Review Highlights
Excellent private transfer to La Paz

My husband and I have booked a private transfer to La Paz with Andean Ways. The booking process was... read more

Reviewed November 5, 2018
Unelma333
Karlsruhe, Germany
via mobile
Private kayak trip

We took a private kayak trip around the Uros islands with Edison, he was fantastic and... read more

Reviewed October 22, 2018
Eleanor M
via mobile

All reviews sun hats border crossing juan carlos kayak experience private transfer life jackets fantastic guide next morning la paz explained everything titicaca lake tour guide amazing experience uros islands small island edison tiwanaku
Reviewed January 20, 2018

I selected Andean Ways quite literally based on the reviews here on TA. I was still a wee bit skeptical as I had never been to the area before and was relying completely on reviews, and there are a fair amount of fraudulent operators out there....

TRUST THE REVIEWS HERE!! They are dead on! Edison and Andean Ways are fantastic, providing a level of customer service seldom seen anywhere anymore.

It was fairly short notice, and was initialy for Kayaking on Lago Titikaka, out to the Uros Islands, which was National Geographic level fantastic! but then I threw in a tour of the Sillisturi Funeral towers in the afternoon, and everything was arranged, and rearranged like it had been planned for months.

Edison came to the hotel early the morning of day 1, and gave a thorough
briefing of what to expect. Gave us Kayaking lessons on the spot, and with spray -skirts, life jackets, sun hats (wear them!) and very good, well maintained - Ok, New - (STABLE!) kayaks. Felt very safe and secure at all times.

He was very patient and we got to do everything as promised, despite our beginner status! Edison was also very knowledgeable of the history, giving a very informative talk once we got to the destination island. He also knew the language of the area (Uros' don't use Spanish) Oh yeah, Lunch was literally 5-star. Grilled trout, etc. Don't drink to much Coca Tea though or you WILL be awake at night!

The rest of the day went smoothly and we made the Tour bus to Sillisturi a few minutes late, but they waited. Great! At the end of the day, because the hotel was just out of town, so the tour bus did not drop there, Edison came into Puno and provided hotel transportation when we were ready.

I honestly cant say enough about Andean Ways. Everything was very professional, and at no time did I feel unsafe or disappointed. They have my trust and I will be, without hesitation, arranging everything through them next trip back.

A couple notes:
1. They use WhatsApp, which pretty much most of the world uses except the USA, so that would be useful to load. (Yes, there is service).

2. They are not a transportation company, but I would ask if they can arrange your other transportation needs such airport transfers to/From JULiaca, etc.

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed December 25, 2017

I had the best time with Andean Ways! I booked a private tour in their agency in the centre of Puno for the next morning and it was no problem at all. The girl working there was really friendly and explained everything to me. The next morning I was picked up on time and we drove down to the harbour. It was raining a little and the guide was well prepared with spray skirts and even an extra rain jacket for me in case I had not brought one. The kayaks were quite new and in perfect condition. Since I already had kayaking experience we spent the noon exploring the lake and on return, we visited one of the Uros islands. There were hardly any tourists and we got to talk to the family who lived there. Edison, the guide, was very attentive and eager to share his knowledge about the area, the lake and the Uros by answering any questions I had or explaining things we saw on the way. All in all, I could not have imagined a better experience. It was fun, adventurous and I learned a lot of things about the lake! Most importantly, it was not as touristy as e.g. the typical lake tour I had done the day before as we went to an island on the northern side of the Uros with less day tourists. This was exactly what I had hoped for! Thank you for an amazing day!

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed December 1, 2017

We were in Puno for 2 nights and we looked at tours for Lake Titicaca the day before getting to Puno.
Andean ways was very responsive to all my emails and provided an amazing customer service. Edison even came to our hotel once we were in Puno - despite the fact he had a cold and was feeling under the weather - to give us a briefing on the tour. Since another tour guide was giving the tour on the day, he provided with all the information we needed to ensure there was no miscommunication or a bad experience.
The tours provided by Andean Ways seem to be cheaper than the tour companies with the highest rating but seems to be much better quality.
I would recommend Andean Ways to anyone. Keep up the great work Edison.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed November 29, 2017 via mobile

In a market full of shady tour operators, Edison at Andean Ways is a breath of fresh air. He saved our vacation after another tour operator was less than honest and took us on a tour other than what we booked. Edison assisted us by putting together a private tour which was the highlight of our trip in Puno. If you have time to visit Amaru Muru it is not to be missed, and Edison is your guy to make it a pleasant experience. Thanks Edison!

Date of experience: November 2017
Edison G, Gerente at Andean Ways, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2017

Thank you so much for your review!
The only thing that I would like to say from the bottom of my heart is " THANK YOU! THANK YOU! YOUR ENTIRE SATISFACTION IS OUR TOP PRIORITY".
I'm very happy to meet you both! I've learned the lesson! Well taught!

Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

We did the kayak experience at the Uros Islands and it was super interesting and fun: Edison is available for any enquiry or need and also very very kind, and so are the island inhabitants that we met.

Date of experience: October 2017
Edison G, Manager at Andean Ways, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Amedeo, thank you so much for such great words. Our goal is precisely that, make you live up our way of life, traditions, history and more. Thank you adventurous friends!