“Funky little cafe - great hot chocolate”

Cafe Bar de la Casa del Corregidor
Ranked #4 of 108 Restaurants in Puno
Cuisines: Peruvian, Contemporary, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Nice place for any time of day and night, friendly environment, very good service and selected music. Located in the heart of Puno, La Casa del Corregidor is a historical monument dating back to 1668. We have a home cousine that serves salads, soups, meals with local products, juices, sandwiches, desserts, warm snacks and tapas; plus a great bar proposal with artesanal beers and wines.
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Our group stumbled upon this place looking for somewhere to warm up. There's three sections - outdoor seating, a bar area and then a little cosy room with walls covered in vinyl and record covers. Really funky place, good toasted sandwhiches, coffe's pretty good and the hot chocolate was amazing.

1  Thank Lizbeth26

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a get spot to stop in for a quick bite or a coffee or drink. It is broken into 3 basic areas: outside cafe, inside bar and what I think the Brits would call a snug. The "snug" is the coolest part of the establishment decorated with old albums and old album covers. Lots of games to play ....old fashion board an card games that is and it seems lots of good company. Check it out. I don't think it will disappoint.

Mauro B, Gerente at Cafe Bar de la Casa del Corregidor, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Thank you for your review. Come back soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We had several lunches here as toasties go down well with our kids and they have WiFi. Staff were very friendly and cheerful, coffee quite strong and cakes good. Also nice location just off the main plaza with effort made on the decor.

Half of the menu was not available which is not ideal and paninis one day became sliced bread the next. Toasties OK but tapas overpriced for what was included.

You can get cheaper around town but gringos will feel at home and WiFi is almost a necessity these days and you pay extra so it is free?!

Mauro B, Gerente at Cafe Bar de la Casa del Corregidor, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2018

Thank you for visiting, we will improve on the things you noted, we hope you can come back.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Okay, I'll admit we didn't eat here, so I can't rate the food or the service. But we did have the hot chocolate, which to me was the best I've ever had. Yes, hard to believe that statement, but true. Even better than Max Brenner, the Bald Man. But I loved the atmosphere best of all. Vinyl records all over the walls and album covers too. My kid (16 years old) and I had a blast checking out the albums displayed and the music they played (predominantly rock and roll) was terrific. Every tune was excellent and some rare pieces among them. That made it hard to pick up and go. Bottom line... if you go to Puno, you should NOT miss this cafe bar!

1  Thank MrBill53

Thank you so much for your review, we hope you can comeback and try more of the things we can offer.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed the nice courtyard, with flowers blooming and interesting music playing. I got an espresso. It was bitter. I got an average creamed tomato soup. I was not impressed enough to go back or recommend this place.

We regret you didn't have a better time, if you do come back we hope you have a better experience, we will take notes on the things you pointed out.