Compared to the city of Puno, the Libertador looks like something out of the future: all white and looking somewhat like a cruise ship run aground. The hotel is located on an island connected to the mainland by a road and an attended gate. The lobby area is very open with a wall of windows looking over Lake Titicaca. Guest rooms are located on 4 levels and most appear to have lake views. The rooms are comfortable and modern. Air conditioning is not really necessary at this altitude; you just open a window. A breakfast buffet was included in the price of our room. Dinner is served in the restaurant off the lobby. The menu is expensive but the food is well-prepared. We opted to have lunch in the bar area and ordered burgers. Peruvians season their beef with spices that are not familiar to most Americans. You either like the burgers or you don't. I was OK with it; my husband was not.
Unlike Cusco, downtown Puno is not really within walking distance and the hotel staff recommended against it. From what we could see from our tour van, picking up and dropping off at the various hotels, I'm not sure I would want to stroll downtown Puno. I also read on another travel website that hiking the hills above Puno was not recommended for tourists because of armed robberies (!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Libertador Lake Titicaca is the only 5-star hotel in the area and sitsatop private Esteves Island. From anywhere in the hotel, guestswill marvel at outstanding sun rises and sun sets since each roomcommands a spectacular view of the lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Libertador Lake Titicaca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Libertador Lake Titicaca Hotel Puno
- Libertador Lago Titicaca Hotel Puno
- Puno Libertador Lago Titicaca