If you are going to Puno then I would recommend staying at the Libertador if only because it is the best hotel on offer there. The Architecture leans more towards 60's Inner City Office Block than Inca Majesty which is a shame but there it is.
The hotel is nice and clean inside. Our room wasn't huge but adequate for a couple of nights. The bar downstairs had all the atmosphere of a Mormon Library which of course led us to grab a taxi into town every evening. The main pedestrian street in Puno is lively with plenty of good restaurants. It is cold at night and everyone dresses accordingly (woolley hats and coats) giving the place an oddly "Christmas" feel about it - in August !
The trip from the hotel out to the reed islands is worthwhile. A boat leaves from the jetty at the hotel and the trip takes a couple of hours. Go see the natives living on the islands, marvel at their reed boats. Buy their trinkets and admire their sola powered TV's and DVD players !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Libertador Lake Titicaca is the only 5-star hotel in the area and sitsatop private Esteves Island. From anywhere in the hotel, guestswill marvel at outstanding sun rises and sun sets since each roomcommands a spectacular view of the lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelClick, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Libertador Lake Titicaca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Libertador Lake Titicaca Hotel Puno
- Libertador Lago Titicaca Hotel Puno
- Puno Libertador Lago Titicaca