This hotel claims to be 5 star but it certainly isn't. The views are good and it probably is the best option when staying in the Puno area. The whole hotel is souless. The rooms are small - you will walk into the bed at least once during your stay! The service was generally poor with the exception of the bar. No bell boys when we arrvied so carried out bags to the room ourselves. Whilst we are perfectly capable of doing this it is not what you expect in a 5 star establishment. The bar was deserted but the manager was quite happy to get us snacks, even things that were not on the menu so full marks for service there, it did take a long time to get the bill though. Breakfast was quite a poor selection and we had to ask 4 times for coffee. The hotel does not have its own generator so when the area experiences power cuts everything stops. The Sonesta does appear to have a generator as when the whole of Puno shut down we could still see lights at the Sonesta.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Libertador Lake Titicaca is the only 5-star hotel in the area and sitsatop private Esteves Island. From anywhere in the hotel, guestswill marvel at outstanding sun rises and sun sets since each roomcommands a spectacular view of the lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Libertador Lake Titicaca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Libertador Lake Titicaca Hotel Puno
- Libertador Lago Titicaca Hotel Puno
- Puno Libertador Lago Titicaca