Casa Andina Standard Puno
$75
$81
$55
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsshort walkthe main squaretour busthe ground floorclean hotelno elevatorbasic breakfastfew blocksthe hotel staffthe breakfast areamate de cocahigh altitudehotel is locatedtwo night stayconvenient locationtriple roompublic areas
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Casa Andina while we were in Puno. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. We did hear some noise from people in next room but not enough to be a bother. The staff was extremely helpful and breakfast selections were not great, but certainly "good enough." The hotel is also within easy walking distance to stores and restaurants. Puno has a very nice town square which we really enjoyed walking to and had dinner in a restaurant suggested by the hotel staff.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We had two nights here. Staff were very helpful.

Room was very functional - a good size, clean and quiet. No complaints.

It's pretty much in the heart of Puno - just a short walk down the street to the main roads where everything is going on. This place is excellent value for money.

Lots of choice at breakfast and never appeared to run out of anything.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I had only one night here, it should have been two but I had developed a rotten cold on the way up from Cusco, and the altitude which was a bit of a problem for me in Cusco was even worse here. There was no way I was going to be going out early in the morning for a boat trip round Lake Titicaca, so I got my travel agent to change my booking and went back to Lima a day early.

Having said that, this is a nice hotel, the rooms are comfortable, clean, and WARM!

The staff are excellent and the breakfast is good. As is usual in Peru, internet access is free and its fast.

The hotel location looks a bit 'iffy' at first, but the main pedestrian area is just a couple of minutes walk away, although Puno appears to be a bit touristy for my taste. I ended up having pizza for dinner but then all I wanted to do was eat and go to bed and try to sleep.

Room Tip: I didn't know it had a fitness centre......Get a room at the back for sure
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Mitselakis
Reviewed December 28, 2011

The hotel is quite pleasant if you manage to secure a back-facing room. Street-facing rooms suffer from poor sound proofing and your sleep may be troubled by traffic noise, car alarms and the occasional party at the function room across the road. Unfortunately on the night we stayed there was a party there. To staff's credit they changed our rooms and even gave us an upgrade (from triple to two doubles). However, if you stay in high season there may not be availability to change rooms so I'd recommend to stay away from the hotel to be on the "safe sleep" side.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank petitdobrasil
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Nice, clean hotel, decor a bit dated. Receptionists pleasant and helpful. Is short walk from main square and pedestrian area but would not like to walk there alone. Road gets very dark and area a bit shabby as soon as you leave the shopping/restaurant area. Stay in Puno not greatest experience due to altitude. We didn't suffer as badly as others but did get blinding headaches so time there spent on short forays out combined with bed rest and lots of coca tea, which was kindly always topped up in Reception. Therefore appreciated hotel reception organizing our one trip, 1/2 day to the "floating islands", was all we could cope with. Also helpfully told us where to go for a replacement suitcase as my bag gave up the ghost. Had some nice meals in Puno and fun to see all kids dressed up as we were there on Halloween, they really go to town. So overall pleasant enough experience but hotel lacks that "extra" that you get from an independent hotel, who always seem that bit more pleased to see you!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple