“Worth a stop if downtown”
Review of Chelsea

Chelsea
Ranked #46 of 278 Restaurants in Trujillo
Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have eaten there twice over the past 8 months...and may stop there again tomorrow. Overall you cannot go wrong. A little UK atmosphere / theme, but do not expect much. The staff treated me nicely when I went there solo a few times to drink, and when I took my 9 yearold to eat. Prices are not that bad, plus the food is enjoyable. There's a good selection so you will find something for everyone. I prefer seafood but my son ordered steak. It's Trujillo so it will not measure up to Lima, but when you are staying overnight ...it's a safe bet. I am still trying to find an alternative. I suggest that you make sure you get good directions since it is somewhat tucked away, but walk-able if you do not miss it.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I really enjoyed the atmosphere. Good food and decent prices. They have a buffet sunday that was pretty good. My dad and I went we had some chicken gizzards and chuletas. Good value.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

mediocre food, uninterested staff, VERY expensive. don´t bother, there are much better places in Trujillo

Reviewed March 5, 2012

Been to the restaurant twice. The first time was decent and ate the lomo saltado over pesto noodle which was a nice twist. The second was much better. We all ordered off the "Chef Recomienda" portion of the menu. I had some of the best pork I've ever had artfully plated over potatoes. The service is above average for Peru. There are many different rooms. The main room is dark and large. There are smaller rooms with lots of stone that are more intimate (and better lit). We are already planning to return.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

Friday night with wife and friends from Lima and Barcelona. The English pub atmosphere was very nice and almost elegant, and the food was strictly Peruvian with emphasis on northern Peru.

I had pesto noodles topped with lomo saltado, a unique combination. The presentation was nice and the food tasty.

The service was good and the value for what you got was a helluva lot cheaper than Lima.