“Good Location”
Review of El Buho Hotel

El Buho Hotel
Ranked #25 of 64 Hotels in Puno
Reviewed November 24, 2013

El Buho is in a good location with the main street just around the corner. Our room was clean with an ensuite shower room and hot water. Allthough there was no heating once in bed we were warm enough and did not wake up feeling cold, they do provide extra blankets. The breakfast was Ok but not spectacular! The staff were polite and helpful although I did have a grievance with them regarding their conversion of the bill to US dollars - two different staff with two different amounts! Wi fi and internet available although the computer is tucked into a very dark corner. Taking everything into account I would still recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Gillian P

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was clean and bed confortable but it was very very cold ! No heating, no hot water and windows don't close well.
The breakfast is ok but nothing extra ordinary
The personnel is polite but not helpful at all : we asked once for a tea in the evening because we were frozen, they said not possible. We asked another time them to call an hotel for us because we don't speak the language, they said not possible.
We don't recommand this hotel because it's too expensive for the servie delivered

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Ferbom
Reviewed December 5, 2012

The hotel we originally booked online let us down by apparently being no longer in business so we found El Buho. The staff were super helpful (they let us know that our train had been moved forward due to a strike, and then after it was cancelled made many phone calls to find out the situation and get us alternative transport)

Our double bed was very comfortable, the shower hot, the internet very fast (there's a router on each floor) and the breakfast was good enough.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank goodlegs_xyz
Reviewed October 28, 2012

El Buho was pretty average for me, but it is well located with lots of restaurants, bars and shop directly around it.
The room was ok, same for the bathroom.
Breakfast however was good.
Staff friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank PatrickBuijs
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We arrived quite late but were lucky to find still some free rooms. The hotel is located very near to the main pedestrian street and therefore very convenient. Good price for the quality provided.
We were three persons so we got a triple room which was not very big but sufficient for a one night stay. There is a private bath with hot shower but as very often in middle class Peruvian hotels no shampoo thus it is necessary to buy one from the street...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Dominik125
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Very well located, comfortable, quiet, with an excellent service. My girlfriend and I stayed here for three nights during our trip to Titicaca region. Highly recommended!!! Excellent staff!!!
After we left to Lima, once we got there I realized I have missed my camera with all pictures from our two-weeks trip in Peru. I called the hotel and they have searched and found it. And then they arranged to send the camera to Lima with another guest so it could get back to us before our flight back home. That was awesome and very kind!!!
Thanks a lot!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DanieldeMedeiros
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed here for two nights in July. The hotel is well located, around the corner from the main street in town. I booked my Lake Titcaca tour here and had laundry done too. I got a good deal on the Internet, about half the price of the displayed rates, and the reception staff seemed surprised but had to give me a triple room to myself as all of the single and double rooms were occupied. Puno is a cold place in July and I was told I would need to ay extra for heating. Once in bed I was ok but the room itself was cold at night and less so in the morning. The breakfast was fine, better than the average in Peru. Overall, my stay was more than adequate but I feel that a three star hotel should have some form of heating included.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank nellygiddy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puno
Hotel Conde de Lemos
#10 of 64 in Puno
Taypikala Lago
Taypikala Lago
#12 of 64 in Puno

Been to El Buho Hotel? Share your experiences!