We picked this hotel for the location - lake's edge, and high up. Indeed it had an incredible view of the lake, which was glorious to wake up to as the windows are huge enough to see out of while still lying in bed. East facing so room gets flooded with morning sun - if you're not already gone due to being on an early lake tour.
Big modern hotel with beautiful amenities and grounds, but it felt like we were part of the big "tourist machine" with all the busloads coming and going and the foyer being full of suitcases and people waiting for their buses. At such times, there's no point waiting for the elevators - just use the Escher-style stairs and enjoy the journey down.
The bed was comfortable, bathroom worked well enough not to recall any issues. Maybe we could have done with a little more space for our bags.
Don't miss walking out the door by the bar, turning right, and following the lighted pathway up to the top of the rocky outcrop ... for the most gorgeous view of the lake, from Puno over to the right, all the way to the floating islands of the Uros people across to the left. A lot of landscaping work has gone into this feature, so get your coat and head up to enjoy a little solitude and reflection at sunset ... maybe with a drink in hand (if they let you take them outside).
We took the Andean Explorer train down from Cusco to get here, a wonderful day trip full of surprises - not just your average train ride, that's for sure. Owned by the Orient Express, so your money is well spent on this journey. Then we took the "tourist bus" back to Cusco, which stopped at some sights, and good mountain shopping ... and was enjoyable enough - for a long bus ride.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Libertador Lake Titicaca is the only 5-star hotel in the area and sitsatop private Esteves Island. From anywhere in the hotel, guestswill marvel at outstanding sun rises and sun sets since each roomcommands a spectacular view of the lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Libertador Lake Titicaca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Libertador Lake Titicaca Hotel Puno
- Libertador Lago Titicaca Hotel Puno
- Puno Libertador Lago Titicaca