nicely when I went there solo a few times to drink, and when I took my 9 yearold to eat. Prices are not that bad, plus the food is enjoyable. There's a good selection so you will find something for everyone. I prefer seafood but my son ordered steak. It's Trujillo so it will not measure up to Lima, but when you are staying overnight ...it's a safe bet. I am still trying to find an alternative. I suggest that you make sure you get good directions since it is somewhat tucked away, but walk-able if you do not miss it.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I really enjoyed the atmosphere. Good food and decent prices. They have a buffet sunday that was pretty good. My dad and I went we had some chicken gizzards and chuletas. Good value.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

mediocre food, uninterested staff, VERY expensive. don´t bother, there are much better places in Trujillo

Reviewed March 5, 2012

Been to the restaurant twice. The first time was decent and ate the lomo saltado over pesto noodle which was a nice twist. The second was much better. We all ordered off the "Chef Recomienda" portion of the menu. I had some of the best pork I've ever had artfully plated over potatoes. The service is above average for Peru. There are many different rooms. The main room is dark and large. There are smaller rooms with lots of stone that are more intimate (and better lit). We are already planning to return.